The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

27 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> iud reviews?
redding
post May 9 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #501

Aleve and the heating pad are definitely my friends. Thanks raskel... it sounds bearable.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
raskel
post May 9 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #502

Hardcore BUSTie

Redding, Aleve is the only thing that helped my cramps. Also, those playex heat patches work surprisingly well. They were on and off for the first week, then only during ovulation/my period.

+Quote Post
redding
post May 8 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #503

Ouch, Obelix! Were those excruciating cramps off and on throughout the month, or just around your period? Not constant excruciating cramps, right? Did ibuprofen help? I'm glad to hear it gets better, though. Sounds kinda scary, but I think it'll be worth it. I had the same problems with depression and the pill, so I'm looking forward to going nonhormonal. Thanks for the info.

+Quote Post
raskel
post May 8 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #504

Hardcore BUSTie

I got the copper IUD in January, I'm back to normal now. I just started my period 10 minutes ago, go figure...but right on schedule. I have light cramping with it still, but that's it. I'm glad I went with the Paragard.

+Quote Post
obelix
post May 8 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #505

Hardcore BUSTie

Redding-
I had bad cramps before my IUD, and I went for the copper for the same reason as you. I went into a deep depression on a low-dose pill, so I couldn't use the Mirena. I want no extra hormones in my body at all.

My cramps were excruciating the first month, but they've gotten less and less so every month. Now, a year later, I'm pretty much right where I was before I got the IUD.

+Quote Post
redding
post May 8 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #506

Vera, my doctor said she bled and spotted for three months straight when she got her Mirena IUD, so your 49 days isn't as bad as it could've been! I'd prefer Paragard because I just don't want the hormones, and I really don't mind having a period every month.

+Quote Post
vera
post May 8 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #507

BUSTie

I got the Mirena, it is good for five yrs. and 20-40% of women don't have periods at all. The ten yr. one causes heavier periods. I wore a tampon the same day. I've finally stopped spotting after 49 days. Yahoo, hopefully I'll be in the percentage that doesn't even have a period!!!

+Quote Post
redding
post May 8 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #508

Hello all,
I’ve just gone off the pill after 6 years, and I’m considering the Paragard IUD because I want to be hormone free. I’ve already had the consultation appointment and am all clear to get it, but I’m still thinking. I’ve read all your incredibly helpful posts and from what I’ve gathered, while it affects everyone differently during and after insertion, it seems that the cramps and bleeding/spotting diminish month by month. So, your period eventually gets back to close to normal, but a bit heavier and a bit crampier, right? It does become more bearable as the months go by, eventually to where you forget it’s there and you’re not having cramps or spotting all the time? In short: This isn’t going to be a 10-year crampy period is it? I had bad cramps before I started the pill, so I wonder if the cramps will become horrendous after I get the IUD. Anyone with bad cramps prior to IUD use have an opinion on that? Thanks!

+Quote Post
raskel
post May 8 2006, 09:31 AM
Post #509

Hardcore BUSTie

maddy, you're just not supposed to use them because of infection, so just make sure you change often and go ahead with the tampons. that would be my advice.

+Quote Post
maddy29
post May 8 2006, 08:14 AM
Post #510

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh how weird, that everyone heard something different. I looked on the Mirena website, and all it said was a FAQ that said you can still wear tampons with the Mirena. But, it didn't say for how long you need to wait. Ah well, thanks for the responses!

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post May 8 2006, 06:49 AM
Post #511

Hardcore BUSTie

my drs told me NOTHING. hell, the nurse asked me if I needed a pad once it was inserted and I told her I was good, and put a tampon in there at the hospital!
damn! they're 0-2 on not telling me shit.
guess it was still ok though bc aside from the never-ending periods it's worked out.

maddy, glad your insertion went so well :-)

vera,
I totally sympathise and wish I knew what else to tell you except really & trully, I'm w/ ya in frustration.

over-all from this board... I think we are really a mixed bag of pro's/con's, but as there are no better options for non-chemi-girls still, I do believe it's a good choice and would have still made the same choice to get mine. only I'd have been a LOT smarter about doping beforehand etc etc

--------------------
I am a *spark* in this world; get lit.

+Quote Post
raskel
post May 6 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #512

Hardcore BUSTie

hmm, so...I wore pads for 2+ months for nothing??? damn...

+Quote Post
wrightwrongs
post May 6 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #513

My doctor told me 48 hours.

+Quote Post
obelix
post May 6 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #514

Hardcore BUSTie

Oops. I got mine during my period in April, and wore tampons during my next period. I don't know if I was told to wait.

+Quote Post
raskel
post May 6 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #515

Hardcore BUSTie

I got mine in the beginning of January and I didnt use them until March. I was told "a few months" by my doctor.

+Quote Post
maddy29
post May 6 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #516

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey, does anyone know how soon I can start using tampons? I got my iud on April 19, do you think it's ok? I'm going to assume it is....but if anyone knows it's not, let me know! Thanks:-)

+Quote Post
maddy29
post May 3 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #517

Hardcore BUSTie

Ahhh, ok. I thought you were saying you were taking it out. Now that you've gone through the worst part, hopefully you can just relax for 5 years:-)

I'm randomly spotting again-I guess that's normal for awhile...

+Quote Post
vera
post May 2 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #518

BUSTie

NO, I am NOT removing it!!! Hell No (haha). I went for my ultra today so they could see that it was there and of course it is. I am looking forward to years of not worrying. When the time comes they'll put me to sleep to remove it and I'll have another one put in at the same time.

+Quote Post
maddy29
post May 2 2006, 07:43 AM
Post #519

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow Vera, this has been such a rotten experience for you. So you are definitely getting it removed? I can't believe it took them an hour to get it in there!!

+Quote Post
vera
post May 1 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #520

BUSTie

34 days and still bleeding. Went for my 30 day check and the strings HAVE disappeared. I'm scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure it's still in there (HAHA). It took two of them almost an hour to shove it in (hurt like a mother) and that thing didn't fall out. She tells me that it doesn't matter that it went in. No problem and has assured me upon removal she'll put me to sleep (Thank God). That string did feel like a wire and I'm glad I've swallowed it. It bugged the crap out of me and had my husband frigid. I can certainly do without it. I kept feeling of it is probably why it went in if anyone else is interested.

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 25, 2014 - 02:16 AM