Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Diva Cup versus The Keeper
erinjane
post Jun 30 2006, 08:59 AM
Post #341

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, I cut all of my stem off too. And then I filed the bugger down because it was so uncomfortable. I'm going on three years now and no way I would ever use anything else again.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 30 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #342

i hated teh stick thing on the end too, so i cut it right off. they do recommend that you at least trim it to suit you, but i didn't like any length of it, it poked me. i have been using the cup for a few years now and i'll never go back. i love it.

the boobage is tender this morning, maybe i'll be checking out that new diva cup today or tomorrow. i will report...

+Quote Post
littlelingerie
post Jun 30 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #343

I used to use the Keeper and it was horrible. Like they had specifically come up with something that would twist and turn and jab you. Yuck. I eventually switched to organic cotton balls - $3/bag and the bag will last for months. Love them No poking, no wicking into your panties, and you can use as many or as few as you need.

+Quote Post
lux
post Jun 20 2006, 04:48 AM
Post #344

BUSTie

thanks jasmith for the link. have to try the other folding techniques.

i've been using my mooncup for over a year now and on the dryer days it's great. i don't want to switch back to tampons but the leaking on days 2 and 3 are not that much fun either. i've never had a heavy flow, so i guess i'm just not in generall lacking lubrication or i'm just abnormally big. i don't know. to get to the point: has anyone found it helpfull to switch to a bigger size?

+Quote Post
jasmith
post Jun 20 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #345

For anyone having difficulty, more ways to fold:
http://community.livejournal.com/menstrual_cups/453392.html
This is not my page, found a link to it in another forum.

+Quote Post
taligator
post Jun 19 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #346

Hardcore BUSTie

I still love my DC. I actually started my cycle without it two months ago and had to use a tampon. *shudder* I can't believe I used to use them for the entire cycle. I got home and popped that puppy out and put in my DC and did a sigh of relief. Tampons are evol.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 18 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #347

ok, my girlfriend bought the diva cup and it got *lost* inside her. she actually ended up in a dr's office so he could remove it for her. no idea how that happened but i use the keeper so maybe they're different.
anyhow, she's a bit intimidated so she doesn't want to use it again. so i bought it from her. since it's silicon i can boil it to sterilize it, and since it's clear i can see that it is absolutely clean and such.
i''ve boiled it and taken a pin to the teensy holes round the edge and i'm satisfied that it's as clean as it would be new and i'm going to use it next time i menstruate and report any differences i notice. since few of us have both i think it'll be a good compare as you dare kinda thing.
let you know what i find out chicas.
it's funny to be looking forward to a period eh? strange that...

+Quote Post
miss_jane
post Apr 23 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #348

BUSTie

Hmm, I've been pinching, maybe it needs added twist.

Thanks pepper.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Apr 23 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #349

you have to pinch it to release the suction, you should be doing that before you pull it out at all. pinch, twist, tilt, whatever until you feel it "release" so to speak. improper usage can hurt you, not injure i don't think, just *hurt*. everything down there should feel lovely.

and no, it will not change the dimensions of your vagina. that would be pretty funny.

+Quote Post
miss_jane
post Apr 23 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #350

BUSTie

I've been using my Moon Cup (british version of the diva cup i believe) for a couple of cycles now and I'm still getting pain when I remove it.

I'm fine with the actually getting it mainly out of my vagina, but on the home run as it were, it erm, seems to suck like some kind of mini vaginal vampire on my inner labia and god damn not in a pleasant way!

Is there any way I can stop this happening?

+Quote Post
nereid
post Apr 23 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #351

Hardcore BUSTie

Not at all frogger. If anything, the muscles will get stronger. That's been my experience, anyway.

+Quote Post
frogger
post Apr 23 2006, 09:37 AM
Post #352

HI i got the diva cup and i've been happily using it but im thinking of going back to pads because : im more or less a virgin and i was kind of wondering if anyone thought it would like..stretch me out down there? make me less sensitive or give me a "floopy vagina" cause those are two things i would rather avoid

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 20, 2014 - 11:35 AM