Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

44 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pardon me (I'm Canadian)
ChingusKhan
post Sep 29 2009, 04:07 PM
Post #81

BUSTie

I'm your worst nightmare. White, middle-aged and male. Make a good living in the private sector, supplying goods and services to the resource extraction industry (Mining and oil & gas companies). And, yep, right now, I vote Conservative. Never did vote Reform, though.

I also volunteer as a ski instructor for disabled adults, coach my kid's soccer team, I'm on the PAC at my son's school (He's in Grade 5) and I'm a volunteer board member on couple local community organizations.

Just saying that people are more than the sum of what they do for a living or who they work for.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ketto
post Sep 29 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #82

Hardcore BUSTie

I live in a conservative riding. Blech. We had new neighbours move in a few weeks ago who have a Harper bumper sticker. I can't believe people would advertise that.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Sep 29 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #83

(o)(o)

I'm "involved" with a man who lives in a more affluent part of the city we live in. I remember heading over there one time during the campaign and I was in a sea of blue. It was nothing but Conservative supporting people everywhere. I just about got sick, I was like a deer in headlights. it was horrible, like a really bad nightmare.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 26 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #84

How anyone can dislike the NDP these days is beyond me. They seem to be the only party that gives a flying fuck about actual Canadians.

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Sep 26 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #85

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(lananans @ Jul 11 2009, 02:29 PM) *
I have a friend who is a fan of Harper actually. She's from Edmonton and is ultra-conservative. But she's the only one I know!

I was going to say something about not juding everyone from Alberta as conservative Harper-loving crazies. But then I realised that would be almost a lie. I'm surrounded by them. It's terrfying. They don't necessarily love Harper so much as hate Jack Layton and people with french accents that they can't understand, but still.

+Quote Post
ChingusKhan
post Sep 23 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #86

BUSTie

The polygamy charges against Blackmore have been dropped:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/...-bountiful.html

I'm pissed. This guy is a right f**ktard.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 17 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #87

How was that art show and sale girl-logic? We were in Trinity Bellwoods for a few minutes during out trip to TO, sadly not at the same time as you though...

It's late but I can still hear the geese honking overhead as they fly past. On their way to Point Pelee maybe? It's sounds so autumn to me. I haven't noticed that scent on the air yet though, you know the one that lets you know cold weather really is just around the corner. I don't think I'm ready for it, still loving those flipflops and sundresses for a bit longer. Stay mr sun, don't go don't go...

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Aug 2 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #88

Hardcore BUSTie

Is anyone planning to do the Queen West Art Crawl in Sept? I just found out I made it into the massive Outdoor Art Show and Sale at Bellwoods Park (!!!!such a big deal for me!!!!) Anyhow if you participate this year, come say hi.

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post
lananans
post Jul 13 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #89

Hardcore BUSTie

Right. I knew the right Romeo, I just wrote the wrong one.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jul 13 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #90

Hardcore BUSTie

Nitpick: Romeo Dallaire is NOT dead, it was Romeo LeBlanc.

That's so awesome, FYS. I knew you were going to camp, but I didn't know it was Stephens. That's awesome. It's so amazing out there.

Wednesday at around 3:30 or 4pm we're taking off for our trip. I can't wait to see the mountains again.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
lananans
post Jul 11 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #91

Hardcore BUSTie

CC-- in the Catholic church you can just cross your arms and receive the blessing.

I'm really not offended by it, I just think it's awkward and funny -- makes him seem more human almost, not just robotic like he usually appears.

I have a friend who is a fan of Harper actually. She's from Edmonton and is ultra-conservative. But she's the only one I know!

+Quote Post
Christine Nectar...
post Jul 10 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #92

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Jul 10 2009, 10:49 AM) *
I was thinking about it yesterday and I realized that I have never once met a person who is actually a fan of Harper. Seriously. And I know a fair amount of people.

ha! i love this comment.

Harper denies the host thing. it's a funny story either way.
i can't believe how he's absconded on his whole "no deficit" thing! i mean, it's understandable, we're short on cash, but just own up to the fact that you have to go back on your word! don't try to make it sound like you planned the whole thing and that you really think its the best thing for the country!

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jul 10 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #93

Hardcore BUSTie

I was thinking about it yesterday and I realized that I have never once met a person who is actually a fan of Harper. Seriously. And I know a fair amount of people.

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Jul 9 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #94

Hardcore BUSTie

I've had to do that at a catholic funeral, where you just cross your arms or say no thanks and they don't give you the cracker thingy. They even warn you about it beforehand! Harper's a weird werid man. Just when I think he can't get any worse, he does something like this... and makes me not hate him quite so much anymore! it's really just kind of funny (if you're not a catholic, I guess)

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jul 9 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #95

Hardcore BUSTie

Ahhh, so that's what I was seeing on the news. I was just flipping through channels and saw the word "communion" on CBC. If he has never been baptized then he should have just gone up there and crossed his arms over his chest to receive a blessing. Or do they do that in the Catholic church?

+Quote Post
lananans
post Jul 9 2009, 07:44 AM
Post #96

Hardcore BUSTie

Has anyone seen the latest Stephen Harper story?? At Romeo Dallaire's funeral he was given the host (since it was in Catholic Church) and he didn't consume it. Rumours are that he may have put it in his pocket. Catholics are outraged!

+Quote Post
foryoursplendor
post Jul 7 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #97

Hardcore BUSTie

Yup, thats the camp I was at!

It would be nice to go back next year if Peace Camp runs again.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jul 6 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #98

Hardcore BUSTie

I LOVE lake of the woods. When I was a kid we had a cabin up there and I used to go to Camp Stevens for the diabetes camp (before it was moved). Last year the diabetes camp was on another Island a little further away than Stevens and I worked there. So beautiful! I was really looking forward to working there again this July but they used different counsellors this year so I got ousted. I'm jealous you got to spend a week. tongue.gif

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
foryoursplendor
post Jul 4 2009, 10:25 AM
Post #99

Hardcore BUSTie

Now I know what all the fuss is about when people talk about going to Kenora. I just got back from a week in Lake of the Woods. It was AMAZING.

Happy Belated Canada Day!

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jul 2 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #100

Hardcore BUSTie

Hope everyone had a beautiful day yesterday! Winnipeg was perfect.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post

44 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 20, 2014 - 10:30 AM