The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> All Things Automotive
bunnyb
post Jun 4 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #1

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

He just doesn't get it, does he?

my boy's hairdresser uses straighteners on his hair (the spiky bit at front) which I've always thought is cute.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 4 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #2

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I just found out my old high school boyfriend (whom I haven't seen or talked to in 20 years, till this weekend) and I drive the same car, right down to the hatchback factor. They're only 3 years apart in make. Which is a pretty odd coincidence when you think about it.

My high school boyfriend let me make up his face once - eyeliner, lipstick, foundation, the works. And he wore a skirt and we did his hair, and he allowed me to present him (as a practical joke) to our friends as my distant aunt. You have to admit, it was pretty good-humoured of him.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 4 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #3

ya, buh bye now.

+Quote Post
numbnuts
post Jun 4 2006, 02:49 PM
Post #4

BUSTie

Actually Tyger, since the posts before yours were talking about this thread in terms of thread waste and how I shouldn't have added it, assuming yours was along those lines wasn't self-centered, it was logical. Come to think of it, unless you were in your own little world when you wrote that, you must have been talking about this thread. Besides, your statement is true of any unwanted thread. I suspect that you people (you know who you are) are acting dumber than you really are just to aggravate and "get back at" me, which would make you trolls. I think this is the last time I'll be feeding you.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 4 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #5

*snorting giggly fit* hee!

oh, windows are the best mirrors aren't they? they're like a soft focus camera, blurring out all the details so i look even better than i imagined i did. a real confidence booster whilst out and about on my bike. oh, i miss my bike. darn this hilly mountain town anyhow. pooh.

+Quote Post
tyger
post Jun 4 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

numbnuts, i wasn't referring to this thread in the post you paraphrased. you shouldn't go around assuming that posts that name no names have anything to do with you at all. it's really kind of self-centered. i actually love this thread, and made a post about it, even. like i said in the community forum, i love this thread, because lipgloss you can wear without your hair sticking in it from driving around is a VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC. we're not bitching about it. we're taking a thread and using it, so as not to waste a useless thread (as has been done on various other occasions).

also, could we maybe stop de-railing the thread with actual car talk? that's not what this is for, people! also remember, the guyliner discussion really needs to stay in the sports thread where it belongs! i don't know where the boy lipstick talk should go, though. i mean, it has boys, but it's also talking about lip-region makeup. should we have a vote? or a deathrace? oooh, deathrace. with makeup obstacles! so, we're going to need two death-race participants, one who wants to talk about boy lipstick in here, and one who wants to talk about it in the sports thread. also, because it is a death race, you will have to accept that there is a chance you will end up dead in the end. of course, this is such a pressing decision that i'm sure people won't mind. :P

shop windows are great for makeup application or just checking yourself out. expecially the ones that are windows on the outside but are actually walls on the inside. they're effectively black mirrors

+Quote Post
battygurl
post Jun 4 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

bunnyb, I don't have mirrors or a basket. I am so bad at this girl stuff. Maybe I could replace my water bottle holder with a make up kit holder? The shop window thing is a good tip.

--------------------
Tears are curious things, for like earthquakes or puppet shows they can occur at any time, without any warning, and without any good reason. --Lemony Snicket

+Quote Post
numbnuts
post Jun 4 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #8

BUSTie

Oops, I forgot I even made that post in the community forum. I did some searches on my own afterwards and added the new thread. Sorry.

In my defense, however, nobody is making all of you click on this thread anyway. If you're not interested, feel free to read the other threads or start your own thread, and leave this one well alone. (As Tyger points out in the community forum, you're keeping it alive by posting in it to complain about it.) If there really is nobody who cares about this thread, it'll eventually go to the bottom, be forgotten, and eventually deleted - no big deal. It's amazing how much some of you people bitch about something that doesn't really affect you.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jun 4 2006, 04:28 AM
Post #9

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

numbnuts, could you please learn to edit posts to add what you want to say rather than double-posting? sheeesh.

