Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corn Cob Up My Ass: Pet Peeves 7
pants
post Aug 3 2010, 03:14 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Aug 3 2010, 05:36 AM) *
The BBC are assholes!

Dude. They totally are. Not to mention that Channel 4 is taking an age to get True Blood on the air! But I'm willing to suffer through Megavideo links for that one. Who knew being an expatriate would be SO hard.

Also currently making life difficult: Why won't my house clean its own damn self? Why do I have to work for a living? Why doesn't my cat ever do the dishes?

--------------------
I am not a reliable narrator
This is a place where I talk about other stuff, and try to make it interesting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 2 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #2

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(pants @ Jul 29 2010, 09:17 AM) *
The BBC is not telling how long they're going to make me wait for Mad Men. This means I have to be very very careful about status updates on Facebook, headlines on US news sites, and everything television related. And if they make me wait until January AGAIN I may explode. I know I could find it all online, but's better when everything's the right size and there are no subtitles and the sound is lined up properly. I hate waiting though!!! Being patient is for suckers.

The BBC are assholes! They've actually decided to air Luther on BBC America, but so far all they've said is "later this year". I have to decide if I lurve Idris Elba enough to subscribe for a month or two.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
anarch
post Aug 2 2010, 05:24 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Sex Boosts Brain Growth

Spouse just sent this to me. My first reaction was: "And they didn't measure the female rats' stress hormones or brain cell growth because...?"

+Quote Post
pants
post Jul 29 2010, 08:17 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

The BBC is not telling how long they're going to make me wait for Mad Men. This means I have to be very very careful about status updates on Facebook, headlines on US news sites, and everything television related. And if they make me wait until January AGAIN I may explode. I know I could find it all online, but's better when everything's the right size and there are no subtitles and the sound is lined up properly. I hate waiting though!!! Being patient is for suckers.

--------------------
I am not a reliable narrator
This is a place where I talk about other stuff, and try to make it interesting.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 24 2010, 08:44 AM
Post #5

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 23 2010, 09:44 PM) *
People that seem to be unaware that the intarwebs is a tool one can use to find information & not just for social networking*. Particularly on FB. Particularly RA, my friend SC's cousin. We have a lot of friends in common & all the guy seems to do is ask people stupid questions about their status because he's not smart enough to look shit up by himself.

Today my friend S posted about the variety of ways he has traveled this one particular city. There were a plethora. RA somehow could take fifteen seconds to type out, "okay. but where is xxxxx?" Um, you are on the intarwebs, fuckstain! GOOGLE THAT SHIT! HOW HARD IS IT TO GO TO GOOGLE MAPS & ENTER THE NAME OF THE CITY SO YOU CAN SEE WHERE IT'S LOCATED?! GOOGLE. THAT. SHIT!

*This does not apply to people that want actual anecdotal info.

Just use this in reply to him, aural. wink.gif

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 23 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #6

Big Fat Bitch

Makes you wonder if ignorance really is bliss, no?

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
enfermera
post Jul 23 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

werd, AP. that stuff drives me batty.

similarly, i have a friend on fb who is of late very into "crossfit" circuit training, and it's pretty much all he posts about. his current profile picture is of himself lifting a ridiculously enormous barbell on his shoulders, looking, incidentally, like he's actually giving birth at the same time. he works in a hospital, and made an update about nurses groping the veins in his arms. i commented that all that lifting must make them extra bulgy, and some dude after me said, "oh, are you lifting again?" really??? i get that you're probably not online allllll the time, monitoring everyone's life situations like i tend to, but not only is that all this guy has talked about for the past several months, the freakin profile picture is right in front of your face! i just don't get it.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 23 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #8

Big Fat Bitch

People that seem to be unaware that the intarwebs is a tool one can use to find information & not just for social networking*. Particularly on FB. Particularly RA, my friend SC's cousin. We have a lot of friends in common & all the guy seems to do is ask people stupid questions about their status because he's not smart enough to look shit up by himself.

Today my friend S posted about the variety of ways he has traveled this one particular city. There were a plethora. RA somehow could take fifteen seconds to type out, "okay. but where is xxxxx?" Um, you are on the intarwebs, fuckstain! GOOGLE THAT SHIT! HOW HARD IS IT TO GO TO GOOGLE MAPS & ENTER THE NAME OF THE CITY SO YOU CAN SEE WHERE IT'S LOCATED?! GOOGLE. THAT. SHIT!

*This does not apply to people that want actual anecdotal info.

--------------------

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Mar 30 2010, 08:27 AM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, Aural; THAT is really about nine kinds of fucked-upedness. I'm going to go into my little zone world now and PRETEND that they meant to say "beautiful emancipated". This is how I deal with the world sometimes. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 26 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #10

Big Fat Bitch

Okay. I shop a LOT on Amazon. There's not much shopping here in the sticks 'cept for Walmart & I HATE Walmart. So today I ordered a bottle of my allergy meds from Amazon. My "payphrase" for the day was, & I shit you not, "Aural's Beautiful Emaciated". WTF? Now even my shopping cart is thinking it's Marc Jacobs & Anna Wintour combined?

