The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Okay, so what's the BEST product you've ever used?!
ladylibrary
post May 26 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #41

Hardcore BUSTie

hsmith, also i like md formulations sun sheild. it is for oily or breakout prone skin so it is not greasy at all and makes your skin soft. but i do agree with turbo about the origins. all there stuff is all natural and smell delish.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post May 26 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #42

Hardcore BUSTie

hsmith - Its expensive, but I do love the Origins Have a Nice Day facial Mosturizer - its not greasy, *and* it smells like oranges! For body, I like the Aveda Daily Light Guard...again, a little on the pricey side, but not greasy, and the smell isn't like walking into a rum and coconut bar. ;)

+Quote Post
hsmith
post May 26 2006, 02:22 AM
Post #43

hi ladies,
I think it's time for me to finally grow up and start using SPF moisturizer. But the ones I've tried in the past have been so... greezy. Ew.
Any recommendations for a good SPF facial moisturizer and a body lotion?

+Quote Post
ladylibrary
post May 22 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #44

Hardcore BUSTie

bare minerals is amazing. i use there all over shimmer color in rose radience on my cheeks and i look all glowy and lovely...like i actually get sleep.

i also love avenno continued radience moisturizer. it makes my skin look like i am actually hanging out outside and it makes my skin sooo soft.

+Quote Post
dirtybunny
post May 22 2006, 10:12 AM
Post #45

BUSTie

Curel Restore & Revive, Bioterm Hydra Detox and Neutrogena Acne Body Wash (the orange one with the little beads).
Those are my absolute best no matter what climate, time of year and whatever other variable you can throw in to reek havoc on one's skin. Mine is really sensitive as I have eczema and break out whenever I treat it. I don't know how much $ and time I've spent trying to figure out what works! But, for the past few years those have been my "go to's"... I think I should be one of those product testers for a magazine, that way they could foot the bill!

+Quote Post
possum
post May 21 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #46

BUSTie

Jason's Vitamin E lotion. My uber-sensitive skin loves this stuff, it's mostly natural (any lotion has to have some preservatives in it), and it's pretty cheap.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tyger
post May 21 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #47

Hardcore BUSTie

i have to come back and restate my badger balm love. i've had one tub for 7 years, and it's still exactly as it was when i bought it. it lasts forever, and i end up mouth-breathing a lot at work (occupational hazard of walking as fast as i jog for a few hours straight, i guess), and it totally stops chapness. also, i used to get a crusty chin from the chinstrap of my face mask when i played ringette, and it totally made it go away.

i love my physician's formula mineral loose powder, but i can't wait to try bare minerals from all the rave reviews it's gotten in here

+Quote Post
knorl05
post May 15 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #48

Hardcore BUSTie

yes yes bare minerals is one of my favorites too... as for hair products, when my hair was long and full, i liked the way it looked with got2be spray in wax in the purple bottle.

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
llamas
post May 15 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #49

Hardcore BUSTie

The Bare Minerals have been claimed!

+Quote Post
llamas
post May 15 2006, 07:15 AM
Post #50

Hardcore BUSTie

Joining in on the Bare Minerals love...

And on that note, I cleaned out my bathroom cabinets this weekend, and found two unopened containers of Bare Minerals: a Fairly Light foundation (the second-lightest shade, but too dark for me!), and a Mineral Veil. Inspired by the lurvely voodoo, I will happily send either or both to whomever PMs me first!

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 12 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #51

Hardcore BUSTie

You are So SO So very welcome turbojenn..... I am just thrilled that YOU are thrilled! Makes me Oh so happy.... I assume you checked out the catalog too.... got some awsome blushes I want too. Something lighter than the WARMTH is what I'm going for..... something peachy and sparkley.....

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post May 12 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #52

Hardcore BUSTie

thanks for the tips maimy!

Voodoo, doll, you blow me away! Thank you SO much for the minerals and brush and balm!! I just applied the minerals, and OMFG, my skin looks radiant! I am totally sold on mineral makeup! And the cute mini buki works so well!! I may head over to sephora tomorrow and see about some blush...ah, another product addiction! At least the minerals last a long time, and once I make a little investment, I should be good for quite awhile!

+Quote Post
maimy
post May 11 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #53

Hardcore BUSTie

Turbo, Larenim sent instructions with the samples I bought (which seem to be set to last impressively well!), but I have to say, I tried for myself instead. The sheet said to start at the jaw and work inward - but I haven't worn makeup that far out on my face for years. I wear as little as possible, and mostly only on chin, nose, under-eyes. I still use a teeny-tiny dot or two of concealer (their powdered concealer didn't work as well as I'd have liked), but then it's basically just powder and go, skipping foundation altogether.

