The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> Your Co-Workers
lila_x
post May 12 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #1

Has anyone ever been the victim of bad rumors at work? I just heard bad stuff we're being said about me behind my back by vicious and jealous co-workers. This thing had been going on for quite a while and noone ever told me or even took my defense.

It puts me in a very difficult situation as my boss heard about it. She thinks I'm not a good "team-player" so it's ruining my reputation and my chances of moving to an even better position.

I basically spent 2 days crying non-stop. I just moved in this new town and since my social life is not that crazy yet, i was investing a lot in my work.

The thing is, I love my work and I was trying to do it well and then this gossiping is just ruining everything by making me look like I'm some kind of mean bitch.

I guess I just need some comfort and maybe some people to tell me they went through the same problems,
thanks!
-sad lila

--------------------
lila x[color=#FF0000]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
toasterbottom
post Mar 16 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #2

BUSTie

LOL I apparently drunk posted in this thread in 06 as meetay.

I hate jobs!!! Today was terrible. I work as a security guard and am currently doing parking enforcement for spring training baseball games at a new facility. I was back from break and it was before we were to get busy, so I took a quick smoke break, knowing I would not get another breather for a few hours once people started to leave the game. I hear my name called while in my covert spot, and pop out, seeing no traffic. Asking what the woman needed, I was informed that two cars had passed by. Whatever, big emergency...not. Another female guard who was working a few yards down called over to me about her feet hurting. I told her I would not mind if she sat for a second, and showed her my spot, continuing to direct the traffic. That's when the shit hit the fan... the woman started yelling to me (from about a block away, with at least 20 onlookers) about how she "don't mind you standing in the shade, but you can't be sitting down when we're out here working. (+ten more sentences elaborating on these ideas and something about us making the same amount of money)" The spot where we were needed happened to be in the shade at that hour... not planned (in fact, I took that spot due to the fact that she took my usual spot). We had each sat for maybe two minutes.

Not to mention that throughout the morning the same woman stood talking to another guard in one spot (a no-no), often not visible to cars I was sending her way, causing them to slow down looking for her/him/anyone with a flag, causing traffic jams. She also went to the bathroom at least 5 times during the first part of our shift. I am not trying to be petty, I am just wondering WTF causes this sort of hypocrisy at shitty jobs, and why is there always some asshole who wants to fuck up a good thing? I even tried to trade spots and asked if she wanted to take a break herself. She said she "wanted to get these cars out of here" (there was only foot traffic through to the other side at this time, no one was driving in our lot).

P.S. After our shift, when I grabbed my drinks and flag and went walking in her direction, she made more snide comments. She then proceeded to commence gossiping about the incident to anyone who would listen, getting people to agree with her and basically single me out (the other girl hightailed it out of there, I got stuck waiting for a lift on the next shuttle), laughing about us as if we were stupid and lazy, saying things like "if you don't like this job, move on and make room for someone who will!" and shit. While I stood there. I wasn't silent, but didn't respond to the stuff the others said, just focused on trying to get her to realize how rude she was being. I said things like "There's no excuse for screaming at a fellow employee in front of patrons--or ever." I had to try really hard not to cry. Honestly, I make 7.50 an hour. It is so not worth it to fucking worry about it, because I got a new job and start next week. I wanted to continue working this job through the season, but I don't know if I can deal with that sort o behavior over silly things that really don't affect anyone unless they are neurotic. The end.

P.P.S. The other girl that got attacked happened to be the niece of the owner or something like that, and she filed a complaint. I guess the other lady "got torn a new one" by the boss (his words). I asked not to work with her again. They said they would see what they could do... For some reason, being yelled at publicly doesn't satisfy me... I mean, clearly this woman has no problem with confrontation, so how is that even a punishment? She yelled "See you later, Alligator!" out the window as she left... Am I crazy to think she was being sarcastic? I think she wanted everyone else in the van from the halfway house to look so she could tell them all to hate me... but maybe I'm being paranoid. What would you do?

P.P.P.S. The halfway house people actually make 50 cents more an hour than the security guards... I'm all for helping people in need, but it's just another slap in the face (I have numerous other complaints about other aspects of this job, including being offered drugs at work and being told dirty jokes and hearing about hot women and all sorts of gross stuff).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
lila_x   Your Co-Workers   May 12 2006, 02:28 PM
amywoman   Your Co-Workers   May 12 2006, 08:34 PM
pepper   Your Co-Workers   May 12 2006, 10:58 PM
lila_x   Your Co-Workers   May 13 2006, 08:15 AM
meetay   Your Co-Workers   Jul 4 2006, 02:27 AM
treehugger   [size=3][left]So I've got sort of a "thin...   Jul 28 2006, 04:13 AM
maddy29   that totally sucks. they need to start some kind ...   Jul 28 2006, 12:07 PM
sassygrrl   Fuck. So, I've been at my new job for about tw...   Jul 29 2006, 09:44 PM
hellotampon   My car broke down so the other day I had to call m...   Aug 4 2006, 10:59 AM
jsmith   Alright, this one is a doozy, and this seems to be...   Feb 19 2011, 09:36 AM
genghis cunt   I have to work with a truly repugnant person. I c...   Mar 16 2011, 11:50 AM
auralpoison   UGH. I am pissed because both my mom and J. have ...   Mar 16 2011, 02:22 PM
Joanneyy   I have to work with a truly repugnant person. I c...   Jun 1 2011, 02:01 AM
barbosee   One of the default ringtones iPhone receives a cal...   Apr 9 2011, 12:12 AM
kinkyJen   It really irritates me that the guy co-workers alw...   Apr 29 2011, 09:25 AM
kinkyJen   BTW everyone, I appologize for the spelling errors...   May 7 2011, 07:18 PM
jAmbre   In all, workplaces are breeding grounds for jealou...   May 9 2011, 06:23 AM
kartermichael65   Yes i did encountered the same situation at my wor...   Dec 8 2011, 03:18 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 20, 2014 - 05:16 AM