Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

44 Pages V  « < 42 43 44  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pardon me (I'm Canadian)
dusty
post Apr 26 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #861

Hardcore BUSTie

I didn't say that I don't understand, its that it wasn't clear to me when I heard the interview, although I was aware that I was missing something that was being implied. I think she probably meant welfare.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wilhelminawonka
post Apr 26 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #862

BUSTie

A lot of non-native people belive (at least around here anyways) that native people get a monthly "Indian Cheque", just for being native. (Completely not true)
She could have been referring to that, or the good old native stereotype: Welfare! Cash for life, as I like to call it! Because, as you know, all native people are on welfare! (Again, completely NOT true!)
The fact that is woman is a leader is rediculous, but it eye opening. Some people don't think that racism still exists, but it does. And it is alive in people who teach our children, police our neighbourhoods, and in the leaders of communities.
Canada is a nice place to live, but it sure isn't without it's problems.
Just the fact that the government just sits on these disputes for so long is rediculous to me. They need to take care of it so that these things don't happen.

+Quote Post
dusty
post Apr 26 2006, 07:25 AM
Post #863

Hardcore BUSTie

Ya, I heard that interview when it first came on the radio and I was quite shocked, although I didn't really get where she was going with the regular paycheques. But ya, go natives! I thought it was pretty cool when they blockaded the railway line.

It did sound to me like she had been around for a while. The interviewer asked her a question that I thought was kinda dumb, something about how did it feel to be a small town in the national news and she said, "well we already had a tire fire and a chemical spill". I could check, but the Hagersville tire fire must have been fifteen-twenty years ago.

+Quote Post
wilhelminawonka
post Apr 26 2006, 06:47 AM
Post #864

BUSTie

any of my Canadian sisters following what is happening at the Six Nations reserve in Ontario?
Here's a link to the latest news, and also a little bit of a background on the protest.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=39adf356-4634-48b3-805f-8 472d0f08bbf&k=18129

Nice comment by the mayor, eh? Where did they get this woman?

Thoughts/Opinions?

+Quote Post
dusty
post Apr 25 2006, 07:11 AM
Post #865

Hardcore BUSTie

Why, thank you. If you're ever in Toronto, I'll take you for some Greg's.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Apr 25 2006, 07:00 AM
Post #866

(o)(o)

Of course! Isabel's only request is bum scratches. Next time your by Winnipeg, just drop a line, mmmm, there are tons of great places to get yummy ice cream. I'll buy you an ice cream regardless.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
dusty
post Apr 24 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #867

Hardcore BUSTie

Cool. Can your adorable pooch join us?

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Apr 24 2006, 08:16 AM
Post #868

(o)(o)

Dusty, I promise the government will fall, if it doesn't then I'll buy you an ice cream.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pepper
post Apr 24 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #869

i'm laughing my ASS off over here. some brilliant mo-fo decided to start stealing bilboards and selling the scrap metal, ha ha! with the price of metal these days, not to mention the amount of eye pollution all over the goddamn place, it's a worthwhile pursuit. i want to say "ooh, stealing, so bad!" but all i can think is "Right ON!!"
fuking funny man. jam that culture good.

+Quote Post

44 Pages V  « < 42 43 44
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 21, 2014 - 09:57 AM