I have used both my puff and a brush, and each method works well. Having the samples gives me confidence to just experiment, knowing I'm not wasting money, but you feel your way quickly with this sort of thing I think.

I've had great luck with a fat, flat brush I have; my rounder brush was not well enough shaped to hold on to or deposit the powder. The flat one is tighter-bristled. I think a fairly dense brush is probably best - soft, but thick.

+Quote Post
raskel
post May 9 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #54

Hardcore BUSTie

oooh the hazelnut coffeemate flavor i love. i only have it when i visit my step dad and he happens to have some. i eat all organic/natural, so it's a delicious, guilt filled treat.

turbojenn, the buki brush works the best to apply the foundation. dip it lightly in the foundation, then swirl it around in the lid and tap it off to get the excess off, and apply it to your face in circular motions. that works. if you have any blemishes, i recommend finding a mineral concealer too.

+Quote Post
gluelita
post May 9 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #55

BUSTie

hehe. powdered death. oh yheah and that was supposed to be cindy crawford.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post May 9 2006, 11:27 AM
Post #56

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Ok, I know I said before that salicylic acid moisturizers (for acne-prone skin) are all the same, but I was wrong. After a year's experimentation, I can say hands down that Vichy's NormaDerm kicks ass over all the others I've tried. Usually my skin gets oily really fast, my pores look huge, and I always have red bumps somewhere...but not when I use this stuff. It costs a lot, but it's sure worth it...

"cancer in a jar"...lol, glowy! We call it "powdered death" here at the women's centre...and use it anyway!

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
glowlita
post May 9 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #57

Hardcore BUSTie

i'm not supposed to tell anyone this but my beauty-product addicted friend heartily endorses the cindy drawford meaningful beauty skincare.

also, i know they are probably cancer in a jar, but i so heart the coffeemate flavor things. so far, french vanilla is best. has anyone tried good flavors?

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post May 8 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #58

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks so much voodoo!!! And you shall have plenty of bpal comin' your way! So mineral makeup artistes, is there a particular technique to applying, a particular brush that you especially like? I think I may make it downtown this weekend, so I could stop by a Sephora if I needed to....

I've got a Brazened Honey LUSH mask drying on my face right now....I love BH so...its really done a wonderful job of starting to clear up my acne scars...and now its off to the bathtub!

Thanks again, voodoo!

+Quote Post
maimy
post May 8 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #59

Hardcore BUSTie

I just tried Larenim, another mineral makeup line. Having only used it twice, I'm not ready to marry up, but it does have a lovely quality of non-cakeyness, especially across the nose, where you can have issues with the slightest skin problem.

Also still using the Olay Regenerist thermal polisher - I've taken to using it in the tub so I can keep wetting my face for maximum thermal-ing, though I still believe that's more a gimmick than genuinely effective. It feels nice, good grapey scent, and it does leave my skin very nice.

And I finally bought Neutrogena's microdermabrasion kit. Have also used this only twice (bought everything on Friday, y'see), but I think I will be happy.

The last happy purchase was L'Oreal's self-tanning spray. Though it seems to work fine, I have been having issues with the spray button. It seems to me really hard to work, and I wonder if I am missing some sort of funky operational quirk or something - from the copy on the package, it seems like it's supposed to spray nonstop, but I can hardly hold the button down to *start* it. And I don't think my arthritis is THAT bad. So I was wondering if there might be some trick I am missing? I know, dorky - but I've missed shit like that before ...

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 5 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #60

Hardcore BUSTie

LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A WINNER HERE! Yeah! turbojenn.....
I assume the email I just got was from you too (jenn s = turbojenn) Well alrighty. So if you will email me your info sometime in the next week, I will let you know as soon as the shipment arrives. I'll even throw in a brand new (not ever used) Baby Buki Brush from my Bare Minerals set cause I will probably never use it and their brushes are pretty good quality. It is a small brush, hence the name Baby Buki, but it's better than nothing and it's FREE too! WOOHOO! This is like the makeup lottery or something, hee hee hee!
Oh..... and I lurves me some BPAL so your swap offer sounds divine and I will most truely appreciate anything BPAL you wish to send this way.......
I'll email you directly from now on.........
Thanks for takin' this stuff off my hands!!!!!!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 09:54 AM