Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bay Area Busties
taligator
post Mar 30 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

I'd be up for a meetup. It's always nice to meet new peeps! I'm in San Jose and willing to drive pretty much anywhere.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anarch
post Mar 27 2009, 01:27 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm in the North Bay. Would love to meet Busties, can drive (but can't really parallel park & if I do manage it, it's a lucky accident).

Given the stuff I've been posting about lately in the Gross & Letters threads, though, maybe people would prefer to wait to meet me until I'm sure I'm cured? The MD says staph is only contagious through "intimate" contact & it took about 6 weeks of living in the mother-in-law's place before I developed any problems, but I know darned well it's psychologically icky.

Yeah, on second thought, maybe I'll sit on the sidelines until later in the year. Hope y'all have an excellent time. & I hope you do have another meetup later.

+Quote Post
aintnoblackmail
post Mar 25 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #3

hi! i'm new on the forums, but i've been reading ust for quite awhile! anyways, i just moved to san francisco, and would be down to meet a few new people, so let me know if there is a get together!

+Quote Post
flanker_ji
post Mar 24 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey bay area busties, anyone out there interested in doing a meet-up sometime? I'm in the north bay, but I'm willing to drive anywhere in the bay area if need be.

--------------------
"Patience is a virtue, but I don't have the time..."

+Quote Post
taligator
post Aug 27 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

We met in Berkeley at a restaurant that I can't recall the name of now ...

One of the busties drove from Santa Cruz and picked me up and then we drove up there and met up with the others. We walked around and then went back to another Bustie's apartment and kicked around for a bit.

I'm so awful with names that I don't remember any of their names .. bad Tracey! :/

+Quote Post
taligator
post Aug 27 2007, 08:51 AM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

I'd love to get together sometime .. I really enjoyed the last one I went to, which was several years ago now. I'm always looking for new people to meet and spend time with.

Count me in from the South Bay ... but willing to drive. smile.gif

+Quote Post
altargrrrl
post Oct 5 2006, 03:05 AM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

hey flanker ji- are we still on for saturday?

does anyone else want to come?

+Quote Post
flanker_ji
post Sep 24 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

Ah... ya learn something new every day. I didn't know we could resurect threads!

Yes, let's PM next week.

--------------------

+Quote Post
altargrrrl
post Sep 24 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

cool! we should make more specific meetup plans by pm next week. anyone else want to come? if some other place and time would be more convenient for a larger bustie gathering, that would be cool, too.

yeah, resurrecting the thread was quite a feat. i almost just started a new one, but eventually figured it out. you have to use advance search funtions.

+Quote Post
flanker_ji
post Sep 23 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

Altar, I would totally be into that! Any other takers?

Thanks for resurecting the thread, BTW. I thought we didn't have one anymore, and I didn't want to start a new one unless I had something good to post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
altargrrrl
post Sep 23 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

resurrecting the bay area busties thread to see if anyone wants to go to hardly strictly bluegrass festival with me. i was probably going to go on saturday oct. 7th. it's free and in golden gate park. it's in the daytime, so i should be safe going by myself, but it's always more fun to have other people with you at these kinds of things.

+Quote Post
maxine
post Jun 16 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #12

BUSTie

saktii- i do have a car, but i take bart to work. i don't mind the commute-it takes me about 20 min each way, costs $2.95 each way. i work 9-5, so there is pretty much a train every 5 minutes. i guess it really depends on if you live/work near a bart station. the only thing i don't like is if we go out at night in the city- we are sometimes limited (my car needs a lot of work done and i don't like to drive it over the bridge) beacause you have to either catch the last train home,or take a $40 cab ride.

+Quote Post
saktii
post Jun 11 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Maxine--
Do you have a car? How's the commute? I'm seriously thinking of moving out of the city to maybe Berkeley.

--------------------
[font=Comic Sans Ms][b][i]"I found God and all his devils inside her.."[color=#CC0000]

+Quote Post
maxine
post Jun 11 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #14

BUSTie

i agree altargrrrl... i work in san francisco-but i couldn't imagine paying san francisco rents. i'm in between temescel and piedmont, found my place on craigslist last year, it is $850 a month...there are a lot of deals around here.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 11 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #15

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Thanks everyone. I'll pass this stuff on.
altargrrrl - would you mind PM'ing me the phone number of your rental agency? Thanks!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
ilovemyff
post Jun 10 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #16

BUSTie

The San Francisco SPCA has a list of rentals that are pet friendly but they probably won't be cheap. You never know though.

+Quote Post
altargrrrl
post Jun 10 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

sorry ventre, i don't know anything about culinary schools.

kittenb- i live in oakland (in the piedmont ave. area), and really like it. i pay $850 a month for my one bedroom (i share it with my boyfriend), but i locked in that deal almost two years ago, and now apartments in my building are being rented for $975. you can find pretty good deals (700-900 for a one bedroom) in the temescal or lake merrit areas of oakland, which are both cute and have shops and restraunts and stuff, but can be a bit sketchier crime-wise. if she's going to work or go to school in SF, be sure that she asks how close the apartment is to a BART station or transbay bus stop.

there are a lot of cool things to do in SF, but i, personally, wouldn't live there. it's too expensive and crowded and stressful. the eastbay is just urban enough for me, but friendlier and easier to get around.

craigslist can be gold for finding an apartment. you can search by neighborhood and price, and even use cats as a search limiter. i would try there first. hope she finds something!

+Quote Post
saktii
post Jun 9 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

Affordable Bay Area housing and four cats? I hate to sound pessimistic, but there's no such thing as affordable housing here... I have only 2 cats and it's almost impossible to find a decent place that will take them. Oakland would probably be her best bet, i agree.

--------------------
[font=Comic Sans Ms][b][i]"I found God and all his devils inside her.."[color=#CC0000]

+Quote Post
greenbean
post Jun 9 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

Has she looked in Oakland?

--------------------
I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty.--John Waters

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 8 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #20

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Hello Bay Area busties. Can you help with this? I have a dear friend and co-worker moving with her girlfriend and four cats to San Francisco in August. She cannot find housing that is remotely affordable as she will be a graduate student. Can anyone think of an sources she should try? I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 1, 2014 - 02:03 PM