Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Procrastination Hell
coffeebean
post Dec 2 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

I have been procrastinating on everything for about a month now. Rather than working hard in November so that I can enjoy December now looks like it is going to happen the other way around. I know what I have to do but just can't get myself to sit down and do it. The problem is that a thesis seems like a never ending project. Rarely do you have a day where you can actually show that you have produced/completed a mass amount of work. It feels like I am just nibbling around the edges but never taking a big bite. Gah!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 30 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

I will finish my essay by 1am! I will finish my essay by 1am!

+Quote Post
period_monster
post Nov 30 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been procrastinating on these encyclopedia entries for months now. They are due tomorrow. FUCK!!! I submitted one over the weekend, but these last two are killing me. The subject matter is part of the problem, but how many hours a day do I really want to devote to thinking about the state of abortion in the US? It's depressing and just not fun. boo hiss

Back to work--or working on working.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 28 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

lol, thanks 7. As for your query, what you do is click the "insert link" button in the reply box and then you cut and paste the link and then it will say something like "please enter the title for this" and in that box you can type whatever you want the link to be posted as.

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Nov 28 2009, 02:00 AM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

Can someone tell me how to make big hairy links like the ones below look nice and trim like "this" or "the hamlet syndrome" instead of all the slashes and noise?

Also, Candy, hope I didn't fool you that I am a Shakespeare scholar, I just googled these as I have a soft spot for the prince and his mental health.

--------------------
Every story is a cup so empty it can be drunk from again and again. - MJH

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Nov 27 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

http://www.theatrehistory.com/british/hamlet002.html

http://www.amazon.com/Madness-Prince-Hamle...s/dp/0786706244
when u click on Look Inside - go to 'first pages' and u can read the whole essay on hamlet and Ganser Syndrome (which gives you both the cake of saying he's fronting AND the eating it of having a scientific diagnosis, hehe.)

and this is a whole google book on hamlet, the word 'madness' is highlighted (but so is 'Hamlet' and 'his' so go to 'show all' and look from there), you can scroll at your heart's content
http://books.google.com/books?id=zxOiZePIC...ess&f=false

and a list of madness quotes from Hamlet itself
http://www.clicknotes.com/hamlet/Madness.html

there is something old, something new and something blue; )
Do these constitute resources?

--------------------
Every story is a cup so empty it can be drunk from again and again. - MJH

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 27 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, seriously just like, 2 more pages to go but why can't I find sources about Hamlet and madness? And since none of the databases I use are strictly for English literature, every time I try to search for articles about things like "construction of character" or "identity" I end up getting psychology stuff or random things that just include the word "construction".

+Quote Post
coffeebean
post Nov 26 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

one more day Candy....keep going! I agree with Raisin....smoke after to come down rather than drag it out smile.gif Raisin I need a kick in the butt for my thesis....GO! haha

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Nov 25 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #9

PANTIES! ew.

CCG, I'm here to kick your ass.

Don't get high and write your paper. That's stupid, because you're going to be in slow motion and everything will take you even longer.

Don't tell yourself you have writer's block. Write a first draft to just get that shit down. Make it, say, 7 pages. Sleep on it and clean it up in the morning and reassess from there.

DO IT NOW!

Who's next?

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 25 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a five page essay due on Friday and I have only written one page. WTF! Why can't I write? I haven't had a block this bad in so long. I am about thisclose to just smoking up and then writing because it has worked in the past (okay, only one time but I ended up writing the paper in one sitting and getting an A).

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 24 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks, coffeebean! 2 assignments down, 3 more to go!

+Quote Post
coffeebean
post Nov 23 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

good luck this week ccgirl...I know that this is a big week for you!!!

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 14 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

I need someone to kick me in the ass! Seriously, I have four assignments due the week of the 23rd and have not yet completed any of them! I'm going to write one of my English papers tomorrow and today I have done minimal work on my marketing project. Okay, I swear I'm getting it all done!!

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Nov 9 2009, 12:05 PM
Post #14

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

Is it bad that I'm using deer season for an excuse not to go outside and enjoy the weather?

And having a headache for not doing anything productive when I've got dishes and laundry to do?

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Oct 25 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #15

the moistiest

can someone light a fire under my ass? i've managed to lay around all morning shuffling through my itunes library. it's a nice day out, and the house needs cleaned, but i refuse to acknowledge either.

+Quote Post
sunshine0
post Jul 22 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #16

Can it really be sixty-two years ago that I first saw you?

It is truly a lifetime, I know. But as I gaze into your eyes now, it seems like only yesterday that I first saw you, in that small café in Hanover Square. (power leveling)

From the moment I saw you smile, as you opened the door for that young mother and her newborn baby. I knew. I knew that I wanted to share the rest of my life with you.

