The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bust: Discuss.
kittenb
post Oct 21 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #1

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

QUOTE(nickclick @ Oct 19 2010, 12:20 PM) *
Vag Magazine
ha ha makin' fun of BUST?

Wow. Watching that brought back some of my most frustrating memories of working at my old hotline job. The meetings where everyone had these big flowery plans that I just knew would amount to nothing (I was right.) Not sure I can even find it that funny as I am currently applying for a different job with the same company. blink.gif

I does drive home why my former supervisor is considering a career in alcoholism.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 19 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #2

Big Fat Bitch

No doubt! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! laugh.gif

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Oct 19 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #3

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Totally! I can't wait for the episode where their intern alienates everyone on their message board!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Oct 19 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Vag Magazine
ha ha makin' fun of BUST?

+Quote Post
mouse
post Nov 22 2009, 01:47 AM
Post #5

Most Likely Procrastinating

can we please please please have something with gabourey sidibe??? like maybe a cover and a fashion shoot and a five page interview where she is TOTALLY AWESOME?

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Aug 11 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #6

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

One of the Windy City Rollers is her sister, humanist.

Speaking of roller derby, has Ellen Page been suggested for an interview?

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Aug 11 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #7

belligerently lazy

May I suggest D'arcy (Wretzky) of Smashing Pumpkins fame. I was just reading her wikipedia page, and that girl has had quite a colorful life. A true rock n' roll lifestyle. It'd probably be good to get some good press these days, or any at all, really. She was a pretty kick ass bass player chick in an extremely male dominated genre of music. Although I hear she's kind of psych ward material these days sad.gif

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
MissB
post Jul 3 2009, 01:54 AM
Post #8

BUSTie

Olive, I'd like to add to your cover ladies list...

Emilie Autumn
Helena Bonham Carter
Yellow Thunder Woman (Of Bastard Fairies fame)
Kathleen Hanna
Indira Varma
Kim Stolz (from ANTM)
Rachael Stirling
Dita von Teese
Anne Hathaway

... and to the featured ladies

ANNIE (new album coming out this September!!!)
Charlotte Martin

--------------------
"When she lowers her eyes she seems to hold all the beauty in the world between her eyelids; when she raises them I see only myself in her gaze." - Natalie Clifford Barney

"I love you for being weak and caressing in my arms..." - Renee Vivien

+Quote Post
shoveit
post Jun 27 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #9

BUSTie

Ditto with loving the labioplasty article. I had read about that kind of procedure before, but I had no idea how populat and widespread it has become. About a week ago I went with a friend to the doctors, and while i was sitting in the waiting room I came across a magazine called something like "Cosmetic Surgery Weekly", or some crap. It was a whole magazine filled with before and after pictures of all kinds of cosmetic surgeries, including really graphic pictures of labiaplasty procedure. I'm talking graphic as in visible stiched and blood around the labia, and this was sitting around a waiting room full of kids. I find cosmetic surgery for purely aesthetic reasons quite frustrating anyway, but this just pissed me off.

Just to add, I did advise the staff, in a nice way, that i didnt think it was appropriate to have material that condoned cosmetic surgery sitting around in a waiting room full of unwell adults and children.

Oh and also.. i thought it was interesting that the whole magazine had only two male images; both of which were for penis enlargements...

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jun 26 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

I just wanted to mention that I really enjoyed the article about labioplasty and the slew of other surgeries that women have in that region. I can't imagine wanting to change my vagina unless something actually happened to it and it changed somehow. I think the most frightening part was reading about women my age who want to get the surgery because they feel like their vag isn't "pretty" enough. I can't imagine feeling so horrible about such a special part of my body. So bravo Bust, that was a great story.

+Quote Post
annabananahannah...
post Jun 26 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

i like maria bamford. i think there should be more articles on women comedians.

i really liked the kathy griffin article too.

--------------------
what y'all lookin' at, biznotch?!

+Quote Post
olivarria
post May 30 2009, 11:10 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

I haven't received the new Kathy Griffin issue yet, but I do have some requests/suggestions for future issues:

- More financial advice, I cannot emphasize this enough. I think this should be a regular feature in every issue.

- Some great cover ladies would be Jennifer Jason Leigh, Wanda Sykes, Debra Winger, Hope Davis, Edie Falco, Jodie Foster, Julianne Moore, Allison Pill, Winona Ryder, and of course the great Sarah Haskins

Some other women that could be featured are Laura Dern, Isabella Rosselini, Joan Didion, Regina Spektor, Martha Plimpton, Dianne Wiest, Ellen Burstyn, and Anne Dudek (of House, Big Love, & Mad Men fame). Also, the film director Jane Campion.

I'm going to go check my mailbox now for the latest issue! xo Olive

--------------------
"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Apr 24 2009, 10:28 AM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

I am not exactly devoted to the magazine, but I get the email updates and think they're fun. I like the playfulness. Makes me smile. smile.gif

ETA: I particularly like the title of the most recent email: Thank Your Maker This Mother's Day.

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Apr 24 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, I have to complain about something. I can't stand the cutesy way that Bust describes what's in its mag. I mean, doesn't anyone else get sick of the silly little rhymes and alliterations and puns? I get emails from Bust about events and things they have on sale and one section of the latest email was called "Breast Sellers". Really, Bust, really?!

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Feb 5 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #15

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I really do like Emma Watson.

As for Kelly, well, it took me awhile to get politicized. Maybe she will catch up? I still love My December.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Feb 5 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #16

the moistiest

yay for amber tamblyn. but i gotta say, the interview was dryer than a memaw's vagina.

may i suggest emma watson for future covers? i'm nowhere near a harry potter fan, but i read this interview, and she seems very level-headed and is a feminist.

as a side note, WTF kelly clarkson??
i love you! why do you hurt me so!?

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Dec 26 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

The only thing that has stopped me from getting a subscription is that a) I'm not always interested in who's on the cover and cool.gif I'm pretty sure that there isn't as much in the way of savings because I'm in Canada.

I like Jenny Lewis and that's one of the reasons that I wanted to get this issue. I was also interested in the stories about women in advertising, cocktails and Estelle. I was just shocked that one of our biggest bookstore chains didn't have it. However, it could have sold out.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Dec 24 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #18

PANTIES! ew.

I think it's pretty widely available in the parts of the US I'm familiar with. Hell, I've even seen it at the checkout counters at Whole Foods! (There's always the option of getting a subscription, you know.)

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 24 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #19

Big Fat Bitch

Y'know, I was surprised to find Bust out here in the sticks, but there she was. I think I may be the only one that buys it & I usually buy two so I can cut them up for art projects. Back home the only market that carried it was Wild Oats, I usually bought mine at the Tattered Cover.

I'm over the whole Jenny Lewis/Rilo Kiley thing, too. I'd rather listen to Karen Dalton or something.

I wasn't pleased about the last one with Sarah Silverman either. SS's schtick is so one note. "OMG! Such a pretty girl & that came out of her mouth?! HI-larious!" Yawn.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
mouse
post Dec 24 2008, 04:06 AM
Post #20

Most Likely Procrastinating

dude sarah haskins should have been on the cover. i'm so sick of jenny lewis.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 20, 2014 - 05:31 AM