The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreams - why did I dream of so and so...naked?
jsmith
post Nov 2 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #321

It's Calamity Jenn

Yikes that first part's kind of unnerving... but the last is just funny! That reminds me of this guy I went to HS with. I couldn't decide who he reminded me more of - Beavis or Butthead. LOL

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Nov 2 2006, 10:59 AM
Post #322

Okay, this is majorly strange and disturbing.

I had a dream that I was staying in a big house with a bunch of other people. I don't know if it was for a conference, or what. But when we got to the house we found the dead bodies of 2 young women. We were all scared that the murderer would come back. I was just walking around the whole time getting ready for dinner and listening to music. I was also scared that the murderer would come back. Then, as if this helped, Dr. Calloway (a professor in the counseling program) found the foot of one of the dead women. She just picked it up and said, "Well, this is just wrong. We can't have this lying around!" Then she put it somewhere and I didn't know where. But soon I discovered a strange woman with a cauldron stirring something and eating it. It was the foot! And I could hear her crunching on it and saying that it tasted good! Well, of course I was disturbed by that display. Then I waited around with everyone else, wondering when our time there would be over since I was anxious to get away from the place the murderers had rampaged just a couple of days earlier to kill those 2 women. I would wake up periodically to check on everything and be relieved that there were several people up, talking and watching tv. Then the day finally came when we could leave, about 2 days later. After we returned home, I was looking at a computer print-out with mug shots of the murderers. One of them had short brown hair and the other, impeccably groomed long blond hair with a boyish face. On the next page, there was a comic comparing the 2 murderers to Beavis and Butthead. I looked at the picture of the murderers again, and sure enough, they looked like human versions of Beavis and Butthead except much better looking. I chuckled to myself, then woke up. blink.gif

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Oct 30 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #323

Cool! I wish I had a dream about sticking it to the man like that. Telling Bush what I think.

+Quote Post
mouse
post Oct 30 2006, 07:20 PM
Post #324

Most Likely Procrastinating

i used to have really awesome dreams, like five or six years ago. lately i've been having them again. here's one:

i was walking around a large pond or lake, i kept going around and around--the lake was in the middle of the woods and the path between the edge of the woods and the edge of the lake kept getting smaller and eventually i had to walk IN the lake, half swimming and half walking on some submerged boardwalk or docks. the water was clear but brown and there were lots of brown and yellow and dark colored plants in the water; like a forest lake in the middle of fall would be. i started getting scared because i kept seeing shapes in the water; under the dock at one end of the lake were submerged white shapes that i thought was an octopus. as i kept circling the lake i could see that it definitely was an octopus.

in the middle of the lake there was another darker shape moving; it was a whale, but it stayed in the center. i wasn't afraid of the whale but i was afraid of the octopus, until i realized it wasn't real--it was made of white plastic and just floating, half underwater, and it wasn't really an octopus, it had a large babydoll head with tentacles, but the babydoll head was actually a sailor or pirate head, with sideburns and a beard, and i think maybe a pipe and tattoos. and i feel like there was an old man in the water with me who was telling me not to be scared, it wasn't real. i kept walking around the lake--wading/swimming around the edge--and then it turned into a board-lined hallway where a bunch of people, one of them my mother, were taking handfuls of mud from the lake floor and spreading it on the plywood walls lining the hallway. i started doing that too, and as i was spreading the mud on the wall i felt something tiny and solid in the mud, and when i cleaned it off i saw a tiny pair of black shoes, like barbie doll size, and a tiny pair of gold, jointed arms with tiny hands attached.

then i saw that next to us was george w bush, yes the president. and it felt like maybe we were doing some sort of clean-up relief for katrina, with the water and mud and plywood walls. and i started spreading the mud on bush's face and clothes, all the while yelling about everything i thought he was doing wrong with the country (i don't remember a word of what i was saying, but i remember it was very eloquent and apt). i knew i was going to get in trouble for doing this but i didn't care.

suddenly the dream cut to my family's christmas reunion, and i was panicked because i had just realized at the last minute that i had forgotten to get gifts for anyone, and i was rushing around freaking out and trying to find a solution.....and then i woke up.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Oct 28 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #325

It's Calamity Jenn

That's bizarre! It's funny what your sleeping brain thinks. I'll be waking up and think that I'm some other completely different person. If anybody at all...

