Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> sooo tired... can't sleep. INSOMNIA.
candycane_girl
post Jan 11 2010, 02:25 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

omfg it's nearly 4am and I"m not tired at all. I am going crazy not being able to sleep. I just want to sleep!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Nov 27 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #2

It's Calamity Jenn

This seemed like the best thread to ask this in. Anyone here have incidents of sleep apnea?
Because something odd happened a couple of nights ago. I don't know if I would characterize it as sleep apnea, but it was rather odd and startling.
Or maybe I just imaged it all.
I woke up partway. I was at this weird state of waking where I'm not sure who I am, where I am, which way is up, down, left, right, and what's that big furry thing next to my head. Well this time, I also felt that my respirations were slooooow and shaaallloooww. I was under the impression that I was about to die. When I finally woke up completely, I did a fair bit of coughing.
I don't know if I imagined it, or if it was really a problem. So I'm asking you all if you've experienced something similar.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 14 2009, 03:26 AM
Post #3

Big Fat Bitch

It's 3:37am. Do you know where your AP is? Sitting in her office not working. Listening to music, which really isn't helping, she wants to go dancing.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Nov 4 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #4

sassygrrl

Damn Daylight Savings time.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Oct 29 2009, 02:37 AM
Post #5

sassygrrl

Fucking A. Cramps and back pain due to the period. Woke myself up and the puppy sleeping on the bed.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Oct 18 2009, 10:20 PM
Post #6

sassygrrl

Damn Sun insomnia....

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Aug 26 2009, 04:42 AM
Post #7

sassygrrl

p, are you and I the same person? That keeps happening to me as well!
As for today, my stupid cat and dogs woke me up at 5:30 chasing eachother...

+Quote Post
p_176
post Aug 23 2009, 06:12 AM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

i had my first nightmare in a while yesterday afternoon. and, this week i keep waking up with headaches :-( i wish the rain would stop.

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Aug 21 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, probably due to stress, and I tend to wake up in the early morning and have trouble getting back to sleep. I always wake up between 5 and 7, which makes going back to sleep almost useless because I barely have time to get back to sleep before I have to be up again, but those last few hours are some of the most important, and these false starts really fuck up my day. I don't usually have a problem getting to sleep - a few pages of a really dense or boring book and I'm out like a light - but when it's already light outside it really doesn't work so well. I work at a fantastic health food store where they sell natural sleep aids in every form you could think of - teas, loose herbs, tinctures, pills, aromatherapy sprays, etc. I found these two teas that are supposed to treat insomnia with herbs like chamomile, skullcap, hops and passion flower. Does anyone have any experience with these teas or the herbs in them? I noticed Aural recommended chamomile, so I'll have to give that a try.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Aug 18 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #10

the moistiest

i took an hour nap after work today. i will probably be up *three* hours past when i normally go to bed. why is this disproportionate?

i feel like i am more awake now than i've been all day.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 13 2009, 11:55 PM
Post #11

Big Fat Bitch

Looks to be another long night.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 17 2009, 05:51 AM
Post #12

new highs in personal lows daily!

Y'know, I'd call you, but we both know my phone would die.

awwwww man!

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 17 2009, 04:54 AM
Post #13

Big Fat Bitch

Y'know, I'd call you, but we both know my phone would die. And just so you know, I've been drinking ginger ale & Orange Crush. No caff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 17 2009, 04:45 AM
Post #14

new highs in personal lows daily!

hi la! wub.gif

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 17 2009, 04:21 AM
Post #15

Big Fat Bitch

*bump*

Up again. Don't think I'm gonna bother sleeping.

--------------------

+Quote Post
littlehells
post Jul 10 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #16

Fellow bad slepper here as well. I never used to have trobule sleeping I used to be able to crash and sleep the whole way through but I wake up lots and toss and turn and stress. Normally now I get up around 2 for a couple of hours and go back to bed. I have trobule also shutting down my brain. I always seem to be stressing about work, money, flat etc. I get up and make a hot drink and normally watch some trash on the horror channel and I can fall back to sleep quite easily.

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Jul 9 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

Things I have noticed that help me--keep in mind these don't work all the time.

1. No coffee, caffienated sodas, or tea after 2pm.
2. Regular exercise, but not within 2 hours of your sleep time.
3. No TV, computer, loud music, movies, or riveting reading 1 hour before bedtime
4. this is the most important one--REGULAR BEDTIMES!!! Get in bed before 11pm every night without fail. Even one night off can set off days upon days of circadian rhythms.
5. NO SMOKING or secondhand smoke. Nicotine is a powerful stimulant, and even being in a smoky space and not smoking yourself you can ingest enough to keep you awake.
6. This one is obvious, but NO ENERGY DRINKS OR DIET PILLS! Besides being bad for your heart due to being massive amounts of amphetamines, they will rob you of sleep even faster than coffee or Mountain Dew.
7. earplugs and sleep masks are your friend.
8. alcohol is actually not a good idea, because while it may help you go to sleep, it will make your sleep lest restful. Ditto for over the counter sleep aids and things like Nyquil.

Even with all these aids, if you are prone to insomnia you may still have it once in a while. Turn the clock around so you can't obsess over how late it is, and take a boring book to bed if you wake up. Stressing out about not being able to sleep will make it worse. As counter-productive as it seems, it's better to relax with a book at 3 in the morning than toss and turn and get angry and upset.

Insomnia is epidemic in this country, and it sucks big donkey ass.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Jun 27 2009, 12:43 AM
Post #18

sassygrrl

Freaking hot flash...

It's 3 a.m., and woke up drenched. It also doesn't help that I'm thinking about the dog being sick either. Plus, I found out the real estate agent who had an appointment with tomorrow basically canceled on me. Asshat.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Mar 20 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

My problem lately isn't falling asleep but waking up in the middle of the night. I don't think I've ever fallen asleep so well as I have been lately. I just tell myself I'm not allowed to think about anything real (work, family, friends, upcoming plans, etc) but just let my mind wander and I'm out in probably 15 minutes. I can't ever remember falling asleep so quickly. But often some time between 5-7 I wake up and stay that way. My heart starts to race and my mind won't shut off and I'll sort of fade in and out of restless periods. I'm hoping this passes once winter is finally out of sight.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Mar 19 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #20

PANTIES! ew.

Another useless post. I blame the computer screen (and coffee in the 4:00pm hour). And cramps. Damn it all. I want to fall in a deep, restful sleep, the kind where I wake up 9 hours later not thinking I moved from the position I fell asleep in and feel 1000% better than the day before.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 1, 2014 - 05:00 PM