Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

27 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Tread Softly Because You Tread Upon My Dream[Shoes]s": The Footwear Thread
designermedusa
post May 27 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #501

Hardcore BUSTie

mornington, those red shoes are adorable.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mornington
post May 25 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #502

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

*ahem*

weeeeeeeeee're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz!
so.. they were reduced in house of frasier. I couldn't resist!

and.. I am so loving clarks right now. But they have lots of cute shoes they've put these horrid knobbly catpoo-yellow rubber soles on - even wedges.

I'm having a shoe-boast. excuse me.

divalla - the party feet, which are just like those insolia things, are removable, and washable. They haven't done any damage to my shoes either. I heart them as much as i heart my new shoes

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 24 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #503

Hardcore BUSTie

ok... so I have picked out a couple of pairs of espadrilles from that web site I mentioned earlier.... I'm a little sad that most the pairs I LOVE are not available (right now) in my size.... but I will keep checking in..... I'm thinking they will be cute with jeans.... and skirts

+Quote Post
divalla
post May 24 2006, 10:58 AM
Post #504

Hardcore BUSTie

I've read about Insolia inserts a little bit. They sound pretty good, but I want to know how something that goes under your heel, the part of your foot with the least amount of pressure on it while you're wearing heels, is supposed to make the ball of your foot feel better, especially in the many sandals that offer NOTHING to cushion that part, even though it bears your entire weight. I'm also not sure if they're removable - I'd put them in some shoes, but not any of my expensive ones if it could damage the lining.

I bought my first pair of espadrilles this year. They're fairly low heeled and made by Born. OMG, they're comfortable. I wish the soles of all my shoes felt like that.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post May 24 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #505

it's cards on the table time

I just found about 5 perfect pairs of shoes at Schuh. How could I have forgotten Schuh?? They have the cutest cornflower blue heeled mary janes! (Now that I've spent any and all the money I have... Curses!)

Voodoo, I'm not in the US so can't help I'm afraid...

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 24 2006, 08:56 AM
Post #506

Hardcore BUSTie

margot - i just checked out espadrillesetc.com and they have some very pretty shoes! I love the black ones with the "valentine" embroidery on the toe.... so so pretty
you're lucky you can get them so easily where you live!
thinking i might order some for the summer!

Oh, but what exactly is "cheap" to you? cause on the website even the basic ones were like $50.00 US and up...... maybe it's because you can buy locally that they maybe cost you less? lucky lucky you!

+Quote Post
margot
post May 24 2006, 07:31 AM
Post #507

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello. I live in Spain, and I'm LOVING espadrilles. They so comfy, and come in all fabrics here. And they're cheap! I got some high wedgy ones in sort of ruched gold fabric. (When I read that, it sounds hideous) Also, I got my 2yr old daughter a cute little pair in lime green. I'm after red polka-dot next.....

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 23 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #508

Hardcore BUSTie

I have found the most DIVINE pair of shoes in a Nordstroms advert! they are "michelle K" and I have searched the web trying to find this exact pair but have had no luck so far.... I tried to scan the magazine page so I could show it here but I can't get it to convert to something I can link.
The shoes are choco brown suede sneaks with 2 narrow straps that go across the top of the foot and velcro down and each strap has a BRIGHT green "michelle K" and "mK" on them and the stitching all over the shoe is in BRIGHT green thread and there are 2 insets on the outer part of the shoe that are kind of a wavy strip running from ankle to sole and then a smaller strip and the inset design has a brown and BRIGHT green on light brown kind of snake skin looking print.... the sneaks are VERY slimline, like climbing sneaks (not chunky at all) and they slip on.... I think the velcro straps are just for tightness or whatever.... there are also some areas on the shoe that look like a canvas type fabric that looks to be brown snake skin print too....
I just love these shoes but am having no luck with finding this particular color / style combo.... I wish I could post the pic....

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post May 16 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #509

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Ah, Party Feet! They are my life saver! As is alcohol, the more you drink the less you feel the pain ... until the morning after.

I am NOT a heels person except for very special pairs I own and wear on special occasions.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
mornington
post May 16 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #510

I've tried a similar thing by scholl - party feet. I heart them; I put them in whenever I wear heels & I probably wear my shoes for a couple hours longer than I could otherwise. As the insolia ones cover the whole sole, I imagine they'd be way better.

