The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Okay, so what's the BEST product you've ever used?!
swtgrl
post Mar 16 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #1

BUSTie

Clinique moisture surge facial moisturizer!!

ahh when i first put it on...heaven in a jar.

but it's $40 and im in college haha...

smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Mar 15 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

i wouldnt say the BEST.. but they pretty damn cool. these foamy wirey hair curlers that literally take minutes to use. love it. here's a picture of them, i think you can pick them up at sallys or any beauty supply store. if your hair is long, i suggest getting two packs. but one worked ok for my shoulder-length hair.

they're called springz, as you can see..
and.. immediately after taking out and doing a quick little tousle..

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Aug 18 2006, 06:40 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Re: the Body Shop being sold to L'oreal, here's a couple of articles:

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1733470,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/retail/story/0,,1749829,00.html

It was just earlier this year.

+Quote Post
sweetmelissa
post Aug 18 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #4

My vote goes to Benetint by Benefit. It looks like red nail polish but is actually blush. I don't wear much make-up at all and this stuff makes my cheeks all flushy and sun-kissed.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Aug 18 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #5

sassygrrl

I didn't know Body Shop was owned by L'Oreal now...weird.
Just bought 5 new bath bombs from Lush and one bubble bar.. yay! I so wish they would hurry up and open one in GA!!! sad.gif

+Quote Post
agent_wasabi
post Aug 18 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #6

BUSTie

QUOTE(anoushh @ Aug 11 2006, 10:22 AM) *

Ok, having moved back the US I've now had to leave the nearby Lush store behind, and with the Body Shop now being owned by L'oreal, I need a replacement for the BS body butter I was using. I personally liked the coconut and the nut varieties, but I just need something of a simlar type to use for elbows, feet, etc. Any suggestions? Nothing with mineral oil or other petroleum based products, though.

Body Shop is now owned by L'Oreal?! Interesting...

+Quote Post
falljackets
post Aug 17 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #7

crush groovin'

i'm sure this has been mentioned in here before, but i just received my shipment from aveda:

sap moss shampoo and conditioner is the bomb - the MUTHA-FUCKIN' BOOOMB, ya'll.

seriously. i've never felt my hair so lustrous after shampooing BEFORE putting the conditioner on. i followed it up with their phomollient and let it air-dry (which usually spells disaster, but i'm lazy so i had to try it). it looks awesome and FEELS so great. i could hear my processed hair thanking me as i wrapped the towel around it.

i love their peppermint stuff too, but this stuff is rocking my world.

hey mox, this might be what you're looking for. it's supposed to nourish dry hair and mend split ends, so it would make sense that it'd prevent breakage too...

--------------------
to love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides - Viscott

+Quote Post
flyingfrog
post Aug 17 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #8

BUSTie

my mom got me hooked on this face serum called true blue spa take your vitamins serum. she told me she got it at bath & bodyworks, which astonished me, cause usually I don't like their stuff. and THIS. was SO GOOD. I was skeptical of the vitamin serum idea, I really was, but oh my gosh. it made my skin smooth! glowy! not greasy! delightful! dewonderful!

...so now they've discontinued it and I'm hoarding my last drops and pouting. a woman I work with told me clinique makes an antioxidant serum that she loves, but I looked it up and it's $125. whoa nellie. if anyone knows of a cheaper-but-equally-awesome vitamin/antioxidant face serum, tell!

+Quote Post
luludoll123
post Aug 17 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(moxiegirl @ Aug 4 2006, 05:33 PM) *

yeah, cept i'm the mom who is killing her kid softly with formula. I think its just the combo of summertime and always wearing a pony, personally.

No you know what Moxie - this is a post pregnancy phenomenon. I have super thick hair and lots of it and at about 4 months started losing it in chunks. It's cause while you're pregnant so don't lose your hair and it's all super lustrous and after you have the baby the hormones change back to before so you lose all the hair you were hanging onto for those 9 months that you probably would have lost then. It's a drag but only last a couple of months.

