The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> Kvetch Up
sidecar
post Apr 24 2006, 09:31 AM
Post #1

Queen of the underground

happy birthday rose!
((dusty)) that dvd sounds like an awesome gift.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dusty
post Apr 24 2006, 07:51 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy Birthday, Rose!!!

Belated birthday greetings to Surly and Chat!!!

Tallgirl said 'dusty' in her lj, hee.

I think waterstains in NOLA should be a badge of honour.

O.M.G. (((Antiotter)))

On the weekend I got to watch the DVD Mr. Dusty gave me for my b'day. How blessed am I that someone filmed a movie, completely on location, in the city where I went to high school (a city that would unrecognizable if I went back today) with most of my friends as extras? Such a snapshot.

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Apr 24 2006, 07:14 AM
Post #3

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

Happy Birthday Roseviolet!!!!

Yes, hon. That would be the IHOP now known as purgatory.

I can't believe I am actually glad it is monday and the weekend is over and I am back at work! Things are looking better. I think I have a handle on my cold. My face is claering up. Mr. P's parents are coming home today. They will fly back to Iowa for the actual funeral,but they have put the old lady on a morphine drip and they decided they didn't want to just sit around and wait for her to die. The good news is she came out of her comma long enough for them to say thier good-byes.
Now if I can just avoid any calls of the legal kind today, everything will be back to normal.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
amilita
post Apr 24 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #4

Me-yow!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSEVIOLET!

I'll be back to post more later, but for now send some vibes for the whole newspaper story on our house, please! They are coming early this afternoon...I cleaned real good yesterday, but I'm still nervous about the walls having waterstains and various art needing to be hung or moved!

+Quote Post
tallgirl
post Apr 24 2006, 06:16 AM
Post #5

BUSTie

Thanks, ((((everyone)))), for the house vibes. Unfortunately, (unless something miraculous happens, always a possibility) it appears our purchase was never meant to be. The "final" appraisal was received late Friday, and as feared, it was $15,000 under contract price. We received word yesterday evening that the seller's realtor says she has some additional information that the appraiser didn't include - like the fact that the sellers still owe more on the house than the appraisal number - but I don't know that it will make enough of an impact to make the appraiser change his total. I can pretty much guarantee his response will be "It's not my problem you let yourself get upside down on your mortgage." It's just how the market works. As a result, the odds of this getting resolved in such a way that we still get the house have become very very small. But thanks anyway for the vibes and good wishes, and who knows? Bigger miracles have happened before - I just don't think I'm gonna hold my breath for this one.

((((YOU!!))))

--------------------
One day... one day there will be peace in my heart, order in my head, and simple silence all around. I just hope I live to see it.

+Quote Post
txplumwine
post Apr 23 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

{{{{everybody}}}} Sorry some are having such a rough time...but glad to see you all!

I am just back from TallGirlLand and my *first* trip of the season to the Ren Faire Up There. The weekend was bookended by some minor comedies of error...including finding that some "period" clothing I'd ordered was sub-par and unwearable, and having a bad headache that morning.

Things did, however, improve drastically...as noted here, in a public LJ post. I have the sinking feeling that the subject of said post will catch wind of it somehow...but if I cared, I guess I wouldn't have posted it!

A note: Mandi, I'm so giggly right now I think I may have out-fanned you. :-)

*kisses to all...because she apparently has some to spare*

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Apr 23 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #7

Pacifism kicks ass!

Me tipsy. Which means I have to post in here, yes? :-)

Pixie, are you talking about the place by the Lowe's? Just last Sunday my dad and I were talking about that place and wondering when t would open. You two should have just gone to the Sonic around the corner. M<mmm..... Soooooniiiiiccccc ...

Yay for puppies! And relaxing weekends!

Lively, please give PJ a big hug from all of his sisters at Bust.

I know I'm missing people. But Sheff and I just split a bottle of wine at dinner and I am soooooooo fucked up right noiw! So forgive me, my darlings.

