The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> Okay, so what's the BEST product you've ever used?!
divaintraining
post May 3 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow, don't know what I've been waiting for on the Bare Minerals- hear so many raves about it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
curioushair
post May 3 2006, 10:23 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

Count me among the Bare Minerals fans. I originally tried it when I was going through one of my "cosmetics are killing me" phases. (Usually followed by a "to hell with it, I'll leave a beautiful corpse whose lips are lacquered with a thick coat of Viva Glam," after being seduced by the Mac counter.)

Less is definitely more, though. It can look a little too opaque. And it works best over totally bare skin.

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
cellijenni
post Apr 30 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #3

BUSTie

in the past 6 months i have become a Bare Minerals junkie.

i've never used a makeup line that looks so natural AND improved the quality of my skin.

i'm in love.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Apr 27 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

I really doubted those Crest White Strips, but I decided to try them last summer and they worked amazingly well. Two days after I started using them a friend who didn't know I was whitening made a comment on how white my teeth were. I used them last August and they're still white as they were when I started.

I just used the two week strips because they were cheaper.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
greenbean
post Apr 27 2006, 01:21 PM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

Can anyone recommend an over-the-counter tooth whitener? My coffee habit is making my smile yucky. (just give up coffee you say? curses!)

--------------------
I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty.--John Waters

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Apr 27 2006, 09:11 AM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

Mirabella, strangely enough, it has an overall woodsy smell, like pine or cedar without being disinfectant-y. You can detect the individual grapefruit and rosemary notes underneath. But yeah, I thought "forests of Heaven" was very nice and rather poetic (he tends to talk that way)!

+Quote Post
mirabella
post Apr 27 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

He said "the forests of Heaven"?!?! Wow. I am very intrigued to smell this now.Also, pamplemousse sounds like a Dr. Seuss thing.

About the detergent, I think it would be fine for sensitive skin. I have pretty sen. skin myself and I also washed some of my daughter's clothes in it (she is only 8 mths. old) and we are both itch-free.

+Quote Post
planetallison
post Apr 26 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #8

Bliss Plum Body Butter is a reason to get up in the morning--and the Soap in a Jar that goes with it is a reason to shower! YUM!

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Apr 26 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

Much love for Rescue Beauty Lounge's Rosemary Pamplemousse Body Cream. Pricey, but moisturizes nicely, has a VERY subtle sparkle (visible only in bright sunlight), and smells DIVINE. The guy at the convenience store said I smelled "like the forests of Heaven". I am impressed.

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Apr 26 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

lurvpaint - I am just using it by hand. Attached to the sander might be a bit much, ha ha ha!! I just started using it because the Mr. had them on hand at his shop and it made sense after thinking about it. I was actually going to go buy a pumice stone (?) but I remembered the last time I tried one it just wasn't enough, you know? Since I have also been a metal worker, as the Mr. is now, I remembered the cool little sanding/ deburring disks, and that's all she wrote! My heels are sooooo nice and pink and soft. You would not believe all the dead skin dust I create when I get to sanding! And since I am doing it by hand, I don't have to worry about getting a sanding burn or anything. I sand a little, brush off, sand a little more and work my way around my heel. I am really very happy with the results and the disks last for a long time (all you do to clean is pat them off on a cloth, I use the side of my leg, to knock the skin dust off) and are not very expensive if you're buying them. I use 80 grit.

+Quote Post
lurvpaint
post Apr 26 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

voodoo princess - that sander disk you're not attaching it to a sander are you? you're just sanding your foot by hand? (hee hee how strange it feels to ask that question) I too have those cranky heels that need lots of attention once take my feet out of socks.

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Apr 26 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

mirabella - how do you think that deterg. would do for sensitive skin? I want to try it but usually, for me, the better smelling the product(soap and detergent), the more it bothers my skin..... I just don't want to be smellin' good AND itchy, you know?

+Quote Post
mirabella
post Apr 26 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Gain Apple Mango Tango laundry detergent is sooooo good!!! Not really a "product" I guess, but definitely rave-worthy. It is making the whole house smell good.

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Apr 25 2006, 04:42 AM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

bare minerals here too!
good stuff!

+Quote Post
raskel
post Apr 24 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

bgirl, I use bare minerals too...it's awesome isn't it? It's not expensive and it works as well as the infomercial says. My first shipment lasted me like 8 months or something. It covered all of my skin problems that I had, and since I started using just that on my face, I don't have any acne for the first time in almost 2 years.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Apr 24 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

Voodoo, I love it. Hee.

+Quote Post
bgirl
post Apr 24 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #17

i love Fresh! sugar perfume, sugar lipbalm, sugar face polish, soda shampoo. oooh if they weren't so much $!
Frederik Fekkai technician shampoo - it smells incredible and i have never used anything that makes my hair that soft.
Lush - bath bombs and the marilyn pre-shampoo treatment.
Bobby Brown liptint - has spf and not sticky, has a cool wintergreen feel, and stays on!
Bare Minerals!
Neutrogena body oil, Nivea skin lotion.
Burts bees - lemon cuticle cream!
Rimmel - nail polish w/ lycra.
Almay eye cream w/ kinetin.
my new fave: BLISTEX complete moisture chapstick.
it is amazing and cheap and at cvs or walgreens.

my bad for listing soooo much but i am new and got excited!~

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Apr 24 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

The Fresh soaps are sooooo expensive (11 bucks a pop), but sooooo good: lots of lather and the wonderful scent lasts through the life of the bar (the fig/apricot in particular smells like Heaven). I also like their lip-plumping Gloss Absolute in Dahlia (again, outrageously expensive at 24 bucks). Never tried the mascara, tho.

+Quote Post
kbot79
post Apr 24 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #19

BUSTie

Anyone know anything about "fresh" products? I see them everywhere but have never tried. I've heard especially good things about their mascara.

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Apr 22 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

I have been using this GREAT "product" that has made my heels (feet) sooooo soft and pink and pretty!!!! I am just thrilled as I have always been one to go barefoot or wear minimal shoe-age and my feet have SUFFERED!!! I believe this may also rank as one of the strangest foot softening "products" but I LOVE it. It's an
80 GRIT SANDING DISK !!!! from the MR.'s work place. Usually used as attachment for electric metal sander / grinder but I thought it would be perfect to smooth down my heels and OH MY does it ever!!!! I am soooo happy now that I have pretty feet and can wear nice, summer shoes and not be ashamed of my ICKY heels. Of couse the MR. thinks I am completely NUTS and says it's embarrassing (?) but I'm happy with the results so he can be as embarrassed as he wants, as long as he keeps bringing home the sanding disks for me!!!!! WOOHOO for pretty feet!

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 29, 2014 - 07:45 AM