The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tea Time... what are your favorite teas?
lola rojo
post Apr 27 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #1

BUSTie

Oh and recently..I picked up a ginormo bag of Turkish tea....tastes like a black, but a little stronger. Great with creamy desserts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lola rojo
post Apr 27 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #2

BUSTie

My all time fave is a basic black tea....classic in its simplicity and reliability.

When i want to rock my teapot...

Earl Grey
Ginger Lemon
Peppermint
Coconut Tea (from teavana..i've not seen it anywhere else)

+Quote Post
solaria
post Apr 24 2009, 05:48 AM
Post #3

BUSTie

my top favs.....
sencha
earl grey
ancient forest yunnan
chai

mumble, I love genmaicha too. it has a kind of savory flavor from the toasted rice. for herbs I like lemon balm, raspberry leaf, spearmint...I guess the list goes on.

+Quote Post
mumblestutter
post Apr 23 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

jasmine green tea! but it has to be the loose kind. people in the room flip out when the water hits it, ask what smells so good.

genmaicha is beautiful too! it's green tea with roasted rice in it. i know it sounds really weird. but it tastes soooo toasty & warm smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chairman Miaow
post Apr 22 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #5

BUSTie

Wow mouse, I'll definitely have to try that tip!

My favourite teas are:

-Peppermint
-Green, with jasmine flowers
-Chamomile
-Spicy chai

I'm not hugely adventurous, and I'm not going to invest in a lovely tea set until I have more friends to invite over! For now, it's teabags over loose leaf...although I'm astounded at how expensive teas and spices are here!

--------------------
A hundred years after we are gone and forgotten, those who never heard of us will be living with the results of our actions.
-Oliver Wendell-Homes

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Apr 17 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(mouse @ Dec 2 2008, 05:14 AM) *
something i've been doing lately that a friend turned me on to is using water leftover from boiling or steaming veggies for tea water. it adds a very very faint sweet/earthy aftertaste to whatever tea you choose to use, plus you get more of the nutrients lost when cooking the veggies. yum yum. i especially like a broccoli/blackberry infusion combo.

That does sound good.

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post Apr 15 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

Just give me a box of assorted Twinings teas (Earl & Lady Grey and Irish & English Breakfast teas) and I'm good to go.

+Quote Post
alluna
post Dec 18 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #8

BUSTie

I got a couple of those Numi Tea glass pots with the little shriveled pods that you drop in. The pods turn into flowers and the water around them is tea. There are a few different kinds....I never knew about these before stumbling onto them at Amazon.

--------------------
Rain Blanken
'Rain Strong!'

+Quote Post
yuefie
post Dec 5 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #9

Lip Balm Aficionado

My currents faves are Good Earth's Cocoa Chai and Stash's Mango Passionfruit.

We always have a box of Twining's Earl Grey and Darjeeling on hand and I love the two of them mixed together with a little cardamom. In fact, the boy uses that mixture to poach salmon in and it's divine.

--------------------
~I'm so tired of being tired
As sure as night will follow day
Most things I worry about
Never happen anyway~

+Quote Post
edithdumplings
post Dec 5 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #10

Ooh, anything as long as it's served in a ginormous mug!

My favourite at the moment is cinnamon loose tea, I have a thing about teapots.
I used to get this really gorgeous chocolate chai loose tea from a place called T2 in Australia but I haven't found anywhere in England that matches up to it yet.

I'm trying to get into green teas to cut down a bit on my added tea sugars!

+Quote Post
mouse
post Dec 2 2008, 12:14 AM
Post #11

Most Likely Procrastinating

something i've been doing lately that a friend turned me on to is using water leftover from boiling or steaming veggies for tea water. it adds a very very faint sweet/earthy aftertaste to whatever tea you choose to use, plus you get more of the nutrients lost when cooking the veggies. yum yum. i especially like a broccoli/blackberry infusion combo.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
Nova
post Nov 28 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #12

I love Tea Gschwender. I make a point to go there for my darjeelings. I worked a tea store for a couple years and learned that they have the 1st pick of the crop so they have the best darjeelings in the world...with the exception of the Darjeeling plantations.

My all-time favorite tea is called Dark Goddess Oolong. Everyone tells me it smells like weed, but I think it tastes like chocolate.

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Nov 21 2008, 07:52 AM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Yorkshire tea, Assam in a big mug, and fairtrade green tea with lemon in the morning.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
Lily_Anne
post Nov 19 2008, 11:28 PM
Post #14

BUSTie

QUOTE(roquelaure @ Oct 29 2008, 09:46 PM) *
IMO you can never beat a cuppa good ol' Red Rose. straight basic tea- AND a cute lil' porcelin animal figurine smile.gif

my recent obsession though has been Snapple white strawberry. who knew Snapple made hot tea?! not i- but i found it in a local Big Lots, and have since stocked up in case i never see it again. i'm usually not a big fruit flavored tea fan, i like it earthy, but this is not only subtle and so sweetly DELISH, but reminds me of what an ex used to drink whenever we would go to a little greasy spoon diner and i would mock him for drinking "pink girly tea" while i had black coffee. plus i was obsessed with Snapple in college haha.

And who knew Snapple made lip gloss that comes in teeny Snapple bottles? I wasn't a lip gloss fiend before, but I've been converted. I like how the stick itself is much wider than conventional lip gloss. Gives full-lip contact. Yummy!

+Quote Post
Lily_Anne
post Nov 19 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #15

BUSTie

Hot mint tea and tarragon, sweet and strong.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 9 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #16

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Hot tea and pretty porcelin teapots are the best cure for bad dreams on raw grey days.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
tommynomad
post Oct 29 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

As summer comes to Auckland, I've been indulging myself with some delish lattes.

Pre-heat teacup (of course).
Drop in any strong, spicy chai tea and *half*-fill with recently boiled water.
Oversteep (at least 20 mins).
Strain.
Pour tea into blender cup.
Add 4 large ice cubes, 1/2 cup milk, a drop of vanilla, dash of cookie spices, and a scoop of ice cream.

Blend and enjoy.

--------------------
"If I help women to have babies when they can give them love and affection, [those babies] will not grow up to be rapists or murderers.
They will not build concentration camps."
--Dr. Henry Morgentaler

+Quote Post
roquelaure
post Oct 29 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #18

BUSTie

IMO you can never beat a cuppa good ol' Red Rose. straight basic tea- AND a cute lil' porcelin animal figurine smile.gif

my recent obsession though has been Snapple white strawberry. who knew Snapple made hot tea?! not i- but i found it in a local Big Lots, and have since stocked up in case i never see it again. i'm usually not a big fruit flavored tea fan, i like it earthy, but this is not only subtle and so sweetly DELISH, but reminds me of what an ex used to drink whenever we would go to a little greasy spoon diner and i would mock him for drinking "pink girly tea" while i had black coffee. plus i was obsessed with Snapple in college haha.

+Quote Post
NewYorkLA
post Oct 28 2008, 03:19 PM
Post #19

I am a huge tea drinker... I love green tea and I'm a big fan of the Yogi teas. I always get the iced black tea unsweetened with soy milk from Starbucks... that's my favorite on a hot day:)

+Quote Post
Melanielouise
post Oct 24 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #20

BUSTie

Just some good o'l PG tips is good enough for me.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 11:55 PM