+Quote Post
dani837
post Aug 14 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

Day essential moisturizer, by Shiseido. It smells wonderfully and makes your skin softer.(for how much it costs it better be doing something good!)

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Aug 12 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #11

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I'm loving Benefit's Get Even concealer powder designed to take away redness and shine. The difference it makes is amazing!

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post Aug 11 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

anoushh - I love the shea butter products from Shea Terra Organics quite alot. Their foot cremes are to die for, and I hope they bring back their mint tea double butter foot cream, because that was the very best for my feet ever. But their regular lotions are fabulous too!

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Aug 11 2006, 11:05 AM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok, having moved back the US I've now had to leave the nearby Lush store behind, and with the Body Shop now being owned by L'oreal, I need a replacement for the BS body butter I was using. I personally liked the coconut and the nut varieties, but I just need something of a simlar type to use for elbows, feet, etc. Any suggestions? Nothing with mineral oil or other petroleum based products, though.

+Quote Post
aliboo
post Aug 10 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #14

BUSTie

I think a lot of people don't like SLS because it can be drying to hair...it has never really bothered me but I *prefer* shampoos without them b/c my hair is dry and prone to breakage anyways. I like using Creme of Nature, very affordable SLS-free shampoo.

Right now I am infatuated with:

**Eucerin Intensive Repair Lotion
**Tone Water Lily & Sugar Cane Body Wash (Smells so good, wouldn't think a floral/sweet scent would combine so well, but YUM!)

+Quote Post
altargrrrl
post Aug 10 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

SLS is in most bath and cleaning products because it is pretty safe, effective, and cheap. SLS is not goting to cause cancer or neurological problems. a small number of people are allergic/sensitive to it and it can cause them to get dandruff, but that's about it. this article from snopes explains that most of the hullabaloo over the effects of SLS is unfounded. here is where lush explains why they use SLS in their products. and since the link in that answer is broken, here is the article that they reference.

personally, i really like lush products and have found that my hair has a lot more body when using them. they're very moisturizing without weighing my hair down. most drugstore brand shampoos and conditioners have silicones and wax in them, which leads to buildup that makes your hair lank and heavy. lush products don't have them. for moxie, big could work, or maybe rehab for shampoo. for conditioner, i use american cream. the first time i used it, it seemed thin and not as *slick* or *slimy* as i was used to conditioner being. but it works really well. my brush slides right through my wet tangle-prone hair and makes it very managable. lush products are really expensive, though. i would buy a small bottle first, to see if you like the product before investing in a big bottle. the big bottles do last a long time, though. at least six months, probably more like a year, depending on how much you tend to use each time.

ETA: if you are lucky enough to live near a lush store, they are very free with the samples. they will advise you on what would be best for your hair and give you samples of several kinds to try. the only problem with visiting lush stores is that it's really difficult to leave without buying something, at least a bubblebar. smile.gif

+Quote Post
anoushh
post Aug 10 2006, 09:37 AM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

The ingredient you are thinking of is sodium laureth sulfate. It's not just Lush that uses it in some of its products--almost all shampoos, bath and shower gels, bubble baths, etc, use it. It's hard to avoid, unfortunately.

+Quote Post
gogosgirl
post Aug 9 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

okay moxie --

I know there are those among us who decry lush because of some ingredient or other (I can't remember what it is...sorry), but their big shampoo has done wonders for my limp, lank hair. so maybe give it a try?

+Quote Post
moxiegirl
post Aug 4 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #18

Nice Kitty

yeah, cept i'm the mom who is killing her kid softly with formula. I think its just the combo of summertime and always wearing a pony, personally.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Aug 3 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #19

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

moxie, I'm in no way an expert on this....but could it be that you are losing nutrients from breastfeeding? Maybe you need to up your vitamin/mineral or fat intake?

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
moxiegirl
post Aug 3 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #20

Nice Kitty

Ladies- since I've had moxette, 4 mos ago, i've noticed my hair is more brittle and prone to breakage. Not really the "loosing hair" thing some women talk about, but more weak hair. Suggestions for product? Thanks!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 1, 2014 - 06:16 PM