21 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> She's Crafty...the Revenge
voodoo_princess
post Jun 27 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #381

Hardcore BUSTie

http://www.zzzdog.com/index.htm

Click on the "BEVERLY" link at the top of the page..... this will take you to her work..... it's awsome.....

I love it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 27 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #382

ooh! website?

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post Jun 27 2006, 11:40 AM
Post #383

Hardcore BUSTie

BUMP*
I went to the Tennessee Artisans and Craft Festival a couple of weeks ago at Centennial Park and got the most awsome "charm / pendant" if you wanna call it that.....
3 dimensional heart made of clay, glazed red with small nails and screws stuck in it all around the side edges and then raku fired.... a heavy duty staple was stuck in the top to make a "loop" prior to firing and is used for stringing "pendant" onto a cord.....
it is wicked awsome and i put it on a length of heavy duty black beading cord so i can wear as a (somewhat dangerous) necklace.... the nails and screws are inserted so that the sharp points are stuck into the heart and the heads are sticking out..... very very savage! i love it!
if i ever get batteries for the digi cam, i'll post a pic...... the woman who made them had all kinds of cool mixed media stuff, very dark and twisted type stuff (reminded me of a TOOL video) and here hubby made some wicked cool pottery figures etc..... i got their card and i think i'll get more of their works.....

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 23 2006, 05:24 AM
Post #384

Hardcore BUSTie

wow treehugger - are you skilled with the woodworking at all? with the right tools and such you could really come up with a great work space.... like a beading table with a space with dowels set in to slide your spools onto and hooks to hang your tools on and the magni-glass could clamp to the side of the beading table so you could swing it over when needed.... see, my dad is a fly fisherman and happens to be a woodworker too and he made this amazing work desk and had one of those magni-glasses and all sorts of places for spools and tools and it was just too cool and something like that would totally work for beading.... the spools could go on in set dowels or you could do the whole "overhead" thing and run a rod just slightly above "sitting" head level and thread the spools on there so you could just reach up and pull down what you need.... then your table could have like a back piece that comes up so you could put hooks and hang all your tools and they would be right in front of your face while your sitting there and all you would have to do is reach forward for what you want.... then you could have drawers and use those clear plastic tackle box things with all the dividers to separate bead and such, just remove the lids for use and put them back on for storage....
these are just a few ideas

+Quote Post
treehugger
post May 23 2006, 04:49 AM
Post #385

cryostat bitch

So..are there any jewelry makers/wire wrapping, beading, and hemp artists in the house? That's my crafting passion. I'm recently, now that I don't live in a derelict shack anymore, I will have more time to do those things and I'm wanting to set myself up with a workspace. I'm trying to decide what'd be the best setup.

I'd need some way of holding spools of wire, hemp, and beading threads. Some way of organizing beads and pendants. Some way to keep my pliers and wire snippers organized. Probably a Dremel tool on a drill press setup. I have a lighted magnifying glass thingy that my guy got me for christmas. I just need something to clamp it to!

Probably some sort of template for typical necklace/bracelet/anklet sizes.

Now I just want to get a workspace going. :-)

Any ideas? I sort of have a vision but I'm a little clueless!

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 20 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #386

Hardcore BUSTie

vesi - oh the possibilities!!!!! I love all things Asian / Oriental so the fans sound like fun! and the table sounds like it's going to be beautiful when you finish it.... post a pic when you've finished, if you can...

+Quote Post
vesicapisces
post May 20 2006, 07:31 AM
Post #387

Hardcore BUSTie

Went to a pre-rummage sale last night - huge sale, at the pre-sale you pay $2 to get in and the prices are doubled, but you get first pick of the goodies. I scored a whole box of fans for $6 - most of them are from Asian airlines (Thai Air, Japan Airlines, Cathay Pacific) and were apparently given out to passengers. Also two sandalwood fans! I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but I'm psyched at the possibilities!

Also got a really cool little Moroccan-style side table for my bedroom - it's been badly painted over but I'm going to repaint it in turquoise and rose and gold.

