The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

144 Pages V  « < 141 142 143 144 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is it called a crush because that's what it does to you?
auralpoison
post May 15 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #2841

Big Fat Bitch

Girl, I write the way I speak. Sometimes the truth hurts, but the truth is all there is. Mel, if you dig my shit, toddle on over to AbFad & the grossies thread. I was in my cups the other night & dished out a *doozie*. Don't drink while you read it or stuff will come out your nose.

There is a part of me that is still galled by the whole "Do you miss me?" thing. I mean, I walked out with the upper hand, but still where did he get off asking me that in public? He HAD to know he was begging for humiliation in front of his peers. Who does that? Smug, self-satisfied pricks, I say.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
melinamarie
post May 15 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #2842

BUSTie

delete

+Quote Post
mel
post May 15 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #2843

BUSTie

Well he called shortly after I posted. I know why it is they wait to call. They don't have much to say. I am going to roll with it and not try to figure it out what he's thinking or even what I'm thinking. I should just be glad I'm not crying into my vodka tonics anymore.

I love the way auralpoison talks. This is one of the more entertaining threads.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 14 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #2844

Big Fat Bitch

Mel, all I can say is that men are retarded. Every last one of them. Who knows what the fuck they're gonna do at any given time? All you can do is roll with it & enjoy the ride.

Bad Natulick! No hippies! Bad bad bad!

Melina! Call him. NOW. Do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars. Call him!

Jcrush is punishing me right now because I make him act like a great big baby. It's got to be killing him that a big goofy girl makes him act like a big goofy girl. HAH!

Ran into the old Acrush. He was like, "Do you miss me?" I say, "Why miss you when I can replace you?" He's cute, he's twenty-seven & he is the lovely new Tcrush. Sweet! Take that up the old chocolate whizzway, biznatch.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
mel
post May 14 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #2845

BUSTie

I've moved on from the "moooving on" thread after the end of a 4 year relationship and now have a crush. It has very effectively helped me forget the ex, but now I'm back in the world of phone call politics, cryptic dating behavior and wondering.

Our first date was one of those "tell the grandkids" stories. Really quite wonderful. We then had one date where he brought a wing man and one where I brought wing couples. We have slept together but even prior to that he acted very boyfriendly in public.

It's been years since I've started a new relationship so I'm not sure if that's what is happening here. He's much younger than I, which is a disturbing trend of mine--but that's a whole different thread. What I'm curious about is what cues to look for to understand what his interest level is. I won't take it personally yet if he doesn't want something serious, but would love to have a little more insight into what's going on before I let myself become too attached. It seems like it would be a really bad idea to ask point blank at this point.

Last time we spoke was yesterday morning. Haven't had a phone call yet. I realize every man is different, but I would appreciate any new crush/sex partner words of advice/warnings.

+Quote Post
natulik
post May 13 2006, 07:57 PM
Post #2846

BUSTie

Melina - definately call him up! Why not? There's clearly something there....

Little crush update: about 15 seconds ago my work crush boy sent me an sms that he just drove past my place.

Apparently he never knew where I lived until last Friday. We were talking about apartments with another girl who works with me, and I mentioned that I live across a Toyota dealership which he apparently drives by all the time. So he promised to let me know each time he does.

And now he did. And I was about to call back and scream "well! coooome up! NOW". But I didn't. Because things would happen. And we work too closely together for things to happen.

+Quote Post
mornington
post May 13 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #2847

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

melina - call him. If you're sure there's a chemistry between you, go for it. I'm curious to know why your relatives don't want you to see him, but unless you think their reasons are valid, ignore them.

I'm in-between crushes. It's rather dull - I see a bloke, I crush briefly, I see him the next day and I'm no longer crushing. times like this I long for a university where there are more than a handful of blokes. Or a social life...

+Quote Post
katiebelle2882
post May 13 2006, 05:44 PM
Post #2848

Hardcore BUSTie

melina marie, i say call him up and ask him to hang out. you MUST he clearly likes you. and you have chemistry! go for it!

--------------------
“There's something about the Irish that is remarkable.”-François de la Rochefoucauld

+Quote Post
melinamarie
post May 12 2006, 04:09 PM
Post #2849

BUSTie

deleted

+Quote Post
jessikafessika
post May 12 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #2850

oh my god! i am in the buffalo area and about a year ago - my friend and i also encountered a homeless guitary playing hippie. we scooped him off the side of the road and brought him to a bar and had a couple drinks with him. after we drove him to the nys thruway so he could hitch hike from there. he was really really attractive also. he came from oregon i think and was making his way to nj i believe. all he carried with him was his guitar and a notebook tied to some twine he wrapped around his body. i convinced him to take my umbrella. i wonder if its the same guy.

+Quote Post
glassk
post May 12 2006, 12:42 PM
Post #2851

Hardcore BUSTie

natulik. i admire you! the spontaneity! the bravery! the crush!
you are crazy, oh doctor, are you ever! i panhandled for an hour once to see what it was like. it was great. but noone fell in love with me! I think that story just made my day. I know what you mean, by, "what am I thinking!" yes, you really just made my day with that story.

--------------------
creativity? Art Mash-Up

+Quote Post
natulik
post May 10 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #2852

BUSTie

*sigh*

It must be spring, as I've now added a new crush to my office boy. This one is worse, much much worse, and NOTHING will ever come out of it because I've already sworn it wont. A homeless guitar-playing buddhist hippie. Yes. To top it off, an orphan, 24, and with a former drug addiction. Is there something critically wrong with me? Can't I be attracted to males who are available? Who don't work a meter away from me or live on the streets?

