> Test Area
girltrouble
post Nov 16 2008, 01:18 AM
Post #541

new highs in personal lows daily!

oh brother bother.

well, not my problem.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 3 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #542

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

testing for the photo problem other people are having.

[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4548/img2185jj8.jpg[/img]

ETA: Yep, same problem.

If it has to be fixed anyway, can one of the PTB explain why we can't post a file from our computers directly, why everything has to have a URL? Very annoying.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
ModSquad
post Oct 3 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #543

BUSTie

Keep the faith, baby.

--------------------
They're young...they're hip....and now they're the law.

+Quote Post
Perilous
post Sep 28 2008, 01:39 PM
Post #544

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 17 2008, 01:06 AM
Post #545

[updown]Hello![/updown]
[scroll]Hello![/scroll]
[fade]Watch me fade away![/fade]
[rainbow]Happy Birthday!!![/rainbow]
[img]http://www.omgblog.com/images/lady-bunny-vag.jpg[/img]
uh...oops!

think that's offensive? how about some

[img]http://chaoskids.com/BABY/graphics/dance.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.123glitter.com/glitter-maker/2008/07/02/429502028583022020708.gif[/img]

but i think you're missing something here, bob, there is nothing terribly exciting about palin's nom. and to be honest there was nothing exciting about ferraro's either. they were picked. it wasn't something they earned. the race hillary ran, i will be the first to tell you was sloppy, but that is the real watershed event for women. it wasn't some guy giving her a hand up, it was her kicking down the door herself. i dislike hillary, but that, that i think is fantastic. if palin had done so much i would be cheering for her too, but let's be honest, there were, are far more qualified women in the gop *ahem* pot party, snowe, hutchensen or dole spring to mind, all of whom have experience that rivals clinton. but they weren't chosen. not because they didn't have the political acumen, not because they wouldn't move the right's base, but because they were experienced.

make no mistake, palin was chosen because she had no experience, little record, and she is the ideal of what a woman should be to the right. she was-- is-- essentually a cypher. a pretty empty (in both senses of the phrase) vessel to be filled in with what-have-you, or a blank canvas to be painted with a broad brush. why wouldn't women find that offensive? she is the ultimate token. don't get me wrong, she can deliver a speech, but lets be honest, being the mayor of a po-dunk down compared to the mind it takes to go to harvard law school and be the editor of their law review, and become a law professor? that's some serious wattage.

it makes absolutely no sense to be proud of something you didn't earn. it's like an heir being proud of the fortune he never made. what did he do for it? he just won the genetic lottery. nothing more. the same is true of palin. she really never earned that spot, so it really is no accomplishment. it does little practially in the way of furthering the feminist cause, particularly when she doesn't think women are capable of making their own choices where birthcontrol is involved.

it makes absolutely no sense to be proud of something you didn't earn. it's like an heir being proud of the fortune he never made. what did he do for it? he just won the genetic lottery. nothing more. the same is true of palin. she really never earned that spot, so it really is no accomplishment. it does little practially in the way of furthering the feminist cause, particularly when she doesn't think women are capable of making their own choices where birthcontrol is involved.

block this troll here:anti-femicist link
block this troll here:

http://www.bust.com/lounge/index.php?act=u...e&uid=28911[/font][/font]

`.€š€ž€š.` **:€š.€ž.€š:** “‚..“‚ ".-::-" (`.*?*.) `.€š€ž€š €š€ž€š “‚o*€šo *€š€ž_xXx_€ž€š* o€š€šo
(`.װx____“‚. €šo€š* *€šo€š.“‚_____װx .)

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 22 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #546

Big Fat Bitch

*****TROLL ALERT*****

our usual shmuck troll is back. with 3 profiles. instead of putting up with his bs, click on the link below to block his posts and doctored photos. on the next pages, click on the update ignored users button at the bottom of the page.*

BLOCK TROLL: filibuster
BLOCK TROLL: dustbuster
BLOCK TROLL: misslips

*it is also a good idea to add these names to your block pm list if needed and to set your acct to require approval for comments.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 22 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #547

to format it to go directly to the ignore list, just do what you do to block anyone, then add a step:
1)click on their name when they post, on the pull down select view member profile
2)underneath the member profile click options on the pull down select ignore user
3)when that page comes up, go to the address window. select then copy.

the address for blocking a member is universal so that address takes all members to the block screen with the proper information. i'll add miss lips to my post retroactively and follow up on all his new posts. wink.gif

thanks for the info polly. you're a peach!

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 22 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #548

Actually, it's posting under 3 names- I got oodles of comments from "MissLips", so block that one, too!

Crap, not sure how you formatted that GT, to go directly to my ignore list, so here's a link to the profile!

Remember to IGNORE POSTS and BLOCK PM'S!!

BLOCK TROLL: filibuster
BLOCK TROLL: dustbuster

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 18 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #549

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

nevermind

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
greygirl
post Apr 14 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #550

Testing..... Testing.... blink.gif

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Feb 3 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #551

Hardcore BUSTie

yay, it worked! thanks, polly.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Feb 3 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #552

Hit refresh on your browser and you'll see it. I see it after doing that.

Anytime I see someone's avatar looking a little stretched, I figure they changed it. Hit the refresh and it's all good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Feb 3 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #553

Hardcore BUSTie

Ugh, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I uploaded a new picture but it's like...it just shows a distorted version of my old one. sad.gif

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Feb 3 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #554

Hardcore BUSTie

just seeing if my new avatar works.

+Quote Post
cecilia
post Dec 16 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #555

BUSTie

wacko.gif cool.gif

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 1 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #556

dry.gif laugh.gif wink.gif sad.gif biggrin.gif
CODE
rofl

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
angiepoo
post Nov 1 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #557

BUSTie

blah

+Quote Post
VanillaXtraDry
post Oct 8 2007, 07:48 AM
Post #558

BUSTie

new photo

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Oct 8 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #559

deleted

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
Hybrids Bad 4 Environment
post Sep 30 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #560

Underline Text cool.gif

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 26 27 28 29 30 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 30, 2014 - 02:41 AM