Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey Baby - What's your Sign? The Astrology Thread
Queen Bull
post Aug 13 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

Ok, so this is like double posting or something, since im right below as well, but i digress....

Could a Saturn return start to affect you as early as. say.... 19? ha. Just wondering because things have been kinda gummy lately, and does that imply that when i hit 27 or so, my world is gonna be spun around like its being flushed? *nail bites*

But anyway, to introduce myself astrologically, ha, ive already posted in the Newbie thread, but , im all about busting down barriers. XD

Anyway, I was really giddy to ind this thread, I think its great that people are discussing Astrology outside of the guidelines of Cosmo Mags perfect love match pages. *not that there is anything expressly wrong with those either.

But i digress, yet again, ha, im a little [ok, ALOT] ADD, apologies. OK. --

Im a Taurus, well, Taurus/Snake, depending on your particular School of astrology. I fit the bill pretty well, as i posted a moment ago, i found the physical description uncanny, even from the semi accurate halls of wikipedia. But beyond that, Im earthy and hippie, not quite dippy, i tend to stay pretty grounded, im calm, until that one thing sets me off, then im literally a raging MESS. I have a strong Libra rising, so i get alot of that coming through. Over all though, im pretty text book to my influences, right down to a healthy sensuality.

ha. So i guess thats it, Im sure ill be posting alot in this thread as i love this stuff, so see you around ladies! smile.gif [and gentlemen, to be PC...]

--------------------
I love gentiles. In fact, protestant spotting is one of my favorite pastimes. :) ooh.. whats that? me thinks its a blog
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Queen Bull
post Aug 13 2008, 09:59 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(edie52 @ Nov 4 2007, 03:13 PM) *
I don't know much about Saturn return... from what I understand it happens in your late twenties?

This is way late but I just checked out the link that doodlebug posted below. Reading the physical description of a Gemini was totally uncanny. Almost everything was right on, and some unusually specific things: "birdlike" features, very long arms, prematurely grey hair. Weird.

ha, i know this was a way back when post, but, I noticed that too with the Taurean features. From the thick curly hair to a rather *cough* voluptuous nature. haha. That right there is one of the things that draws me to astrology, its one of those kinda 'new age*' fads, that can be applied to the actual person. smile.gif

* i use that term loosely since people have been looking at the stars since they could see that far.

--------------------
I love gentiles. In fact, protestant spotting is one of my favorite pastimes. :) ooh.. whats that? me thinks its a blog

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Aug 2 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Ooo, I just noticed this thread. As much as I would love to pretend I'm not into the 'new age-iness' of astrology, I do find it kind of fun. I don't read my horoscope every day; hardly ever, in fact. But if I'm thumbing through a 'women's mag' with a horoscope section, I'll read it for fun & kicks. I know next to nothing about moon signs, planetary placement, retrograde, and all the other stuff that goes into an astrological reading. I generally tend to use astrology when I'm meeting someone new for the first time, whether a date or a friend. The two books I most often turn to are Linda Goodman's "Love Signs," which has a chapter for every astrological combination, with both male and female sun signs (e.g., male Virgo/female Scorpio, and vice versa), and Suzanne White's "The New Astrology," which is a very interesting hybrid of western and Chinese astrology. She wrote a chapter combining all the western signs with all the Chinese signs (e.g., Libra Snake, Libra Horse, Libra Monkey, Libra Dragon, etc.). I really like the combination of western and Chinese astrology and Suzanne's take on some of the signs. She can be kind of harsh at times, but overall, I find it a lot of fun, and it's obvious she really put a lot of work into the book.

To get down to the nitty gritty, I'm an Aries; an Aries/Rooster, if we're doing the western/Chinese thing. I'm definitely not the typical Aries written about in most astrology books, though. Most of the ones they write about are kids who had good parenting and could develop that innate self-confidence that supposedly comes so naturally to most Aries people. I was raised by a parent with borderline personality disorder, which meant she was uber hyper-critical, narcissistic, and literally unable to accept and understand anyone else's feelings but her own. That didn't do a lot to foster the supposed 'natural' Aries confidence and extroversion, so I don't really exhibit those behaviors. However, I *do* have a lot of personal strength, which is maybe part of my Aries inheritance. If I really believed in all that stuff. As it is, I just look at it as a positive personality trait, one I'm fortunate to have.