Good news! About the house, I mean. Today we met the daughter of the owner of te house we want to rent. I guess she was checking to see that we're cool and can be trusted and all that. Well, it went great! In fact, I thought this gal was super cool. she could SO be a Bustie! She's a painter and she has a nose ring and I felt ultra comfortable around her. So we got along very well and met some neighbors and got along with them great, too (Cool neighbors! Woo hoo!). So we filled out a contract which will be faxed to the owner & the owner will call our references (former landlords & Shef''s employer) on Monday. And based on that info, she';ll let us know if the house is ours. But it is SOOOOOO ours, babies! I can feel it! Woo hoo!!!!!

By the by, tomorrow (Monday) is my birthday! I think I will go down to the cafe/gelato place with my laptop. Sounds like a lovely, relaxing way to celebrate.

Right now, though, I'm too tipsy. So I think I'll lay down and watch the ceiling spin. Wee!
}

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Apr 23 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #8

We decided to go to IHOP for dinner, first mistake. But it was brand new and we decided to go there cause it is pretty close to the house, and who can really mess up eggs and pancakes, right? Argh! 50 minutes after our order was placed we walked out because everyone around us had gotten food and the manager just kept standing there with his back to us as this pimply faced kid who looked like he was gonna wet himself kept telling us he didn't know what was taking our food so long. Mr. P is so mad he won't eat now. It's like a principle thing or something. I can't belive 50 minutes and teh manager couldn't be bothered to even com eover and apologize. We told everyone out in the parking lot not to eat there.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Apr 23 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Queen of the underground

Our best friends got a pug puppy this weekend! We went to see her today, and she is beyond cute. Martini took our doggie over to see her today and the pug was a little scared, but warmed up to her by the end of the visit. We are watching her next weekend because they had a trip planned when they thought they wouldn't get her, so we're curious to see if the dogs get along well.

We also went to Trader Joe's and the fruit market, and stocked up. I now have a full wine rack, lots of free range meat, fresh fruit and veggies, and toilet paper. I will be making pizza with fresh dough tonight!

We went to a birthday party Friday, then yesterday Best Pal C came over and we got manicures. Last night, Martini and I saw "Brick," which is an amazing noir film set in a high school (fans of Dashiell Hamett and/or Veronica Mars should check this one out) and went out for Mexican with some friends we ran into at the theater. It's been a great weekend...very relaxing, and just what I need!

((((((everybustie)))))))) i'm cheating too. hope you all are doing well!

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Apr 23 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #10

We had a little Pina Colada time while minipixie napped. All is calm and much less stressful at the moment. Thank you all for letting me vent in here.
I have to cheat too because I got pina colada brain(((every bustie)))

--------------------

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 23 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #11

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

((((pixie)))) plenty of stress-free vibage, wedding vibage, health vibage and love
(((bunny))) much boo! for friends who try to bring you down
(((mando))) just 'cos she does not sucketh at all
woo! lively and her drunken posting - highly entertaining and comprehensible.
yay! for antiotter not getting shot (and being a minor internet celebrity)
***house vibes for mando & tallgirl & rv & anyone else***
(((damona)))
(((crassy))) 'cos I just realised I missed her out
***relaxing vibes for sonik***
((((much love to everyone who needs it, and even those who don't))))

not much to report here... slacked off, ate waaaaaay to much ice cream (if it is indeed possible to eat too much phish food) while watching supersize me, which may not have been such a good idea as I now feel distinctly lardy. Made plans to pick Daphne up from the boarding place - I'm back early & H isn't back either so she's a little in-between. I want to buy her treats and make a huuuuuge fuss.

oh, I spoke to my mama today - she's back from thailand in about a week & I haven't seen her since october. We had one of those discussions where I had to stop & think "now which one of us is the mother?". While I'm very very glad she's found herself a nice man, how come she told me off for moaning about i[my] boy, but I have to listen when she moans about hers?

I've finished with the sheep for now - it's cows or piggies next. I'm off to put pictures of two of the lambkins on my myspace (now I haven't been near a sheep for two days I'm starting to miss the silly things). Oh, and stare at my phone going "text me now with a bloody good excuse for dissappearing off the face of the earth just when I'd decided you were a Nice Boy".

