Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Sunday Night Six Show: Six Feet Under -Season 4
sassygrrl
post Jul 30 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #1

sassygrrl

Wow. That's all I can say. I just saw the season finale, and was crying from scene one.... total sobfest. So great.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jul 22 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #2

sassygrrl

Finishing watching Season 4 and the beginning of Season 5 courtesy on Netflix. I've even got my boyfriend hooked on it now. He borrowed the first season from me. I'm getting them from amazon.com used. smile.gif

Glad to see Michael C Hall is doing that show. Now, I wish I had showtime!

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jul 20 2006, 08:22 AM
Post #3

it's cards on the table time

So glad people are still posting to this thread! I watched series 5 in a big lump (during the World Cup while the mister was away) and it was amazing. I know the finale was OTT but I thought it was appropriate even so. Certainly it haunted me for days afterwards.

Peter Krause played an absolute asshole in We Don't Live Here Anymore btw.

*edited (belatedly) to remove spoilers. Sorry!*

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 18 2006, 12:56 PM
Post #4

Big Fat Bitch

Not really SFU, but it sounds interesting nonetheless. Michael C Hall's next gig:

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/60/10660.php

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jun 23 2006, 04:29 AM
Post #5

sassygrrl

Damn. I just re-watched the first season, and plan on watching the second season next week via Netflix. I bought the third season, and plan on buying all of them eventually. I still haven't seen the 4th or 5th seasons, as I didn't have HBO at the time. :-(

Just don't like that insane $90 sticker price! Although, OZ and Carnivale are that price too... I guess HBO thinks they can get away with it.

I so love Jeremy Sisto again...and Peter Krause as usual. I am so Brenda in my current relationship.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jun 9 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #6

sassygrrl

Sweet! I found the third and fourth seasons at my fav indie movie store for $38 used!!! Yahoo! Guess what I'm buying this weekend? :-)

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jun 8 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

(((erinjane))) thinking all good thoughts for gramma.

mermaidgirl, i was acutely aware of the finale being rebroadcast last night. both at 8 pm and 11 pm. but i ... just ... couldn't. *weep*

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Jun 8 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, I remember when I taped it the first time and was watching it a few times over. From that part on I was bawling like a baby. I also love that quote of Nate's so much. I need to get the rest of the seasons bad.

My grandma is in the hospital and on Tuesday it looked like she might die, so at midnight me and my two brothers sat around watching my SFU dvd because it really was comforting. Luckily it looks like she's gonna pull through for now. One of those 'wait and see' things.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
mermaidgirl13
post Jun 8 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

That is a good one, Mando.

I caught the last half hour of the finale last night. It's been a while since I've seen it. That closing sequence is so great. I cry from the time Claire tries to take a picture but Nate tells her "you can't take a picture of this. It's already gone" and then when she looks in the sideview and Nate is jogging but falls back as she drives away... sobfest.

I think this is one of the best shows ever.

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jun 6 2006, 07:29 AM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

i forgot if we were doing spoiler alerts in here, so please skip over this post if you haven't watched the last season:

i wasn't going to watch the last season repeats, but i find myself drawn to them. so frickin sad. nate's funeral last night ripped me to shreds just like it did the first time. yet, it was worth it for my favorite claire line ever:

david (when claire sits down at the service): you could've dressed.
claire: nooooo, i couldn't.
david: we all dressed.
claire: then you all WIN!

i so fucking miss this show. :-(

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
lunasol
post May 29 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

also: i looked lauren ambrose up on imdb and she has two films in post-production and one that she's filming right now. so she's clearly working. yay - i love her!

+Quote Post
lunasol
post May 29 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

at first i was gonna say that she decided to keep the baby, but then i was like "no, that's what happened on sex and the city!" got my HBO shows starting with "s" mixed up! haha.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post May 29 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Steppe, I think it ended up she wasn't actually pregnant. She thought she was then came back a few days later and said she was wrong, that she'd had the same symptoms and just assumed she was without taking a test. Since there agreement was whichever happened first, the pregnancy or adoption, the adoption ended up happening first.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post May 29 2006, 03:51 AM
Post #14

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Rachel Griffiths is filming a new series with Calista Flockhart called "Brothers and Sisters", but you would think that they would have all moved on to other things.

Also, I don't understand why the dvds are so expensive for you all... I'm contemplating buying some (if not all) just now as there's an offer on one site where I can buy each season for £17.99 (approx $35) which is really good although at normal price still cheaper than these crazy prices quoted!

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
steppe_child
post May 29 2006, 01:16 AM
Post #15

BUSTie

Changing subjects again--what happened to the woman that Keith and David got pregnant?

+Quote Post
erinjane
post May 28 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

I agree lunasol. I can't believe that Peter Krause hasn't been in anything else. I think that Michael C. Hall does broadway still though.

I just discovered there's at least 1 episode I haven't seen and that makes me happy. :P

--------------------

+Quote Post
lunasol
post May 28 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

O/T, but do y'all remember when VHS tapes of movies were listed at $90? Like, in the late eighties/early nineties? That's what the SFU prics remind me of.

And to atone for the OT-ness, where the hell are all the actors from this show and why don't they have millions of movies coming out?

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post May 28 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #18

sassygrrl

Yeah, they want like $80 at bestbuy. I'm going to have to find it used somewhere. I plan to eventually get the whole series.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post May 28 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

I ended up getting the set for $60 cause I found it used at a local store. Still a crazy price, but better then $90.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post May 28 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #20

sassygrrl

I plan on starting to buy the seasons as well. I haven't seen them in ages. I'm just waiting for them to go on sale again. I don't know why HBO has such high prices for their DVDs? I didn't see the last two seasons, but indeed to rent them(I didn't have cable for a while).

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 10:53 AM