Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

562 Pages V  « < 558 559 560 561 562 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kvetch Up
dusty
post Apr 26 2006, 08:17 AM
Post #11181

Hardcore BUSTie

Mr. Dusty thinks you're pretty cool too, Sapphy, she who will be forever known as 'you know, the Bustie who took off her shirt to stop her husband going after the burglar'...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sapphy
post Apr 26 2006, 06:48 AM
Post #11182

BUSTie

Happy belated b-day, Rosie Vee! Hurray for finding a nice place with cool neighbors!

So nice to see Ms. SarahPlumWine. Mwah!

(((Crassy))) Just because.

Dusty, that DVD sounds like a wonderful gift. Mr. Dusty is obviously excellent.

~*~*~anti-stress wedding vibes for Pixie~*~*~

Sidecar, that sounds like a great weekend. I love pugs! Any pictures of your friends' pup?

(((((TallGirl, Faith, Mandi, Amilita, Lys, DM, Bunny, Damona, Mornington, Lively, everyone I've missed)))))

Brief re-cap of the past few days: my kung fu knitting student stood me up (her mom thought the lesson was set for this Friday), Saturday I drank much wine at NextDoorNeighbor's cookout/party, Sunday brunch with two friends from work, Monday worked at the shop, yesterday worked on jewelry stuff. There, you're all caught up on me.

Anti-kvetch: SapphMan got a BIG ($$$) freelance job, which he worked on all weekend, and the client was so pleased that they recommended him to another company for another freelance job that looks like it is going to be even bigger. Wow!

+Quote Post
crassy_mcnasty
post Apr 25 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #11183

Hardcore BUSTie

driveby to say hey! and (((multipurpose hugs)))

hope that rose had a nice b-day & found a place, pixie's wedding is coming along smoothly, lively is loving her new place, damona & the kids are well, sapphy checks in more often, amilita's gallery got good coverage, mandi isn't stressed and all other busties are happy. whew!

oh, and the the arsehat at work is currently closing up the 2005 books then his ass is outta here! (i don't even think he should be doing that but our accoutant advised it would be a good idea).

eta: forgot to leave some head scritchs and snuggles for wally

--------------------
I drank my forty before I left the house, cause i'm a lady!

+Quote Post
faith
post Apr 25 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #11184

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy belated birthday RoseV, very belated birthday wishes to Chat, Surly and Dusty, congrats Amilita on the news story and all the new developments, I am sure it's going to be good,

~$~$~$~$ vibes for Mando, Lively, and hell, everybusty ~$~$~$~$~

(((pixie and pixie wedding))) congrats to plum for the sexy Ren Faire exploits, congrats to Damona for her pretty singing, congrats to Mornington reunion with Daphne, (((Tallfamily))) Hopefully the universe will get its karma right and find you an even more wonderful and even cheaper house, (((sidecar and martini)) I am not so much of a pet person -- not that I don't have lots of dear friends who are, so I get that they are important family members, I just don't usually have an instant attachment to animals -- but even my cold little heart got melted recently by a pug puppy.

I went to Atlantic City this weekend with Mr. Fling, it was fun but also strange, spending so much time wtih someone who I am sleeping with but have no "romantic" relationship with is weird. I am used to a lot of physical affection from those I love, giving and receiving, including my non-sexual relationships (e.g. my family, my friends), I do a lot of touchy-feely hugging, etc. Mr. Fling surely does not, and so it's weird for me. He surprised me with tickets to see the Strokes though, so that was very fun. Unfortunately we impulsively decided to stay another night (in the hotel) so he drove me to Philly at 4:30 am to catch the 5:55 train to DC, then I had my firm photo taken (I hadn't slept in days, it was NOT CUTE) and then I went to a fun DC event (the portrait ceremony for the president/first lady paintings of the Clintons) and it was very cool but I was sort of too tired to appreciate it, and left a bit early. I felt bad because my Dad brought me, and as I hadn't shared with my parents that I was going to Atlantic City for a weekend of sinning, he just thought I was tired from overwork. Which, in general I am, but still.

~*~*~*~* productivity vibes to everyone, especially those with looming deadlines! ~*~*~* And I include myself in that, since I am working on a deadline myself tonight.