+Quote Post
damona
post Apr 23 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #12

can i go to bed now?

hey hey, whaddya know? i'm BUSTing on a sunday!!!!

((((((((((((((((pixiedust))))))))))))))) and (((((((((((( mr p's family ))))))))))))))))

mornington!!! nice to see you back around! are you done with fondling sheep for awhile now?

(((((rosev)))))) you are so sweet. and good luck with the house! (ETA: you have inspired me with your tale of cutting your hair for locks of love. my own hair is so long i sit on it if i don't pay attention, and i've been thinking about cutting it. i think i will do the same thing you did!)

our housing sitch sucks. i checked the paper this week and there is nothing that has 3 or more bedrooms and that is $800/month or less. i know i know... it sounds like i am asking for a miracle, but up here, in the back of beyond, it's not all that impossible. it just is right now. like, since i've been looking.... grrr...

since myself and the mr, and all the kids have been sick on and off for weeks, i decided thart i was going to strip all the beds, not just sheets and pillowcases but the waterproof sheets and matress pads and comforters and everything and take it all to the laudromat for some heavy duty cleaning. $30 later... ye gods, i couldn't believe how much they charge for the damn washers! $4.50 a load!!! i was there for 3 hours too. BUT it's all done now and it was so nice to have everything nice and fresh! i also tossed the kids pillows and got new ones. i'm so glad we got our tax refund and i could do these things!

todays project... (well, once i get my ass home and off the computer...) take down the screens in my kids' rooms and repair them. my little genius Z decided that he wanted to talk to the neighbor kids while he was supposed to be napping yesterday, and tore a hole in the screen so that he could stick his head out and talk to them! there were holes in 3 of the 4 screens anyway, but really... kids... oy.

i know this is cheating but ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((every single kvetchie))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
sonik
post Apr 23 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

((((((((RoseV))))))) Good luck with the house, i hope it's going to be yours and Mr. Shef's!

(((((Pixiedust)))))))Feel better soon and lots of luck with the planning for your wedding. (and yay for that grill!) I can imagine the stress you're under, it'll turn out ok in the end, promise!
((((((((((Mr. P's step-grandmother))))))))))

Sofar i've had a party at firday, the surprise party Saturday, i visited my parents today so that leaves tomorrow for the training and Tuesday for working in the store. After that i can work on my 2 drawings again, which really need finishing. I hope no one calls me for assignments! Because i really need to find some relax-time too.

Ptoo on your friend , Bunny. As depressed as s/he may be, this is not the way. And how does anyone know how your relationship will work out besides you and your bf? ((((((((Bunny and Bf))))))))). Good for you by not letting your friend's comments get to you.
And i demand pics of that hairdo of yours:-)

*waves at Mornington*

Happy to see Chat and Faith back!

--------------------
"Oh, The Constitution--that pesky thing."

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Apr 23 2006, 01:54 PM
Post #14

20 zillion shoe stores, 2 breakdowns, and 1 spanking for minipixie later and we have shoes!
I am doing better with the cold. If I have to, I will go to the doc for drugs now that I have insurance. I think the stress just got my immune system down. I think I am losing bridal stress weight now. Suddenly things are fitting that weren't before(and now my dress is a tad big)
I made a scarey realization today. Mr. Pixie and I are both shoe whores! He got really bummed and pissy at the first shoe store because he really wanted some shoes we could not afford. We ended up HAVING to go to a final shoe store(after I got the wedding shoes) because they were having a buy 1, get one 1/2 price sale and he just HAD to have some retail therapy to perk him up. It wasn't too bad though. I found a cute pair of Keds for $5 that I can wear when we go hiking through the jungle on our cruise. We even got minipixie a piar of shoes. All in all $75 for 4 pairs of shoes, not too bad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
livelyupurself
post Apr 23 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy lazy Sunday lovelies!

~~~super belated b-day wishes to surly~~~

(((((pixie)))) ~~~smooth wedding prep, anti-stress & icky cold be gone vibage your way hon~~~

(((bunny))) well some people feel the need to project their own misery, so pay her no mind. LDR's are not all doomed, some are more rock solid than conventional ones. have I told you lately what a sweetie pie you are? really, cause you just are!