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Oct 27 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #326

Last night I had a dream that my husband had an egg that he'd been saving for a long time so he could have children when the right woman came along. Well, he pulled it out for me, and I couldn't believe he'd saved it. I told him he can't keep an egg for that long, that's crazy! Then he accidently broke it and it was all gross and he went to throw it away (this looked exactly like a chicken egg). Then as I began to wake up out of the dream, I thought about where the eggs that we finally have our children with would come from. I knew (in the dream) that people laid eggs, then had the male fertilize them. I was picturing these white chicken-egg looking things coming out of my birth canal. But I was puzzled, I didn't know if the eggs came out of men, or women. Then I woke up and realized, wait a minute. Chickens have those types of eggs, not humans! My sleeping mind was SO sure that humans laid eggs. Bizarre. blink.gif

+Quote Post
anna k
post Oct 27 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #327

Hardcore BUSTie

I dreamed that I was kissing a teenage Kiefer Sutherland who looked like a street kid and was very pale. Strange occurence.

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Oct 26 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #328

It's Calamity Jenn

I doubt it, that isn't the first time I've dreamt of amputating something and putting it back on. Maybe I'm too vain..

--------------------

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Oct 26 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #329

Whoa. That was a very strange dream! I don't know what to say about it except do you think you might feel that you are taking too many risks with beauty remedies? Just a thought.

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Oct 21 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #330

It's Calamity Jenn

I probably do watch/read too many ghost stories, lol laugh.gif
I just remembered a very unsettling dream I had not too long ago:
I was sitting on my bed with a small knife next to me. My laptop was in front of me, and on the screen was a web forum thread talking about a good way to do a scalp/hair treatment (I'm kind of hair obsessed).
I was a little bit hesitant about doing the treatment, although I'd done it twice before without hitch, and with GREAT results. So, there was really no reason to not do it again.
Okay, so I picked up my little knife and dug it into my temple, just below the hairline. I moved along the hairline, moving the knife down to go below my little widow's peak. Once I went all the way around, I peeled my scalp off. I peeled my scalp off! blink.gif I wasn't unnerved in the dream, though. After removing it, I set it on my lap and did the scalp treatment. While it was *steeping* I walked over to the mirror and looked at my white, bloodless skull without flinching. After what seemed like 30 minutes I decided I'd better 'put my hair back on'. It was simple to do that, just plop it back on my head and wait for it to reattach. It didn't want to cooperate this time, though. During the treatment, the skin had somehow stretched... and didn't fit anymore. It kept sliding off my head and landing with a light thud on the ground. Suddenly my brother pops into the room and is like "What the hell??" I replied "It's nothing, chill out." I picked it up off the ground, and the damn thing split in two. *ohshit* I decided never to do this treatment again!
I told my brother to go into my bathroom and look in one of the drawers of the little white doohickey on the counter, and to bring me the blue thread he would find there. If my scalp didn't want to reattach, I'd just sew the bastard back on. He went to the bathroom to look for the thread, and on the tv Chris Cornell was singing live. I thought "Good gawd, he sounds awful singing live!" Isn't it wierd that things that would be horrific in real life don't faze us in dreams?
Okay that one was kinda gross, here's a nicer one:
I was coloring my hair red with box color. For a couple of months I'd been using henna to color my hair (as I do in reality) but wanted to see what I would get with boxed chemical color. After letting it sit on my head for the prescribed time, I washed it out. Well, it didn't take, to say the least. It had also stripped the henna out of my hair. What I was left with was very silvery grey hair. It was PRETTY. But I was shocked that my hair had gone grey so fast (especially being only 19). I couldn't decide if I would henna my hair again, or leave it that lovely silvery color.