+Quote Post
damona
post Apr 25 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #11185

can i go to bed now?

well my oh my... i wander in here, cuz i'm wasting time at the computer shop, and i see that plummie is posting tasty-guy pics. my lucky day...

yeah, i have a ton of stuff i should be doing, but i'm just totally slacking off today. all the kids are back in school after being off all last week (and sick almost the whole break!), and it is definitely time for mom to take a break! can't stand being cooped up in that house anymore! and today is such a crappy, cold, grey day... yeah, i'd rather be sitting here.

i'm such a sci-fi geek too. i came to that conclusion last night about 1am when i ran down my phone battery searching for Stargate SG1 websites. this was after watching (finally!) the last 2 episodes of season 7.

my best gal pal and i are thinking of starting a little web-based business. she makes satin crib blankets we call "silkies" and i do fancy crocheted blankets in my "spare" (read: it justifies me sitting on my ass and watching tv now and then!) time. so we are thinking of joining forces and setting up a site to see if we can get anywhere with that. any ideas?

i was trying to figure out how to link to some pics off my cell phone, but i am such a computer dork... i so can't figure it out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*these vibes are for YOU!~*~*~*~*~*~

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
amilita
post Apr 25 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #11186

Me-yow!

Wally can totally kick that little drummer boy's kilt-covered arse! :-)

He's busy killing a plastic lid as I type!

+Quote Post
txplumwine
post Apr 25 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #11187

Hardcore BUSTie

Mandi - then try this one on for size.

ETA: Not that Wally isn't The Cute, mind you. Because he is. :-)

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Apr 25 2006, 07:56 AM
Post #11188

Hardcore BUSTie

not sure who i want to make into my next desktop wallpaper, Bryan Blaylock *homer drool* ... or wally. hee.

*jobbie and/or money from heaven vibes for (((lively)))*

amilita, glad the interview went well. definitely keep us posted.

kvetch: the appraiser cancelled on us last night. claimed a last-minute scheduling problem (which sounded suspiciously like a babysitting-for-grandchild issue). rescheduled for weds. thanks for the well wishes, but you can uncross parts in the interim.

antikvetch: luckily we got our tax refund. talk about nick of time. hope the damn thing clears soon. *fret*

kvetch: not that i can use any of it, even for a mani/pedi.

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
dusty
post Apr 25 2006, 07:03 AM
Post #11189

Hardcore BUSTie

What did you think of the game Rose, and that second period of overtime? Ummm, you guys *did* go to the hockey playoffs on your birthday, right? Hee hee.

+Quote Post
designermedusa
post Apr 24 2006, 05:27 PM
Post #11190

Hardcore BUSTie

Just a drive-by to say Happy Birthday Rose! And much congratulations on the house.

+Quote Post
txplumwine
post Apr 24 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #11191

Hardcore BUSTie

Me three on Eli!

I'm off to a baseball game with the co-workers. I could really give a crap - not that I hate it, just that I have no interest - but I like the people I work with, and I said I'd go. I think I won't stay all that long, though.

And if I don't, that means more {{{{lovage}}}} later.

+Quote Post
lysistrata
post Apr 24 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #11192

whisky and soda, do it, do it

bunny, I did the same thing re: definition of Eli! LMAO!

Now, who could those fun people possibly be...?

--------------------
Noon comes and turns this campus upside down
I watch the students in this college town
You would think they're carefree, I have seen their trials
Frowning into Shakespeare and practicing their smiles

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Apr 24 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #11193

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

drive-by to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSEVIOLET! and, wow, what an adorable wedding pic :-).

speaking of adorable pics, wally is too cute. funny, for some reason, last pic I took eli to be mr amilita and was bit startled to read your post "nestled in the loins of eli"!

(((lively))) sending job vibes your way (and tyger's) and loan vibes mando's and house vibes to rose, damona and tallgirl.

also, lively, give PJ a big squishy hug and tell him to PM if he wants to talk (((pinchejoto))).

~*~*~*anti-stress vibes for lys~*~*~* here's hoping lys has a nice relaxing weekend in fun surroundings with fun people to make up for the tension of late.

(((all)))

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
damona
post Apr 24 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #11194

can i go to bed now?

drive by.... happy birthday roseviolet!!!!