--------------------

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 16 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #388

Hardcore BUSTie

blanche - No prob, really..... anything to help Grammy out.... :-)

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 16 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #389

Hardcore BUSTie

blanche - thanks so much. I contacted the company I buy through and got some generic answer that didn't really tell me anything. They claim their flavor oils are for "favoring" not scenting, even though they have NO flavor what-so-ever and then suggested that I purchase other oils from them for scenting my shampoos etc. Sounded to me like they just wanted me to buy some more oils because they really couldn't give me any reason that the oils I have are not appropriate for scenting. That have 100% yummy smell-good-ness and 0% flavor, so I'm gonna use them anyway...... If my hair falls out, then.... I'll just be rockin that bald look, hey?
Here is the addy and phone number for a place that has embroidery ribbon

RibbonSmyth's
PO BOX 416
Fountainville, PA
1-215-249-9096
They do have a web site and maybe you could look at it for your Gramm or she could just call or write them. I checked them out and they have some pretty stuff.

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 15 2006, 05:13 AM
Post #390

Hardcore BUSTie

No, there aren't any ingredients listed on the bottle and I checked the website and couldn't find one there. Maybe I missed it. The "flavors" I have are BUTTERCREAM (smells like cupcakes), STRAWBERRY, PEACH and HONEY.
I have emailed the company lab and am waiting, now, for them to let me know if there is something about these oils that would make them a "no no" for hair products.....
Thanks for the advice pepper..... I'll check the net too for oils info.... just wasn't sure what to search for....

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 14 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #391

there isn't an ingredients list on the bottle? if not call or email the manufacturer and ask. oil of cinnamon should taste like cinnamon, not sweet cinnamon. i'd be surprised if they have sugar in them at all.
use away in cosmetics, shampoo, soap etc. just be sure to research the properties of the oils. citrus can sensitize the skin to sunlight, lots of other oils are strong and need to be diluted properly. get a book and read up.

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 14 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #392

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a question here..... anyone feel free to offer your 2 cents.....
I have ALOT of "flavored" oils from The Sage that I have used for making lip balms and I am wanting to use them to make "foody" shampoos and conditioners. Can anyone think of a reason why these oils might NOT work for this purpose? They call them "flavored" but I can detect NO flavor or sweetness at all, so they don't seem to have sugar (or very very little) and they ARE cosmetic grade oils. Maybe they call them "flavored" because they are food scents? I might try it anyway. I mean if it's ok for something as sensitive as lips (and massage products according to The Sage site) then it should be ok for shampoo and such, right? Anyone with experience making shampoos and conditioners, let me know what you think. Or if you have experience with oils and mixing them.
Thanks!!!!!!

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 7 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #393

Hardcore BUSTie

http://www.makeyourcosmetics.com/recipes/index.asp?cat=hfh

For all of you who enjoy do-it-yourself face, hair and body care products, check out some of these recipes. I love this site!

+Quote Post
lot49
post May 4 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #394

Hardcore BUSTie

awww, so cute voodoo!!!

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 3 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #395

ooh, pippi longstockings monzie! i lurves her!

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 3 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #396

Hardcore BUSTie

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i71/StarFlowerz/100_0241.jpg

try this...... i think i did it right..... i'm kind of PC dumb, you know?

+Quote Post
lot49
post May 3 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #397

Hardcore BUSTie

Yah, I can't see the pics either voodoo...it's asking me to register.

Thanks for the Dick Blick suggestion! I've gotten painting supplies from them several times before, but for some reason, I never thought of them for mosaics stuff.

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 3 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #398

can't see your pics, try a photobucket account for links.

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 3 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #399

Hardcore BUSTie

WOW..... TRIPLE post but OH well, not like it's super busy here anyway!!!!! hee hee hee.
lot49 - Have you ever seen the Dick Blick catalog or website? They have tons and tons and tons (you get the idea) of art / craft stuff and probably have mosaic stuff. I have the catalog and I think you can get a catalog for free from the web site. I just prefer to have a real "live" catalog instead of just looking online.
Anyway, go to www.dickblick.com and check them out. You may find something else you like too.
If I ever win the lotto, I'm going on a Dick Blick shopping spree!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!
I'll look around for you too and if I find anything good in way of mosaic supplies, I'll post it here.

+Quote Post
voodoo_princess
post May 3 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #400

Hardcore BUSTie

http://hi5.com/friend/profile/displayGallery.do?userid=65605739&pic=2

Hey hey hey..... try this link. This is pics from a Hi5 account I used to use and I have the "monster" on there. Hope it works!

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 15, 2014 - 08:43 PM