Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

50 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Frustrated Singles
cloverbee
post Sep 6 2006, 12:09 AM
Post #921

Hardcore BUSTie

dani, thanks for that informative post. very interesting stuff to think about there.
has anyone read "he's just not that into you"? in the book, it says if a guy gives you his #, he's basically expecting you to do the work and call him and it means he's just not that......you know. does anyone else have an opinion here? oh, btw, when i say that he gives a girl his #, i am also implying that he didn't ask for hers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dani837
post Sep 5 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #922

Hardcore BUSTie

"Fuck fish in the sea. There's plenty of penis right out there on the streets". :-p

Some psychic said once something that is true: He'll come when you least expect it. And this is true. Haven't you girls noticed that when you stop thinking about wanting a man, BAM, there he appears? It's amazing how that works. The psychic(Sylvia Browne...I'm not sure about her real psychic abilities but she's very wise sometimes) says that men are more psychic than they think they are, and somehow they get this "signal" of getting away from desperate girls laugh.gif

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 5 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #923

sassygrrl

I've only been single for like 2 months, but I just miss going out on dates. It seems whenever I'm single for long periods of time, I see couples everywhere!!

Data, how are the profiles working? I haven't gotten much like from Yahoo personals yet, but I'll keep you posted.

And I'm sick of being almost thirty, and everyone going "So, sassy, when are you going to get married??" Bleh.

I just feel utterly depressed. My bitchy sister all most of my friends from college (gay, bi and straight) are all in relationships.

Sorry for the rant.

+Quote Post
datagirl
post Sep 2 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #924

Hardcore BUSTie

Whino,
I only changed my original profile.
I made it sound more girly and giggly ect ect.
I've changed it now though so hopefully the responses I get are from genuine lefty/indie guys!!Not
a baby yearning for his mama!!! lol. Wish me luck!

I live in Sydney as well and Spring is in the air.I would really love to spend the warm evenings with a
beautiful man. cool.gif (sigh)

+Quote Post
whino
post Sep 1 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #925

BUSTie

Datagirl, did you do two separate profiles and get the responses or did you change the original one?

+Quote Post
datagirl
post Aug 31 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #926

Hardcore BUSTie

I have had a couple of longtermers but now I've been single for about nine months I reckon it's about time I got out there again.The thing is,is that it's just really easy to be hard on yourself but I had no idea that finding a great guy was this hard.I've tried internet dating and that just sucks my self esteme right out the window.
I write songs and paint,I love animals and vote left wing ect ect.What I have found however is that if I put more domesticly inclined things on my profile (for net dating) and not be too interesting I get more replies.I did a seudo profile and it was unbelievable the ammount of replies I got!
Sad but true,especially since I'm a feminist.

+Quote Post
anna k
post Aug 31 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #927

Hardcore BUSTie

I feel for you Emtee. I've never had a boyfriend, and I wouldn't know how to deal with a relationship. I've dated guys and usually found them more interesting as friends than as lovers. I would like to have all the romantic hand-holding sweetie-pie stuff, but I never felt strongly enough about anyone. I tell myself that sex and dating isn't important, but I do long for emotional connections and feeling a longing and interest in someone besides a passing fancy. I'd love to become close to a guy so I could soften my nature and feel less hard-edged and less of a solitary creature.

+Quote Post
emtee
post Aug 31 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #928

Hardcore BUSTie

I am so. Frustrated.

I don’t know why it’s so unrealistic to expect that by my mid-twenties, I will have had at least ONE, or even JUST one relationship. I’ve never had a boyfriend. I’ve dated countless guys, each of them once or twice, and then nothing. I’ve tried setups, blind dates, online dating, meeting people in bars, singles’ mixers, and even speed dating. I’m not trying to get married here, but honestly! What is so wrong with me that no one wants to date me?!

I’m so tired of being the tag-along. I’m sick of hearing people’s happy sappy love stories. I’m tired of explaning, ad naseum, that I don’t have a partner. I’m so fucking sick of being the ‘wacky single one’ that all my coupled friends “live vicariously through”. This is NOT fun anymore.

I give up. I’m not even buying anti-aging moisturizer, and I fucking give up. Obviously I’m some kind of social pariah, unattractive and undesirable to all, so to hell with it.

+Quote Post
xexyz
post Aug 29 2006, 11:38 AM
Post #929

BUSTie

Well, from the other side, I don't think there are any single, childfree women in my area either. Is it unrealistic to expect there to be women in the 24-29 range who are single and childfree?