--------------------

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Oct 21 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #331

Jsmith, that's really creepy. Did you by any chance watch too many Unsolved Mysteries ghost stories (just kidding) wink.gif

The one about the Red Cross was hilarious. Way to go with the dreaming! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Oct 14 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #332

It's Calamity Jenn

Early this morning I dreamt that I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep. My stereo (which is normally directly across from the bed) was beside me on the bedside table. I heard a button being pressed, and realized that someone had hit the rewind button on one of the tape decks. The sound it made was kind of annoying, so I got up and hit the stop button. It didn't occur to me yet to be freaked out by the fact that some invisible entity was in my room messing with stuff. When I laid back down and closed my eyes, something hit the rewind button again. I got up and cut the power to the stereo. I laid back down again, and something hit the rewind button. I got up and yanked the tape out of it's deck, this time a little unsettled that something was there. When I laid back down, a tape was promptly inserted into the deck, and the bastard hit the rewind button again. This time I just got up and got the hell out of the room.
Later in the morning I dreamt that my aunt was taking me to class, and I was going to be late. I told her "Just drop me of in the Academic parking lot" (reality). She did, and I walked up to the building and saw a door that I'd never noticed before. I opened it, and saw a passage that one would expect to see in a castle: stone walls, ornate wooden doors, and brackets containing torches. Classes in this passageway were letting out, and I realized that I had the choice to A) Go on to class and take my test, or B)Forget the test, and explore this newly discovered portion of the Academic Building. I chose B.
I walked down the hallway and came to a long, spiraling stairway. I started climbing, but started to regret it after a while. It was LONG. Just when I thought it was never going to end, I arrived at the top of the staircase. I was suddenly standing in a HUGE lecture hall. It looked like a really, really, really big theater. The walls had shelves which were crammed with what looked like various medical experiments, and an instructor was standing at the front of the lecture hall talking about medical procedure. There was a guy sitting down the row from me (I found myself sitting down at that moment) carving a bloody cross into his hand. Not a religious cross, but one that had limbs (I guess that's what you'd call them) all the same length. That was the end of the dream. When I was thinking about it later, it occured to me: medical stuff... RED CROSS! Bahahahahaha!

--------------------

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Oct 14 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #333

Had some more doozies lately.

One was a couple of nights ago. I had flown over to visit a country and had just arrived at the building I was supposed to be staying at (of course, I have no idea why I was there). I found out pretty quick that I was in a war zone. I panicked and asked this old guy if he could buy me a plane ticket back home (I was using my having forgotten my toothbrush as an excuse, no idea why). But I really wanted to fly home so I wouldn't die. The old man told me that he could get me on a plane the very next day. Well, it was the next day, and I couldn't find the old man. By now, I was terrified. A soldier had told me they were going to start bombing soon. I freaked out and as I saw a tank coming for us and some bombs coming down from the sky, I hid out in a closet with a bunch of people. I was so terrified, thinking I was for sure going to die. Then I thought about how frustrating it was that people waged these wars all the time. if they didn't, than we would never have to worry about this crap! Then I woke up.

Yesterday when I took a nap, I had another dream. I was with my husband and we were in my advisor's office (we are in totally different professions, so I had no idea what my husband was doing there). But then we decided to go home, said goodbye to my advisor and left. We got outside and there was a huge outdoor pool right outside of the class building (which there definately is NOT in real life, of course). I got all excited and was ready to swim in it, but then I realized it was too cold. The pool was amazingly huge like the adult pools in this place my grandma used to take me to when I was little. So we decided we would look at indoor pools and see if we could swim there. All the pools we found were either outdoors or they were completely empty and noone was allowed to swim in them. Then we went to Oasis hot tubs and all the pools were different colors (you could find a pink tub, a green tub, and so on). We didn't get to go in there, either. I woke up.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Oct 9 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #334

brown delicious

in addition to vanity...teeth falling out is a sign of anxiety or some emotional distress...

i would have dreams of my teeth falling out when i felt things were out of my control.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Oct 9 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #335

Hardcore BUSTie

I've had a couple teeth falling out dreams.....they freaked me out.