((((((((((((kvetchies!)))))))))))

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
livelyupurself
post Apr 24 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #11195

Hardcore BUSTie

GOOD maude amalita, that is just WAYYYYYY too friggin' cute! So cute, it should be illegal to post. I would love to see the article too.

I thoroughly enjoyed your posts here and on LJ plummie, you vixen you :-)

And a very Happy Birthday to the ever so lovely RoseV. I hope you are having a fabulous and most relaxing day and that you guys are happily settling in to your new digs. I must say, that is a gorgeous pic of you and Sheff. You are both Hottie McHotness! (I sent that hug PJ's way, and he appreciated it muchly.)

~~~~multi purpose vibes for all~~~~ and lotsa hugs & *smooches* for ((((everyone))))

I am still stressing about my lack of job prospects. I am ready to begin applying anywhere that is hiring. I'm depleting my savings at quite a rapid rate: the dog needed to see the vet, twice, had to purchase costly prescriptions for her, not to mention refilling my allergy meds I can't survive living out here without, which runs $88 for a one month supply, I still have to pay the additional pet deposit, my car's been on the fritz, it needed an oil change, tune-up, and a few other minor things. Plus I still need to get new brakes, and soon! And today I woke up to an ant infestation in my kithcen, along the sink. They are coming in from the electrical outlet, oh joy. So I am off to pick up some ant bait and various other household goods we are low on. I honestly can't remember being this broke in a loooong time, but I know that good things are ahead of me.

+Quote Post
amilita
post Apr 24 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #11196

Me-yow!

For a little Monday fun, I thought I'd post a link to a picture of Wally nestled in the loins of Eli.

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Apr 24 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #11197

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

Rv, 1. you need to teach me how to link pics
2. Lady library has been busy at work. I just got an e-mail from her today. She just hasn't been online a whole lot.
3. See kvetch below, doess your mom know anyone? 4. The pics of the house...OMG!!

Kvetch:I've been calling around to see how much it will cost to have my wedding dress pressed for the wedding...I am getting quotes from $15-100!
As much as I hate ironing.....I am not spending $100, and I am a little scared that the one place is charging so much less.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
lysistrata
post Apr 24 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #11198

whisky and soda, do it, do it

RV, what a sweetheart to think of me! Happy birthday, m'dear! ::fingers crossed the deadline hell ends tomorrah!::

--------------------
Noon comes and turns this campus upside down
I watch the students in this college town
You would think they're carefree, I have seen their trials
Frowning into Shakespeare and practicing their smiles

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Apr 24 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #11199

Pacifism kicks ass!

Hot sexy men with delicious accents? My birthday just got even better! But please forgive me, Plummy, if I prefer my own gorgeous man with a sexy accent. Just check out that dimple in his chin! Damn, my hubby is the hotttness!

Amilita, so glad to hear that things went well! I'll definitely want to see the story if it's on-line & I totally understand why you wouldn't want to just put a link here.

Hooray for being reunited with adorable bunny babies! Give Daphne a snuggle from us.

And Mandi, thanks so much for asking about Sheff & his job. He's really enjoying himself! He has a deadline coming up on Wednesday, but he's ahead of schedule. What's great about this company is that Sheff feels that he can really trust his co-workers and the management team. They're so much more responsible & organized than the last company he worked for ... which is probably why they get to work on such interesting projects!

Dusty, that DVD sounds super cool! Mr Dusty certainly sounds like a keeper :-)

((((hugs for Lys)))) Hope the stress eases up enough for her to post sometime soon.

Which reminds me, where is Lady Library? And Billy? And lots of other people?

I think I've decided what I want to do for my birthday evening. First I think we'll try to find the Sarah P. Duke Gardens at Duke University & then we'll go to a little cafe/coffee house that's set back in the woods in Chapel Hill. Should be gorgeous!

+Quote Post
dusty
post Apr 24 2006, 01:07 PM
Post #11200

Hardcore BUSTie

Yay for Rose, now for (((Tallgirl))) and (((Mandi))). I think I just learned a thing or two about house financing.

Yay for Amilita, I would love to see the article if it goes online...

+Quote Post

562 Pages V  « < 558 559 560 561 562 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 23, 2014 - 12:28 PM