+Quote Post
chani
post May 15 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #511

Hardcore BUSTie

Anyone heard of or tried Insolia inserts? I love the look of heels, but rarely wear them because I'm a big wimp for foot pain. I ordered some and will report back! The one pair of comfy heels I have are BCBGirls black stilettos with fabulous flexible rubber soles. I lurve them soooo much!

+Quote Post
divaintraining
post May 3 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #512

Hardcore BUSTie

My posture needs help, but boy those shoes are not my style at *all*, the Rhapsody looks like it might be cute on the right person, but that is certainly not me.

That is a great idea to wear dance shoes as street shoes, I'm gonna look into those.

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 3 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #513

Hardcore BUSTie

Double Post - Sorry!
octinoxate - here is a link to a pic of the dance shoes I was talking about. You would have to ask if they are available without taps and I think these particular ones are leather, but maybe you could find another site with some non leather ones. This will just give an idea of the style I was referring to. Good luck on your search!

http://www.dancewear.com/dancewear/product.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=2053&pf_id=P AOHADDGFDHIIICO&

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 3 2006, 11:33 AM
Post #514

Hardcore BUSTie

octinoxate - I was a dancer with a company, many years ago, and performed all dance styles and I really really loved wearing the 2 1/2" to 3" heeled, womens tap shoe WITHOUT taps for my ballroom (salsa included) dancing. They were sturdy black shoes with a slightly rounded toe and a strap across the foot near the ankle and the heel was sturdy enough to withstand the movement but not too thick or square to look un-elegant. They may not be what you're looking for but I loved them. I'm not sure what they were made of, but they may come in man made materials. If I can find a pic, I will post it here.

mermaid - those sandals are kind of ugly but I do agree with you about the Aphrodite ones, they are cool!

+Quote Post
mermaidgirl13
post May 3 2006, 11:19 AM
Post #515

Hardcore BUSTie

I just looked into these negative heel sandals. They are supposed to be really good for posture, therefore good for back and foot pain.

I found them through and ad in the most recent Bust.

www.earth.us

Some of them aren't too pretty, but I really like the aphrodite ones.

+Quote Post
dusty
post May 2 2006, 01:39 PM
Post #516

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks, Sonik!

+Quote Post
_octinoxate
post May 1 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #517

Hardcore BUSTie

Any salseras in here? I want to get more serious about salsa dancing and I figure one part of that is to get appropriate shoes instead of fiddling around with my Payless mary janes. But I have no idea what's best to wear. Also, I'd really strongly prefer not to wear leather, so if you had any links to companies that could accommodate that, I'll love you forever!

Thanks.

+Quote Post
sonik
post Apr 28 2006, 04:35 AM
Post #518

Hardcore BUSTie

Ah...i found a picture re: lip service Fluevog:

http://www.fluevog.com/gifs/jfnews-may-13-05_07.jpg

--------------------
"Oh, The Constitution--that pesky thing."

+Quote Post
sonik
post Apr 28 2006, 03:54 AM
Post #519

Hardcore BUSTie

Dusty, the lip service series are out of stock..they're not on the site anymore.

I wore high heeled boots at a new years eve party and my (male) friends were all like 'are those new?' And i said no, because they weren't. And a friend of mine said 'you are not like *that*, are you?' He meant 'girly girl with shoe obsession', since i'm regarded as 'one of the boys'.
Well i should come out of my shoe closet, dammit! I burp loudly, drink beer, make poo jokes and laugh about absurd humour. I'm cool, so please let me have my shoe obsession, k?

I hear you, Luci. Vintage is great (if not overpriced). It's like rummaging through the box with old clothes when i was playing when a wee one.

Black Truffle...sometimes i think it's a blessing those stores are not within my reach;)

--------------------
"Oh, The Constitution--that pesky thing."

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 27 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #520

well... according to the Fluevog website...

Black Truffle which looks like shoe whore heaven anyway. There's an email on the page

and I'm looking for the other. All I have is the shop, which is called "Totally..." and is in London. which is totally not helpful at all. And a phone number.

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 30, 2014 - 06:33 PM