Anyway, if you're interested in checking out your own western/Chinese horoscope, here is a link that you might find interesting. It takes you directly to Suzanne White's page, which does feature some marketing for her book. But if you scroll down the page and enter your birthdate, you can read a free snippet of what Suzanne wrote about your "new astrology" sign in her book. I am, apparently, "the crafty chatterbox." Chatterbox...well, yeah. Crafty? I'm not so sure. I'm not really into craft projects and I've never been a very strategic thinker/planner. I've never been very good at disguising my intentions.

Ah, well. All in fun.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
persimmon_grrrl
post Aug 2 2008, 08:58 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

bump

+Quote Post
djennma2000
post Jan 8 2008, 04:51 AM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, while your "official" Saturn Return doesn't happen until you're 27 1/2 (the length of time it takes Saturn to get its cranky ass around the sky once), depending on what aspects (angles w/in the chart) it's making/made w/other planets, you could start feeling it's effects as soon as 25 or continue making them well into 30.
Your best bet would probably be to get a chart (www.astro.com is a good site) and look at where Saturn is and what angles it makes w/other planets. There's a minor shakedown that occurs in your early 20's that gives you a heads-up to what you'll need to look at during your SR~around 25 or so.

In any case, I'm sorry if things are going badly for you! :/ SR's aren't ALL bad, though--just MASSIVELY life-changing. I had my daughter when I was 27, and she's CERTAINLY been "life-changing"!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jan 7 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #6

the moistiest

so star, i don't fit into the saturn return age bracket, but i'm assuming there's not a hard and fast rule for those eligible? 'cos i think the description given in that link is my current state of affairs.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Nov 10 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #7

brown delicious

thanks edie!

ETA: while looking through the thread. i found a reference to this link: http://www.newage-directory.com/saturn.html

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
edie52
post Nov 4 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know much about Saturn return... from what I understand it happens in your late twenties?

This is way late but I just checked out the link that doodlebug posted below. Reading the physical description of a Gemini was totally uncanny. Almost everything was right on, and some unusually specific things: "birdlike" features, very long arms, prematurely grey hair. Weird.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Nov 4 2007, 09:07 AM
Post #9

brown delicious

zoya and i were chatting about saturn's return to our charts...and i was wondering if any of you ladies had any more info about it. from what my naturopath said...saturn's return is part of the reason i had such a difficult time last year....

--------------------

+Quote Post
anna k
post Mar 9 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

I love reading Elle's horoscope today:

"Because Libras are equal parts nerd and sex kitten, having intellectual arguments with your partner is your idea of foreplay."

That is true. I do look forward to being able to argue with my partner and be real about it.

+Quote Post
wombat
post Jan 2 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #11

Dragon Velocity

Yeah, I don't mean that nobody can read for anyone else, if they are there then their hands and minds are affecting the cards, and they are participating intentionally and they can discuss it first hand.

I just mean that if someone comes to me and says, "Tell me what the cards say about 'Jake'" the reading won't really be referencing 'Jake' in any objectively truthful way, it will just reflect our own feelings about him back to us.

Just to clarify what I had meant.

But, I guess sometimes people ignore parts of their feelings in that regard as well, so it could still be helpful.

I agree about putting them in order and then shuffling them. Even looking at each one and "communing" with it a bit. The subconscious mind has a large, large, filing capacity that is painful to hold in the conscious mind all the time.

eta:

For readings, This is free, easy to use and fairly substantial.

http://www.osho.com/

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 1 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #12

brown delicious

jeesh doodlebug! another site to cruise! i noticed that it took from other sites i've read. but, i still cruised it nonetheless.

hey, does anyone know what it means on your astrology profile where it says true node? i've never figured out what it means. my true node is in scorpio.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Dec 28 2006, 02:32 AM
Post #13

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

You're welcome, stargazer! It's a pretty engrossing site, isn't it? I didn't think I was so astrology-obsessed....heh.