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Mar 19 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #11

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

LMFAO! Yeah, it's a co-worker, dusty. She's got no filters. She's a 13-year old trapped in a 50-year old body. When I'm tired, I'm cranky. When I'm cranky, I have no patience. This is exactly why I didn't have a kid of my own. I would probably be an unpredictable sort of parent.

Okay, my cob 'o the day: that loser fuck buddy who tried to get me to have a kid 2 years ago? Wrote me an e-mail about some hare-brained plan he's got to build a business....it's just the stupidest thing ever. He wants people to pay him to tell them how to get what they want, like a motivational speaker or something, and THAT'S how he's finally going to get rich.....but the truth is, he doesn't have a clue how to get what he wants himself. And he's trying to advise ME on how to run MY business? Hello. I have a band, a duo, band photos, duo photos, solo photos, business cards, a band logo, a 300 watt PA system with a 12-channel mixer, two guitars, a bass, an amplifier, and gigs booked into September. I invest in myself and I work hard at what I do. Like I need his loser help? Anyway, I wrote him back and told him I was sorry to be cruel, but it's time to stop living in a fantasy world.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
dusty
post Mar 17 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(doodlebug @ Mar 15 2010, 09:33 AM) *
cob: chatterboxes in the morning. Especially Monday morning. OMG, STFU. STFU!!!!!! You are inane. You are talking about lottery games and celebrities and shopping for bagels and Swiffer cloths and the progress of your pet kittens' disciplinary program. STOP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR ASININE CONVERSATIONS WITH YOURSELF, and they are with yourself, because if you hadn't noticed, I'M NOT PARTICIPATING. Oh, you hadn't noticed? Well, that's because you're an idiot who talks before thinking. If you were a thinking person, you would have some recognition, some awareness, that you are basically talking to yourself, because the only thing running through my head is "STFU OR I'M GOING TO KILL YOU."

Hee, I really really hope this is someone you work with and not someone you spent the night with, Doodle.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Mar 15 2010, 09:33 AM
Post #13

cob: chatterboxes in the morning. Especially Monday morning. OMG, STFU. STFU!!!!!! You are inane. You are talking about lottery games and celebrities and shopping for bagels and Swiffer cloths and the progress of your pet kittens' disciplinary program. STOP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR ASININE CONVERSATIONS WITH YOURSELF, and they are with yourself, because if you hadn't noticed, I'M NOT PARTICIPATING. Oh, you hadn't noticed? Well, that's because you're an idiot who talks before thinking. If you were a thinking person, you would have some recognition, some awareness, that you are basically talking to yourself, because the only thing running through my head is "STFU OR I'M GOING TO KILL YOU."

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
AbleDanger
post Mar 5 2010, 05:45 AM
Post #14

BUSTie

anti cob: google:

Snake Bites

When one is bitten by a snake in a dream, this often actually points to overcoming a situation that appeared dire. The a snake bit dream may point to learning to overcome a situation and regain your power in life. Snake bites can be viewed as in injection of wisdom, rather than life threatening venom.

from BellaOnline.com

Guess I'm overcoming obstacles. Still, stupid ass dream isn't letting me sleep. Though it's 4:20am now, which I can't help at giggle about.

+Quote Post
AbleDanger
post Mar 5 2010, 05:37 AM
Post #15

BUSTie

Nightmares. With snakes leaping for your face.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Mar 4 2010, 10:13 AM
Post #16

(o)(o)

Cob: The woman who sits next to me. She chews loud, acts like she knows everything, her laugh sounds fake, she's nosy, she listens to bad music just loud enough to be irritating.

I may as well admit that I really don't like her.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Mar 2 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #17

cob: vajazzling. This is a really, really good example of everything wrong with Western culture.

cob: stupid leg cramps keeping me up all night so that Cowboy Coffee's darkest, largest dark roast to go hasn't even done the trick. Note to self: don't slack on your water consumption.

--------------------

+Quote Post
anarch
post Feb 23 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

cob from last week, but it's still bugging me: NPR show about people going from "riches to rags," starting off with an interview with a woman who had everything invested with Madoff. Then they invited people to call in with their stories and some guy's "riches to rags" story is that due to the recession, he's had to budget since last year.

You're not anywhere near "rags," you entitled ass.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Feb 19 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #19

And then, after dealing with my co-workers' white privileged racisms, one of them says, "I don't understand why everything in here has to turn into a debate."

Um, because you are racist and homophobic. And no, I ain't gonna sit here and listen to your ignorant crap without calling you on it. Duh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Feb 19 2010, 10:41 AM
Post #20

cob: having to listen to my co-workers' homophobic rantings about and ridiculing of male figure skaters.

--------------------

+Quote Post

106 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 1, 2014 - 10:06 PM