I still think of how foolish I must have looked, as I gazed at you, that first time. I remember watching you intently, as you took off your hat and loosely shook your short dark hair with your fingers. I felt myself becoming 1)immersed in your every detail, as you placed your hat on the table and cupped your hands around the hot cup of tea, gently blowing the steam away with your 2)pouted lips.

From that moment, everything seemed to make perfect sense to me. The people in the café and the busy street outside all disappeared into a 3)hazy 4)blur. All I could see was you.

All through my life I have relived that very first day. Many, many times I have sat and thought about that the first day, and how for a few 5)fleeting moments I am there, feeling again what is like to know true love for the very first time. It pleases me that I can still have those feelings now after all those years, and I know I will always have them to comfort me.

Not even as I shook and trembled uncontrollably in the 6)trenches, did I forget your face. I would sit huddled into the wet mud, terrified, as the hails of bullets and mortars crashed down around me. I would 7)clutch my rifle tightly to my heart, and think again of that very first day we met. I would cry out in fear, as the noise of war beat down around me. But, as I thought of you and saw you smiling back at me, everything around me would be become silent, and I would be with you again for a few precious moments, far from the death and destruction. It would not be until I opened my eyes once again, that I would see and hear the 8)carnage of the war around me.

I cannot tell you how strong my love for you was back then, when I returned to you on leave in the September, feeling 9)battered, bruised and fragile. We held each other so tight I thought we would burst. I asked you to marry me the very same day and I 10)whooped with joy when you looked deep into my eyes and said "yes" to being my bride.(wow power level)

I`m looking at our wedding photo now, the one on our dressing table, next to your jewellery box. I think of how young and innocent we were back then. I remember being on the church steps grinning like a 11)Cheshire cat, when you said how dashing and handsome I looked in my uniform. The photo is old and faded now, but when I look at it, I only see the bright vibrant colors of our youth. I can still remember every detail of the pretty wedding dress your mother made for you, with its fine delicate lace and pretty pearls. If I concentrate hard enough, I can smell the sweetness of your wedding bouquet as you held it so proudly for everyone to see.

I remember being so over enjoyed, when a year later, you gently held my hand to your waist and whispered in my ear that we were going to be a family.

I know both our children love you dearly; they are outside the door now, waiting.

Do you remember how I panicked like a mad man when Jonathon was born? I can still picture you laughing and smiling at me now, as I 12)clumsily held him for the very first time in my arms. I watched as your laughter faded into tears, as I stared at him and cried my own tears of joy.

Sarah and Tom arrived this morning with little Tessie. Can you remember how we both hugged each other tightly when we saw our tiny granddaughter for the first time? I can`t believe she will be eight next month. I am trying not to cry, my love, as I tell you how beautiful she looks today in her pretty dress and red shiny shoes, she reminds me so much of you that first day we met. She has her hair cut short now, just like yours was all those years ago. When I met her at the door her smile wrapped around me like a warm glove, just like yours used to do, my darling.world of warcraft power leveling

I know you are tired, my dear, and I must let you go. But I love you so much it hurts to do so.

As we grew old together, I would tease you that you had not changed since we first met. But it is true, my darling. I do not see the wrinkles and grey hair that other people see. When I look at you now, I only see your sweet tender lips and youthful sparkling eyes as we sat and had out first picnic next to that small stream, and chased each other around that big old oak tree. I remember wishing those first few days together would last forever. Do you remember how exciting and wonderful those days were?

I must go now, my darling. Our children are waiting outside. They want to say goodbye to you.

I wipe the tears away from my eyes and bend my frail old legs down to the floor, so that I can kneel beside you. I lean close to you and take hold of your hand and kiss your tender lips for the very last time.

+Quote Post
lananans
post Jul 14 2009, 07:07 AM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a major research project that I have yet to start, even though I have known about it for over a month. I have to do a proposal and annotated bibliography all within a week, and have the 20 page paper written in a month.

I am not feeling so good about it right now, but I plan on spending all day tomorrow in the library...

Stupid procrastination!

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Jul 6 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

I have done nothing all morning! It's 12:30 and I've sent one email, made one phone call, and.. well, I managed to take a shower! To be fair, I am still waiting for a new assignments at work right now, but really, I could be doing so many more productive things than sitting here compulsively checking my email. Finally I have a chance to attend to my personal life and instead I am just bumming around.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jul 2 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #19

sassygrrl

Summer is not helping my habits. I'm getting things done, just not as quickly. I think it really depends on the heat.

+Quote Post
MsKissyStarfish
post Jul 2 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #20

BUSTie

Ugh go away spammer robinuk. Grr.

How is summer treating the procrastinators among us? It is mixed for me. I'm reaching more of my goals, but feel a bit lazy on the few hot summer days we've had. Still, using the internets resources more, have a functional website now (still adding content lol) and make strides in the right direction. smile.gif

Do your procrastination and work habits change when the summertime rolls in? Or not? smile.gif

--------------------
"What's past is prologue."
~William Shakespeare

The Tempest

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 07:47 AM