Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

27 Pages V  « < 25 26 27  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> iud reviews?
raskel
post Apr 29 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #521

Hardcore BUSTie

i think the strings are like...fishing line. mine have kind of pushed around the side of my cervix, so they seem to be more out of the way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
obelix
post Apr 28 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #522

Hardcore BUSTie

That's the way my string feels, freckle. It's more like wire than "string". Maybe the doc could trim it a little shorter? Or since it's so firm, maybe it could be crimped to point the other way?

+Quote Post
freckleface2727
post Apr 28 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #523

Hardcore BUSTie

felt the string finally, yes, after all this time. I'm horrible and awful & LAZY & as long as the mr said he felt it I figured it was still there.
shame Shame on me!
but my ? here is now... and I don't mean to sound stoopid but is it still supposed to be sharp & hard feeling? I mean, I Know it's plastic but when the Dr said it would 'soften' I guess I thought literally?

am still in debate of removing it or not as the last time the mr & I did it we had to change positions bc the string was poking him and again, if that's the case (bc for Me it was goood, tmi!)what's the point?

but after going over more of the same birth control research info again for the umpteenth time, don't see a better alternative and when I brought up the Snip to the mr he looked *horrified* that'd I'd even say the words aloud.

gah.
but it's ok for ME to *B*L*E*E*D* for 16 days each month?

--------------------
I am a *spark* in this world; get lit.

+Quote Post
raskel
post Apr 26 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #524

Hardcore BUSTie

despite the iud, if my period is 5 minutes late mr. raskel and i still sit there going "is there blood yet? anything? boobs are a little bigger...should be coming. better check again." but, so far so good. plenty of non-baby inducing sex.

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Apr 26 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #525

Hardcore BUSTie

Obelix-I know! Ever since the pain went away I've been like ahhh, give me some booty!!!! I feel so free and awesome! I think the only issue with multiple partners is just that the chances are higher you'll get a disease-but again, if you've done the testing, i don't see a problem.

me and my boy are both nervous about doing it, so i'm sure it'll be a kind of funny scene. hopefully everything will go well and it won't like, fall out or something.

+Quote Post
obelix
post Apr 26 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #526

Hardcore BUSTie

Good luck, maddy! Just take it slow, and stop if anything feels funny. (but you knew that, didn't you?) And I think somebody mentioned this below, but watch out- there's a chance that an orgasm could cause cramps. Since I got my IUD, I sometimes get a cramp (only on the left side) when I orgasm, but it only lasts a minute or so.

Vera- has your doc given you any advice?

I know that the IUD is recommended for women with a single sexual partner, but I'm about to become sexually involved with #3 since I got the IUD. We both recently had the whole battery of tests, and we're clean. I'm not sure if I even have a question; I'm just a little concerned, like I'm breaking the rules.

But I can't get pregnant! Dude, that totally makes me want to have sex!

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Apr 26 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #527

Hardcore BUSTie

wow vera, yours has been a really rough ride! I hope the bleeding stops soon, that is really not fun at all.

i'm gonna take mine for a test drive tonight-me and the boy are both kinda nervous.

+Quote Post
vera
post Apr 26 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #528

BUSTie

It's been 29 days and still bleeding. At first it was spotting and then a period. I thought the string had gone inside but feel it now. The cramps came and went for the first couple of weeks. I'll just be so happy to quit seeing red.

+Quote Post
raskel
post Apr 25 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #529

Hardcore BUSTie

I would have a few days-a week where I would be okay in the first couple of months. But now I'm back to normal. My periods last a little longer than they did pre-iud, and are heavier. Other than that, I tend to forget it's even there.

Glad you're having good luck with it maddy!

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Apr 25 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #530

Hardcore BUSTie

bump-for me:-)

It's been 6 days, and I'm not bleeding anymore (not for a few days) and I don't have any cramps or anything. I can't even tell it's in there, and I don't feel anything different at all. I thought it'd be painful for a while.

for people who have an iud- did you go in and out of bleeding/cramping for those first 2 months, or was it consistent? i'm just curious.

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 25 26 27
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 18, 2014 - 05:26 AM