The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Old World Busties or: Europe is more than a band from the 80s
indiechick
post May 8 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

i guess i consider myself more german than european. i think it has a lot to do with my mother tongue - it's german, not european.

i have spent two years of my life in the united states (one as a junior in high school somewhere in washington state, and another year as a college student in philadelphia). i agree that i feel more european than german there but it might have to do with the inability of lots of americans to place european countries on the map. europe is just somewhere across the pond. ;-) and i think that europeans have a different set of beliefs and attitudes. i always felt a little bit left out in the united states.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mouni4
post May 7 2006, 07:45 AM
Post #2

BUSTie

Hi,
umpf ...yeh you are right, sorry indiechick it was rather rude, but I'm very new to this forum stuff and am somehow a person who can be embarrased by this kind of questions while for others it may be the most normal thing at all. So, I come from Dortmund.

+Quote Post
maryjo
post May 7 2006, 01:16 AM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey indiechick, I thought I'd post to say hello since there seems to be a bit of resistance to any kind of conversation here... Maybe it's a linguistic/cultural difference that makes me read it as rudeness, but whatever.

Ich spreche kein Deutsch (except for the wee bit I retain from studying it for two weeks in school) and I live in the UK - are we counting that as Europe? I hope so, it drives me mad when people don't.

I'm actually leaving Europe for the US to study for my PhD in three months - I'm a bit nervous about it. Looking forward to it too, but I never feel more European than when I'm in America.

+Quote Post
indiechick
post May 6 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

i guess if you have nothing personal to contribute, you might be posting on the wrong board, then. this board is very personal and lives by the experieces of the busties posting.

+Quote Post
mouni4
post May 6 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #5

BUSTie

Hi Indiechick,
I don't think that this thread has died anyway, second: to me it matters how people use (or misuse)
forums - and by the way, I don't answer personal questions on forums.

+Quote Post
indiechick
post May 3 2006, 05:25 AM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

this thread nearly died so it doesn't matter that much. anywhere, where are you from then since you didn't answer my question in german?

+Quote Post
mouni4
post May 2 2006, 03:56 PM
Post #7

BUSTie

Hi indiechick,
how about talking here in english? Only a guess, cause for me it's somehow more fitting for an international site (forum). and as you said earlier on this thread "i didn't intend to shut other people out" if you don't intend to do that - then simply forget about it!! 'nuff said - on with the party!!

+Quote Post
indiechick
post Apr 30 2006, 12:43 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

hallo mouni, wo denn her aus deutschland? ich bin aus berlin und immer noch in berlin.

+Quote Post
mouni4
post Apr 30 2006, 05:48 AM
Post #9

BUSTie

Hi,
here's another bustie from Germany. I'm all for developing the European spirit and always liked getting to know people from different places. The thing for me is, that seeing things in a political way divides everything and complicates already an open perception of what's happening.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 14, 2014 - 10:35 PM