~~~job vibes for polly~~~

~~~house vibes for TG, Rose & Mandi~~~

WB ((((mornington)))) we've meeced you oodles 'round here!

((((damona)))) I second what Rose said, ~~~lots of love, R & R and continued strength vibes your way~~~

Awwww ((((mando mah'dear)))) I would be honored to party with ya. If I make it out your way, I will definetly be looking forward to hangin' out with you, even if it was just for a cuppa' joe. Who knows, it just may happen someday soon... I did enter a contest for tix to see Dave at Randall's Island. Maybe what I need now is some win those tix vibes, hee hee :-)

((((faith, fina, miri, designer, dusty, sonik, plummie, crassy, tes, lys, sidecar, vesica, sapphy, rasin, tyger, syb, KMP, antiotter & everyone I missed))))

I am actually impressed with the drunk post myself, I thought for sure it would be far worse, hee :-). Yeah the party was very cool. I had a really good time and the bride really liked all of her gifts, and even called me yesterday to say that the picture was such a great idea.

I am off to my other "neice's" 16th b-day party. I feel so old, I was her preschool teacher! I am so glad to be included in her family and that I am not entirely too lame for her to want to hang out with just yet.

Last, but not least I would like some vibes myself. I need a job NOW. I am beyond broke and havent had any job luck yet. Please send me out some uber strong bustie vibage, cause I really need it. The manager here has decided I have to pay an additional $300 pet deposit now, some new rule that I managed to slip past but he caught it :-(

Also, PJ & Jer have decided they should take it slow and just be "friends" for now. They both seem okay about it, but I am saaaad. They were just the cutest couple, I tell ya. Oh well, it's probably for the best but I can't help but get a little misty eyed.

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Apr 23 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #16

*~*~*draggiong self in*~*~*~
After telling muyself for three days that it was allergies I have admitted defeat and faced the fact that I have a cold. I spent most of yesterday in bed and I feel somewhat human again. We got SIL fitted for the dress. My dress is completely finished now. Mr. P's parents assured him that no matter what, they would be back before Saturday.
Now I don't want to bring any negative Karma on myself...it seems to have hit by the truckload the last few days. But woman dying(I guess she is technically Mr. P's step grandmother, but he has never met her)had a massive stroke and has been in a comma since Friday. She has a DNR which states that they can't put in a feeding tube which she needs to live at this pount, so basically they are waiting for her to starve to death, much like Terry Shivo. I am hoping the family will be spared that and that she will have another stroke/heart attack or something and die as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Today I think I am off to buy wedding shoes. I bought wedding shoes several months ago, but somehow in moving and everything one has vanished. And by vanished i mean mr. Pixie and I have gone through all closets and the attic and anywhere imaginable that the missing shoe could be. My dress is dependant on having extreamly high heeled shoes or it will need another round of altering to make it shorter for me to walk in. My mom has threatened me that I need to go buy platform shoes if necessary, she isn't touching the dress again!

We did get our wedding present from my mom yesterday. Leave it to her t find the one thing that wasn't on our registry , we didn't know existed, but had to have! She bought us this big 8-in-1 George Foreman toaster/roater/bun warmer thing! We are big fans for George Foreman grills! Very cool gift. Now I can get rid of the old toaster oven I got at my first wedding that is now yellow with age and grease. This one has a rotisserie attachment and everything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Apr 23 2006, 06:32 AM
Post #17

Pacifism kicks ass!

((((( hugs to Mr. Pixie and his family & the grandfather and everyone))))))
~~~~~~~~ soothing vibes for Pixie ~~~~~~~~
So sorry to hear that so many stressful things are hitting you & Mr P at once. The week before your wedding is stressful enough without fueding family members, threatened lawsuits from exes, and gravely ill family members. I'm sure it's taking quite a toll on you. Just stay focused. Take care of Mr. P, take care of yourself, and maintain the sweetest disposition you can.