I was walking to a Blockbuster yesterday, saw him asking for change, smiled, something shortcircuited in my head. So on my way back I ended up smoking a cigarette with him, chatting (for almost an hour....unplanned...at all...i was supposed to give a cigarette, smile, and go go go), and eventually giving him an apple out of my purse (could I possible be more tacky/symbolic??). But seriously. Isn't there a law against homeless people looking so incredibly indescribably hot. Not cute. not nice. just hot. In a tanned long-haired hippy sort of way. Jesus Christ. I had to flee the scene because there was too much of a spark there, and I'm much too frustrated, and hope to god I won't see him again. But I probably will, because this is Montreal, and Montreal is a small city.

*le sigh*

And yes, on my way to work, I now pay attention to homeless hippies to make sure he's not one of them.

Help?

+Quote Post
opheliathemuse
post May 10 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #2853

Hardcore BUSTie

my little crushies, how I love and miss thee!

bklynhermit, you have all my sympathy and help vibes, really.

--------------------
There is a willow grows aslant a brook,
That shows his hoar leaves in the glassy stream.
There with fantastic garlands did she come...

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post May 10 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #2854

Hardcore BUSTie

emtee, i am in the later stages of something very similar.

i think i'm in love with my roommate. i've actually posted about this here at bust before, in the roommates thread. but the consensus there seems to be 'bad idea. get out NOW', which i can't do. so i shall come here to this lovely venting thread and vent my head off.

when i say 'in love', i don't mean oooh he's so cute. i don't mean a mere crush. i mean i have given deep consideration to spending the rest of my life with him. except that we're not dating or sleeping together or anything but friends and roommates.

what complicates things is that because we're such good friends there are certain boundaries we cross that typical roommates don't. we turn to each other in hard times. we cook for each other and eat together, socialize together, do each other's chores, etc.

i am a perpetually single person. and up until this point have mostly dated women. but i look at him and, well, it just seems like we fit. this works in a way i don't feel that long term romantic relationships necessarily do. i feel like he would be an ideal father for my future child. i would have no problem buying a home with him. if he told me tomorrow that he was moving to china, and do i want to come, i would wholeheartedly say yes and move around the world to be with him.

so it's weird. because we're not together. at all. and most likely never will be. i have no idea what his feelings for me are, outside of our friendship and living arrangements. i know he doesn't hate me or anything, but i feel like if he reciprocated i would know, and we wouldn't be 'just friends' after living together for six months. but maybe i've been reading too much "he's just not that into you". it's hard to understand that just because i have these strong feelings for him, it doesn't mean he sees me as anything more than just someone whose laundry he doesn't mind doing occasionally.

sorry for the long rant that actually has very little to do with crushes. i just need to get this off my chest, and seeing as he's my best friend, there's really nobody i can tell. and no other thread seemed right for it.

+Quote Post
emtee
post May 9 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #2855

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh. My. God. I am in lurve with my new roommate. This guy makes me dinner, we wash dishes together, go shopping together, nap together on the couch- only disaster can come of this. Fortunately, we're both just subletters, and by the end of June, we will not be living in the same house. But dang, he is adorable.

+Quote Post
misspissed
post May 9 2006, 12:11 AM
Post #2856

Hardcore BUSTie

i hafta join in the crush-stravaganza. i got one now, ya know :-)

nothing major, just some awkward flirting and info exchange. maybe hopefully awesome good details may follow!

+Quote Post
obelix
post May 4 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #2857

Hardcore BUSTie

Eek! My recent crush CJ has turned into my boyfriend, although we both know that we're doomed in the long run. BUT- I have a huge crush on L. I met him and thought he was so farking cool- and nearly a male version of myself. Then he started working at my company, so I cooled it.

But now he IMs me during the work day. Today he IM'd me to meet him in the file room because he had brought some HOMEMADE herbal tea and wanted me to taste it. And we went out to lunch on Tuesday, just the two of us. I told the boyfriend that I went out with "a few people" from work. And I haven't told L that I am involved with anybody.

I am being so dumb. Not cheating, but flirting waaaaaay too much.

+Quote Post
katiebelle2882
post May 3 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #2858

Hardcore BUSTie

yeah i am like that too with Bust. its bizarre that he did that and then spent 2 hours reading your posts. creepy even. ew

as for your friend josh, hes clearly a cool guy. i was more referring to what MOST men mean when they call a girl "the marrying kind". not enlightened ones. the guy who said that to jessika didnt seem like he meant it like your friend josh did. then again. i wouldnt expect you to hang with someone who thought that way:-)

--------------------
“There's something about the Irish that is remarkable.”-François de la Rochefoucauld

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 3 2006, 10:16 AM
Post #2859

Big Fat Bitch

Katie, I keep Bust like a fuckin' secret. None of my friends knew about this until now. I traveled with some folks I didn't really know, they googled me & up popped Bust. Apparently Pete spent two or so hours reading my posts. It's strange to actually meet a total stranger that knows that there is a freckle next to my clitoris, non?

My friend Josh says I'm the marrying kind. For him it means he's impressed by my knowledge of James Cagney films, jazz, chess, etc. He doesn't think I'm some pathetic, simpering cow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
katiebelle2882
post May 3 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #2860

Hardcore BUSTie

Also, let me say that i take being called "not the marrying type" as a compliment....ill tell you why.

the traditional "marrying type" of girl (or what any idiotic guy would consider "marrying type") is boring, safe, sort of asexual, motherly (not in a good way), submissive and easy to boss around. not to mention relatively dim and unopinionated. now, do you still take it as an insult?

--------------------

+Quote Post

144 Pages V  « < 141 142 143 144 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 18, 2014 - 03:46 AM