Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

20 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Having Problems with our Web Site?
obelix2
post Dec 8 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #121

Hardcore BUSTie

I used to be Obelix, but I can't get in under that name anymore. I've used the password recovery thing, and it sends a new password to my yahoo account, but the new password doesn't work. What's up with that?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Nov 17 2007, 03:10 PM
Post #122

cryostat bitch

Hi....I started a blog and I know I'm REALLY neglectful of it. But, I decided to go in and check it and discovered over 10,000 spam comments. And over 1200 spam trackbacks. Is there a way to mass delete these or do I have to manually do them one by one? Yikes!

Anyway, I know I'm neglectful...I guess I am learning the hard way.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 12 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #123

new highs in personal lows daily!

post moved too.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Nov 7 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #124

Lip Balm Aficionado

post moved

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 6 2007, 07:30 AM
Post #125

(o)(o)

It's getting to the point that we need mods, and I think that all new threads should be approved.

oh, and what's the point of the report a post function if nothing is being done about it? Yah we can ignore the user, but the fact of the matter is that it's still clogging up the boards.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Nov 5 2007, 08:30 PM
Post #126

Lip Balm Aficionado

QUOTE(sixelacat @ Oct 14 2007, 11:22 AM) *
Interestingly, I've been visited by God, Jesus, and The Holy Ghost. God's the only one who leaves comments, though. rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 14 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #127

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

FYI, you can set it up so that rather than being notified by email, you get notified by PM so at least it's not cluttering up your personal email, you just have to deal with it when you come to BUST.

Still EXTREMELY annoying and I really don't see why we should have to put up with this shit.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post Oct 14 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #128

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

I've looked all over and eff'd about with the board and really, there is no way we can keep anyone from attempting to post profile comments. Mine are set up like bunny's, they have to be approved and I get email notification when someone tries to leave me one. I've just been ignoring those emails lately.

Interestingly, I've been visited by God, Jesus, and The Holy Ghost. God's the only one who leaves comments, though. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post
mornington
post Oct 14 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #129

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

is there any way we can turn the comments function off entirely?

He can still comment on my profile even though I've got him on pm-block and ignore. It's just getting ridiculous.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Oct 14 2007, 06:41 AM
Post #130

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I agree with mornington: the constant spamming of bible quote comments is becoming tedious. I have email notification for this reason but it is a waste of our time when we have to continually have to un-approve the comments. DISALLOW comments from newbies to our profiles PLEASE; it's all fine and well having the ignore function and would be good if comments were blocked by our ignored users too but he is continually registering with different profiles so just ban it overall.

I'm with polly in the pointless bloody posts by some trolls/spammers.

Oh, and could we please re-address the issue with newbies being able to start new threads after 10 posts?

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 13 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #131

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

And while we're at it, can we get rid of the very annoying pseudo-troll with the p*rn links as their signature? They just post random posts just so they can get more "airtime" for their nasty links. They have absolutely nothing to contribute here.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
mornington
post Oct 13 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #132

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

gah! please please please can we stop unregistered newbies from posting comments on our profiles! really... it's kindof annoying now. I know you can get rid of him, but the random posting of bible quotes on my profile is, if anything, worse than spam.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Oct 11 2007, 07:12 AM
Post #133

(o)(o)

Vanilla, you go to the "my controls" option which is located at the top of your screen, just over from your user name. from there, on the right hand tool bar options you can scroll down to personal profile and pick your personal avatar.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
VanillaXtraDry
post Oct 8 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #134

BUSTie

i may be retarded but i can't seem to figure out how to change my avatar...i now have a personal photo on my profile, but no idea where the option to add an avatar is??

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Sep 28 2007, 04:51 AM
Post #135

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

any idea why I have -3 New Messages showing on my PM alert? I hadn't exceeded capacity but have since archived messages and still receiving that message. How do I get rid of it?

*cross-posted as not sure where to ask.

ta: ah, have I been sent PMs and they've been deleted before I've read them? tsk tsk.
I see now that the message disappears once I've received more PMs.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
annejumps
post Sep 13 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #136

Bustmail's been down for nearly an hour now. Everyone.net is down as well, so it's probably to do with that, but I didn't know if there was any more information available or what.

ETA: Nevermind, it was an IP routing problem with my service.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 9 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #137

what's up with this... everytime i open this page i have to log in again. i have it set to remember me but it's not. it used to, don't know what's different now but...
anyone?

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Sep 3 2007, 06:57 AM
Post #138

Hardcore BUSTie

Vermilionkiss, you can't on this board for some reason you'll just have to lie about your age.

+Quote Post
vermilionkiss
post Aug 31 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #139

BUSTie

Can anyone tell me how to get my birthday off of my personal profile? I would prefer it to not show... but everytime I edit it, or try to change it, up pops an error message.

+Quote Post
mouse
post Aug 21 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #140

Most Likely Procrastinating

i've been noticing the same thing--that i keep getting "kicked off". i have the site and my browser set to remember me and normally i don't have to log in every time but i keep getting logged off. i'm not quitting my browser or anything. what gives?

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30, 2014 - 09:31 PM