ETA: I also found this to be a really well-done site. Unfortunately, it's not finished yet, so it only goes up to Libra. It's a non-commercial site, and the person writing it does a little bit at a time. I've been waiting over a year for Sagittarius to come up!!! *le sigh*

poet, that sounds like a cool thing to do for folks.

I wish I could interpret tarot for others, but it never works that way. I don't think I know the cards well enough...and the Motherpeace deck doesn't lend itself to traditional interpretations! But I am happy to let my closest friends use my deck and book, though.

Also, I don't necessarily consider the tarot as predictive, personally speaking, so much as containing wisdom that I can interpret and digest according to what's going on in my life at the time, or according to what my expectations and desires are, etc. I don't know if that's something that can be done with a traditional deck, but the Motherpeace deck definitely lends itself to that.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
hiddenpoet
post Dec 28 2006, 01:29 AM
Post #14

BUSTie

perhaps i should explain more. i didn't do a reading for myself every month but every month i would do them for friends or friends of friends or whoever wanted one. it was fun. i of course never accepted payment. when i read the cards for them, i let the other person shuffle my deck until it felt right to them. then i would lay them out and interpret. also before each reading i would separate the deck into it's order in order. wands going from ace to king etc. so then we all unconsciously knew where all the cards were within the deck after it's shuffle. that's how the readings were so astoundingly accurate.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 28 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #15

brown delicious

thanks doodlebug for the link! i've been cruising the site ever since!

--------------------

+Quote Post
wombat
post Dec 27 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #16

Dragon Velocity

I feel weird about reading for people, or them reading for me.

I think the cards simply point out parts of our lives that we are not paying attention to. I believe we arrange the cards, somehow knowing what they are.

This has been proven to me time and time again.

Sometimes I will be bothered by a bad reading, so I don't read on every moon (it would be a full moon for me) or every cross-quarter.

It's been a long time since I read. I wait until after the outcome has occurred and sometimes I wait even longer than that.

I seldom read the cards "about" another person to myself, if ya know what I mean. I'm not arrogant enough to think it's really about them, it is about my own feelings about them and so not the objective truth that I would be seeking.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
hiddenpoet
post Dec 25 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #17

BUSTie

i used to do Tarot readings once a month on the new moon for friends or whoever they brought along at the coffeehouse. i havent done a reading in almost a year partially because i just dont want want know. i could go buy a new deck but like Bjork's big time sensuality,
"I don't know my future after this weekend! .. And i don't want to."

it stopped being fun for me so i lied and said my deck got ruined. i paid for that lie because later on my deck did get ruined!

+Quote Post
wombat
post Dec 24 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #18

Dragon Velocity

Well, thanks for that, doodle.

That explains it. My Mars is in Scorpio.

I have four planets that are in the signs they rule, and have the moon on the opposite side from all the rest. The "bucket" formation, meaning my intensity is channelled into expressing emotions/creativity. As a life purpose.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Dec 24 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #19

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

*delurks*

This is a really cool site for astrology....you can click on "signs of the zodiac" and read your profile for your moon sign, ascendent, venus, mars, etc. And click on the "astrology of love and sex" to find your venus and mars signs!

I am a Sagittarius sun, Taurus moon, Leo rising....Capricorn venus and Libra mars.

I am not supergreat at tarot-reading, but I also did a tarot reading on the Solstice, which was most excellent, and eerily on-target. I use the MotherPeace deck, which are round cards. They are feminist/goddess-based.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
wombat
post Dec 23 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #20

Dragon Velocity

Ooh, I've got that. I relate more to the Scorpio or Sag sex prefs but according to Martine Woolfolk and some others, your sex life goes by your Venus placement which in my case would be Libra. grrrr.

Does anyone do Tarot readings on the Sun and Moon holidays? I've never read a book saying to do it then, but i have the urge. The one for Solstice was excellent.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 23, 2014 - 07:14 AM