Oh, btw, this thread was another "oh shit" from you; suggesting it in the community forum, having someone tell you there was no need for it and then doing it anyway is worse than simply staring a spurious thread. Get the message numbnut (singular, as in brain).

battygurl, do you have a pretty wicker basket attached to the front of your bicycle? cos that would be so convenient, to hold bag and make-up bag or a single tube of lipgloss to reapply at traffic lights (if your bike doesn't have mirrors and you are one of those girls who needs to apply using a mirror, don't fret - shop windows work wonders.)

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
numbnuts
post Jun 4 2006, 02:55 AM
Post #10

BUSTie

Treehugger, I take it that you've read some of my *less popular* work. Fair enough. By the way, are you calling this thread an "atta boy" or another "oh, shit"? Just curious.

+Quote Post
numbnuts
post Jun 4 2006, 02:28 AM
Post #11

BUSTie

Snafooey, come to think of it, it is silly of me to take it that seriously. By the way, I can't believe you're on here at this hour. You're weird. Wait...I'm here at the same time...Nevermind. :-)

+Quote Post
snafooey
post Jun 4 2006, 02:20 AM
Post #12

I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom

Numbnuts, I know my busties and I pretty much figured what was going to happen. I expected to be amused and I was.

+Quote Post
numbnuts
post Jun 4 2006, 02:07 AM
Post #13

BUSTie

Pixiedust, I figured that since you ex was married that he was straight. I guess it is could be that he turned gay for some reason (if that's possible), he was bisexual, or that you and he were two married gay men in the first place...that's already more though than this deserves. My apologies.

+Quote Post
numbnuts
post Jun 4 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #14

BUSTie

Snafooey, if you're not interested in the thread, then why'd you click on it and read it? That's like going to a Chinese restaurant and saying, "Hmm, I hate Chinese food. I think I'll eat here." You tell me to get a clue? Wow.

+Quote Post
venetia
post Jun 4 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

I also like it when boys dye their eyelashes.

But I prefer men to own their own stuff. I used to flat with this guy who was always pinching my makeup, hairdye, nail polish, etc and it gets to be a drain on the finances not to mention annoying when they flatten out all your pointy tips.

Hmm I always like minis, morris minors, vws, but then I think I could get crunched if I had an accident. No need to worry just yet, as I can't even drive and don't have a drivers license. I live in such a traffic congested city I prefer to live close where I can walk to school or work.

(was AMAZED in London that their morning rush hour started so late and really didn't seem to be hours and hours long like ours.)

+Quote Post
battygurl
post Jun 4 2006, 01:19 AM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey, you know what's even better than a car?
A bike.
My bike used to belong to my dad. It's a mountain bike, but I only ride in the city right now, so when I had to get the back tire changed I got a commuter tire put on it. It looks funny with the thick, knobby tire on front and the thin road bike tire on the back, but I love it.

I cannot apply lip gloss while I'm riding my bike though. That's the thing about biking. Gee, if only I were just like pretty much everyone else and I drove...

I hate it when people's lipstick or sunglasses matches their car. HATE.

--------------------
Tears are curious things, for like earthquakes or puppet shows they can occur at any time, without any warning, and without any good reason. --Lemony Snicket

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jun 3 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #17

awesome.
hey, we had a rattle trap of an ancient beatle that my pops drove right into the ground. we didn't know anyone personally who got so much as injured in a bug but why take a chance eh? these days it's all about the safety. and the lip gloss, of course.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 3 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #18

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

When my mom bought a dark red Toyota Echo, I tried to persuade her to put huge black polka dots on it, to make it look like a ladybug.

I wasn't successful at that, but I did recently (delicately) persuade my mom to give up the hard pinky-red lipliner and lipstick she's been wearing since 1981.

(Nice transition, hey? Hey?)

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 3 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #19

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Well, the original vw bugs were death traps on wheels. As my mom said, "everyone of my generation knows someone who died or was seriously injured in one of those." Because the engine was in back and the trunk in front, if you rear-ended someone (which is the most common way to crash into someone) there was nothing between you and the other car to take some impact.

For my mom, she knew a girl in high school who was impaled on the steering column after rear-ending someone.

Not to say I don't love the old bugs- I just saw 2 the other day that were beautifully maintained- one in a gold color and the other in a bright metallic glittery lime green. But I would never own one!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Jun 3 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #20

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

ha ha haha!!

sixelacat, that is the best thing I have ever seen.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 12:50 AM