Last night I had a dream I was pregnant and my husband was extremely mad at me b/c we don't wan't children. So I had the baby, but it turned out to be a puppy that looked like a mix between our hound and another dog that we have. We were really relieved that we didn't have to raise a baby, but my hubby was upset that the dog didn't look like him. And I became obsessed with the fact that I got huge tiger striped-like stretch marks all across my belly. I kept thinking I wouldn't be able to handle looking at myself and seeing them........

I am a wierdo......

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Oct 9 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #336

It's Calamity Jenn

Hm, a subconscious fear of getting old.. seems to go along with the idea that teeth falling out in a dream have to do with vanity. I must admit that I DO NOT want get old. And I am just a little bit vain (a little).
What do y'all think it means if you dream about malls a lot? I don't like malls. Actually I kind of hate them. But every once in a while I dream that I'm in a mall, and it's close to closing time so it isn't crowded. I'm searching through all the stores at break-neck speed trying to find something I simply can't live without. Never find the thing, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Oct 9 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #337

I had some strange ones again.

The first half of the dream, I was in a sexuality class, except taught by my diagnosis professor. Willow from Buffy the vampire slayer was in the class. We were all supposed to do a reading and then draw a picture of a penis. I saw Willow's picture and it was of a vagina. Of course, I thought it must be just an odd-looking penis (my subconcious mind can be a bit dense). I looked at Willow and she had this cute little satisfied smile on her face (Buffy fans will understand the vagina thing).

Ummm...forgot the other dream. Have to get back to you on that one.

+Quote Post
thepointybird
post Oct 9 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #338

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jsmith @ Oct 6 2006, 07:07 PM) *

Ooo, that first was sounded interesting!
I've had many dreams about loose teeth. They pretty much always come out, and are definitely visible. I remember an especially horrifying tooth dream: I was probably 11 or 12 in the dream, and my mouth was absolutely full of these skinny, long, bunched up rows of teeth. I thought "So much for those damned braces" and grabbed a pair of pliers.................... and started pulling out all these teeth. They came out easy, but my gums got stretched out REALLY bad. I remember looking in the mirror and looking closely at my gums, they looked like stalactites. I took comfort in the thought that my adult teeth would grow in normally, and not so numerous.

Jsmith, I read somewhere years ago that apparently if you dream about your teeth falling out, it means you have a subconcious fear of getting old. Bizarre!

The other night I dreamt that the steps of the stoop in front of my flat were covered in a weird, thin pleather-type material, which I decided to remove, much to the chagrin of my landlord. Very odd.

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Oct 6 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #339

It's Calamity Jenn

Ooo, that first was sounded interesting!
I've had many dreams about loose teeth. They pretty much always come out, and are definitely visible. I remember an especially horrifying tooth dream: I was probably 11 or 12 in the dream, and my mouth was absolutely full of these skinny, long, bunched up rows of teeth. I thought "So much for those damned braces" and grabbed a pair of pliers.................... and started pulling out all these teeth. They came out easy, but my gums got stretched out REALLY bad. I remember looking in the mirror and looking closely at my gums, they looked like stalactites. I took comfort in the thought that my adult teeth would grow in normally, and not so numerous.

--------------------

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Oct 6 2006, 11:12 AM
Post #340

Okay, I've been having some seriously wierd ones lately.

The night before last, I dreamt that my parents moved us to the desert in Egypt (I have no idea why I was living with my parents in my dream). We were living in a house over by the pyramids and the Nile river. I was terrified, because there was this huge wind storm coming and I could not believe that they moved us to the desert. I could not see the pyramids, but I did see this huge ruin that sort of looked like the Taj Mahal except seriously in ruin. I could see that ruin right in front of the big picture window. I was so terrified.

I remember that quite awhile back, I was trying to swim in the Nile and there were alligators and I somehow miraculously was able to get away from them.

Last night, I dreamt that I lost a tooth and it was a tooth that was visible. I noticed it was a little loose, so I wiggled it harder and harder thinking that it wouldn't come out, but I felt it with my tongue and realized that it did. I remember thinking oh my god, I'm going to look like a hick with a tooth missing. I told my husband and then looked in the mirror and smiled. To my horror, I could see the gap when I smiled. blink.gif

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 27, 2014 - 03:21 AM