The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Having Problems with our Web Site?
nolito
post Sep 29 2011, 03:07 AM
Post #1

I am new here, but until now I did not see any problems.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Sep 28 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #2

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I sent you a PM, datagirl, but also, the threads archive if they're not active after awhile. To see everything, scroll to the bottom of one of the forums and there's a drop-down menu that says "From: 30 Days"...drop that down and select "Show All".

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
datagirl
post Sep 27 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok a bit more confused...seems I am responding to Girltroubles earlier post. I gotta come here more often cause the lounge has had a lot of changes since the last time I was here. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
datagirl
post Sep 27 2011, 09:57 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi Girltrouble,
I have come here (after a fair while) looking for the exact support that you were talking about in you post.
Where the hell have all the great threads gone?? I am so disappointed as I really need some support right now.

Can anyone shed some light on the fact that there is only one thread topic when I click on an actual thread???

I've been a member here since 2004 (I think) and I have recieved and offered advice when asked to. In fact I couln't have been as courageous as I was when I had an abortion if it weren't for the Busties in here.
Not really all that happy about the new set up, especially since it's 2.05am here in Australia and no one I am close to is awake...

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 11 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #5

Big Fat Bitch

That information, I'm afraid, is ModSquad classified. Simply put, enough that it's not worth posting pointless BS just to get to. We also have a function in place that won't let you start a new thread if you go on a mindless posting rampage to get to the lucky number. As I've said, we've had problems.

Anywho, I'd bet you fifty dollars American that a thread already exists for whatever it is you want to post. Seriously. Please post about your topic in the Community Forum & somebody will point you in the right direction. wink.gif

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
deafgeek
post Mar 11 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #6

Auralposion, good idea....hahahahhah I rememeber the old days at the Ms. Boards when we'd get a bunch of Yah Dudes (dumbass fratboys) posting or the hyperfundie Christians.
How many posts until I can start topics?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 10 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #7

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(deafgeek @ Mar 10 2011, 12:24 AM) *
I can't post new topics, anyone know what is up with that?

Welcome Deafgeek!

What is up with that is that you cannot start a thread because you are a newbie. We have problems with trolls around here, so there is a post limit.

Also, just a 411: The Lounge is a self-moderated board, so it is standard operating procedure for one to go to the Community Forum to submit one's idea for a new thread for vetting by the Community. This is done because we discourage vanity threads/most topics already fit into a pre-existing thread. This solution was reached by the Community as a whole to keep from gumming up the works around here. We all try to work together to keep the clutter to a minimum. One of the nicest things about the Lounge is that you don't have to wade through forty useless threads to find the one you are looking for. So if you have an idea, do drop on by & pitch it. If there's a pre-existing thread (Which there most likely is, you just can't see them all.) or any interest in a new one, we'll let you know!

All in all, it pretty much comes down to "When in doubt, ask a Bustie!". After all, that is what the Community Forum is for!

Again, welcome & have fun!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
deafgeek
post Mar 9 2011, 11:24 PM
Post #8

I can't post new topics, anyone know what is up with that?

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 18 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #9

new highs in personal lows daily!

i've emailed debbie, but have heard nothing. you might want to pm her+mod squad, or email her directly at debbie@bust.com

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
thirteen
post Jul 18 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #10

BUSTie

I, too, am having trouble with the avatar! Decided to change mine last week, but it did not work (even though the picture was the right size) and my old avatar disappeared-- now nothing will show up.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 16 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #11

new highs in personal lows daily!

it's a problem a few people are having.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
pinknails
post Jul 16 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(truthseeker @ Jul 10 2009, 10:10 AM) *
Hi,

Newbie here. Stuck on loading avatar. I emailed admin., no word back. I have adhered to the policy, but still no avatar. sad.gif

Same here. I tried resizing the picture or saving it to a different format. No luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

+Quote Post
truthseeker
post Jul 10 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #13

Hi,

Newbie here. Stuck on loading avatar. I emailed admin., no word back. I have adhered to the policy, but still no avatar. sad.gif

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Feb 20 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

Was hoping to add some more to my post, but I can't see or access it.
I also get a board error message when I try to open threads from the Lounge view instead of going into each category and clicking the conversation there.

--------------------
you cannot erase the reality of me

+Quote Post
vixen_within
post Feb 20 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

Is this the right thread for bringing something to the attention of the Lounge Ladies?

I've been getting board error messages for the past few days. The problem seemed to wear off if I came back in a few hours. But today I've been getting the error messages and a tremendous amount of navigational problems.

When I open threads, they open looking like the lo-fi version of the board, with the first few words in each post going down in tree form, except for the top post which appears in the correct format, but it's always a very early post (like from 2006). In order to read the thread I have to click on each post individually. The post I click on appears right under the 2006 (or whenever) post in the correct format (just to give you an idea of what it looks like.)

When I try to open threads from the "View New Posts" view, I get error messages. When I try to open a thread from the "newest post in thread" link I also get an board error message.

I'm using the worksafe version.

--------------------
you cannot erase the reality of me

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Feb 13 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

i don't have photoshop unfortunately. my computer is a total dinosaur, thanks anyway! maybe there is another program i could download? i'll go poking around and see what i can find.

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Feb 11 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #17

Do you have Photoshop? There's a little sub-program of Photoshop called ImageReady. For some reason, the only way I can get a avatar to work is to shrink it down to size in ImageReady and save it there, then upload it. Don't ask me why it works.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Feb 11 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

is there some trick to condensing a photo for the avatar? it seems no matter what size file i try it is rejected. sad.gif

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jan 27 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #19

No, I noticed that awhile back, too, bunny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 27 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #20

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

*apologies for the double-post*

Am I on a different time plane from everybody else? Imagine my consternation when I noticed that raisingirl had posted at a time that hadn't occurred yet ... (as I am, at least, 5 hours ahead of the majority of the board, that's some feat.) The BUST clock seems to be running about 5-6 mins fast; yesterday it was only about 3 minutes. Is it just me? my mac clock matches both my watch and my phone and all are set to the time of the WORLD CLOCK!

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 19, 2014 - 09:26 PM