+Quote Post
cloverbee
post Aug 26 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #930

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, I hear you. The cute ones are always wierd. It's because they've been treated differently for their entire lives. They can't be normal. Plus, if they know they're cute (and which one doesn't?) combined with the differential treatment makes for someone who feels more entitiled which is unattractive to begin with.

+Quote Post
bottleblack
post Aug 23 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #931

BUSTie

Oy, I've been in Vancouver for three months now, and nada. Zilch. Basically if you don't like clubs and bars then you're left high and dry.

+Quote Post
katiebelle2882
post Aug 21 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #932

Hardcore BUSTie

yeah i dont know. i love hooking up, and basically thats what i do in the mean time with certain guys, and of course thats fun, but i never like them for anything more and basically find them annoying once we leave the bedroom lol.

--------------------
There's something about the Irish that is remarkable.-Franois de la Rochefoucauld

+Quote Post
Anita18
post Aug 20 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #933

BUSTie

I'm not really sure why I'm posting here - I'd like someone to snuggle with now and again but I don't want the bother and drama of a relationship, LOL. I guess that means I need a dog or a cat...if only my complex allowed pets! *shakes fist*

I'm shy and I'm an introvert who hates the party/bar scene. I've been a club once and was flattered when a guy asked me to dance...but I just didn't like the experience. Would probably hate hooking up and stuff, so that's out of the question. I have been in one relationship, which was long-term - I met the guy in college since he was friends with someone down the hall. Otherwise I don't have a clue where to meet guys, LOL.

But I don't really feel like bothering to look, really. I feel like I have so much more things to do on my own rather than looking for a relationship, soo...*shrug*

+Quote Post
katiebelle2882
post Aug 20 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #934

Hardcore BUSTie

sooo it appears to me that the cool boys dont even live on this planet!!! whatever, they must be out there somewhere just not anywhere we are:(

i have to say, after a year of being single (and i know this isnt a long time at all) i am feeling frustrated with my life in general. its like i dont even know where to begin meeting guys and part of me doesnt even want to put the effort in to meeting guys for anything other than hooking up (and all that requires is going to a bar with friends). the guy i want doesnt like me back in that way, and really its for the better bc i dont think that would end well at all. the guy i broke up with bc of the guy i like now loves me to death and really be the perfect boyfriend/husband....i am just not sure hes perfect for me, yet i dont see myself ultimately with anyone else. or perhaps, as i already said, i am just too lazy to go looking. mostly cause i dont even know where to look. whatever. i shouldnt bitch, i just feel so, i guess the word is, unsatisfied right now.

--------------------
There's something about the Irish that is remarkable.-Franois de la Rochefoucauld

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Aug 18 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #935

sassygrrl

Katiebelle, must agree with you on that. My last boy was from the suburbs, and never wanted to leave. Hence the breakup.

+Quote Post
mr_falljackets
post Aug 18 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #936

Hardcore BUSTie

nm

--------------------
Nine!

+Quote Post
katiebelle2882
post Aug 18 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #937

Hardcore BUSTie

caroline, i speak from experience when i tell you that the boys in the suburbs are all horrendously boring and wont ever leave the town they grew up in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Aug 17 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #938

sassygrrl

Caroline, they're not in GA either. Everyone here is gay or trying to be a rapper....or nuts. Or a great combo of all three. sad.gif

+Quote Post
caroline_no
post Aug 16 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #939

BUSTie

The cute boys are not in NYC! Or if they are, they are gay or otherwise taken or just plain out of their minds. I think "normal" boys (the ones who aren't model obsessed or with other dysfunctions) might be in the suburbs. Of course, people who live in the suburbs might disagree! The grass is always greener on the other side, blah, blah blah..

+Quote Post
thepointybird
post Aug 16 2006, 06:54 AM
Post #940

Hardcore BUSTie

Hcbeck, I totally know what you mean! A guy who I was chatting to online (from a small town in Sussex) said to me "only in London could a girl like you be single". I found that... bizarre. If I can't find a boy that interests me in a city of 8 million, surely my chances of finding one in some rural hamlet are way smaller still? iT'S SO DEPRESSING. WHO KIDNAPPED ALL THE CUTE BOYS???

+Quote Post

50 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 29, 2014 - 11:55 PM