Welcome to The Bob Club, BunnyB! And as for that friend, you can simply inform her that you have some on-line friends whose relationship was LDR and they ended up getting married and being very happy together (which is all quite true for me & Sheff & many other couples out there). Then you can stick your tongue out at her as if you were 8 again. Yes, LDRs can be hard work. It can test your communcation skills. But in the same way, it can strengthen your communication skills. And that's a good thing.

~~~~ kisses for Mando just 'cause she's so sweet ~~~~

Welcome back, Mornington!!! I wrote a postcard to you yesterday & was wondering how that sheep fondling was working out for you. Great to see you here again!

Lively, you are far better at typing while drunk than I am. And that gift for the bride sounds beyond fantastic!

Antiotter, I would love to hear that interview if you decide to do it! Let us know if the German raidio station has a podcast or streaming audio.

(((((( big love for Damona )))))) You have been going through so so so much. I wish so very much that I could just go over there and give you a big hug and brush your hair and give you a pedicure (complete with foot massage) and just make you feel better, you know?
~~:-)~~:-)~~ big happiness for Damona ~~:-)~~:-)~~

~$~$~$~ jobby-job vibes for Polly ~$~$~$~

~[^]~$~[^]~$~ continued house & money vibes for TG, Mando, & me ~[^]~$~[^]~$~

Well, we toured the house & we love it. The problem? There's competition! Another couple was there to view the house at the same time as us! Talk about stress. I think we have some things in our favor, though, so that's good. We filled out an application which the neighbor faxed to the owner (Did I mention that the owner of the house is living out of state right now? That's why the place is for rent). Last night Sheff got a call from the owner and she said that she'd like her daughter to meet us, so that means we've made the finals. I'll let you know what happens next. Eep!

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Apr 23 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #18

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

welcome back mornington!

*~*~*~*stress-free wedding vibes for pixie~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~house and job vibes for all~*~*~*~*

(((all)))

kvetch: I am still in deadline hell.
anti-kvetch: took yesterday off and sporting very funky new hairdo which I love - I've joined the bob club with rosev and mando! Also had lovely dinner out with boy and his family at our favourite Italian and then went back to mine together to watch a movie.
kvetch: depressed friend who tries to project negativity onto me by telling me my relationship is doomed once it becomes LDR in September :-(.
atikvetch: being positive and not allowing her to get to me :-).

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Apr 22 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

(((mornington))) *tackles, covers with keeces* i've missed you sooooo much! welcome back to the five and dime, jimmy dean, jimmy dean!

(((lively))) oh that we could get drunk together someday.

antiotter, glad you didn't get shot. your neighbor's a fucktard.

(((pixie))) people can be so heartless and thoughtless, and when you're the bride, everything good or bad seems to be magnified, emotionally. but, you know, i gotta say, a stroke and dying is pretty major. here's hoping all works out well for you as well as mr p's fam.

vesicapisces, hope your show went off swimingly. please report back to us.

(((sonik & faith))) so nice to see you!

(((damona))) (((polly))) (((sidecar))) (((rose))) (((bunny))) (((sapphy))) (((tyger))) (((raisin))) (((d-medusa))) (((crassy))) (((fina))) (((tallgirl))) (((amilita))) just cuz.

kvetch#1: i fear i left someone out.
kvetch#2: i didn't get nearly as much done today as i'd planned to. i sucketh.

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 22 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #1

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

hellooooooo kvetchettes!

i've finished playing with the lambies and sheepies... and the next small, fluffy creature I hear going "meeeeeeeragh" (or "baaaa") is going to get an iron bar applied to thier skull with some force. Or battered against the floor in the defra-approved manner.

so, how is everyone? I promise I'll read the archives properly but... I got as far as Wally and decided that not only should that much sweetness be, well, illegal, I'm not in any fit state to read anything. And sapphy... awwww. Kittins.

anyhow... ****much love and vibes to lively, otter, pixie, bunny, damona, amilita, polly, sidecar, rv, faith, sapphy, vesica, sonik, tyger, rasin, dm, mando, txplum, tallgirl, fina, and anyone else I've forgotten***. I've missed you all!

+Quote Post
562 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)

562 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 21, 2014 - 04:56 AM