The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

19 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The New Lounge -- Problems, Suggestions & Stuff
pepper
post Jul 25 2006, 11:09 AM
Post #301

yo, could we have a test run for a day or so to see whatcha mean and try it out before we decide LL? that would be cool.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jul 25 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #302

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey ladies: I've just put up a poll to determine whether we should maintain the status quo here and keep all new posts at the top of the threads, or change things so that we show new posts at the end of threads. There are some benefits to changing things, but I know change can be hard to take. So please vote here:
VOTE!. The Poll will be open for a week. Thanks!

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
psychicfemme
post Jul 24 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #303

BUSTie

Please delete my new topic Psychic Consultation that has the partial description in the title, but leave the other one please. Thanks! smile.gif

+Quote Post
lyrae
post Jul 22 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #304

QUOTE(grrrlyouwant @ Jul 11 2006, 11:56 AM) *

i'm sure it's been mentioned already somewhere and i missed it, but how do i orient the threads so that the newest posts are on the bottom? much as i loved the old lounge, not being able to read in a straight top-to-bottom line always drove me nuts. tell me there's a way to flip it on this new board.

seconded.

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jul 21 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #305

Hardcore BUSTie

The closest mod that I know that's like that is a "preview post" thing that gets added to view new posts, search (return by topic), and the regular forum view - returns the first 255 characters of the most recent post.

BUUUUUUUUT, I didn't go looking at some of the other mod sites, just the one I hit up first (invisionize) because they have a huge variety and a great support community.

--------------------

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jul 21 2006, 09:20 AM
Post #306

PANTIES! ew.

Say it isn't so, Quantum! I mean, I see that there's the "view new posts" function that shows the threads where there have been new posts since your last login, but I miss not being able to see the first line of the new posts. I still have to click on everything to see what's inside, so to speak, and it's just annoying! I like being able to skim and pick. Grr. I need to get over it.

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jul 20 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #307

Hardcore BUSTie

AFAIK, there is no tree view like discus had for invision. The closest mod I've found is this one ... which really isn't what you're lookin for.

--------------------

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Jul 20 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #308

PANTIES! ew.

Yes, please, is there any way we can have a tree view? I can't stand not being able to navigate without that.

+Quote Post
maryjo
post Jul 19 2006, 01:34 AM
Post #309

Hardcore BUSTie

I've acclimatised a little to using the 'My Assistant' to view new posts, but I'd still rather have a tree-view format - it would make it so much easier to pick out the few threads that interest me at a glance.

Also, I tried to upload a picture from elsewhere online (my profile pic from another site) and it wouldn't work?

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jul 18 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #310

Hardcore BUSTie

- is there anyway to view new or last day's post in a tree view (with the beginnings of posts under each topic)?
and is it possible to make my log in default invisible?

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
quantumspice
post Jul 18 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #311

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pixiedust @ Jul 17 2006, 05:58 PM) *

By the way, I noticed that when you send pm's, it does not save to the sent file.

Did you check the "save pm" box?

One thing I've noticed is the getlastpost and getnewpost and findpost functions aren't working right - they're going to where the post would be if things were arranged a-z instead of z-a.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 18 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #312

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

New problem..the smilies are not the same from the work safe mode to the pink martini mode. I used a smilie with sunglasses when I started the feminism in pop culture thread while at work and now at home with teh pink martini it looks like a Frownie face.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 17 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #313

By the way, I noticed that when you send pm's, it does not save to the sent file.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 17 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #314

I would really LOVE a way to set a prefernce so that all of your posts come out with the same formatting, color, font, ect without a lot of extra button pushing. Sometimes I post in purple, sometimes I hit post reply before thinking about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 17 2006, 08:31 AM
Post #315

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

the lips I think are for quotes (I haven't seen them anywhere else) and the pink rectangle indicates that it's a thread you've posted in before. When it's light pink, it means there's nothing new since you last checked, when it's darker pink it means there is something new.

yeah, it's taking me a little while to get used to, but the benefits are far outweighing the problems.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
pepper
post Jul 16 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #316

the legend at the bottom is missing some items. what does the little what looks like a clipboard in dark or light pink symbol mean? and what's with the lips? it's a freaking chore to come in here and read on this new forum for me, i wish i liked it more but it just isn't very user friendly for me. all the features i could frankly do without, i loved the old layout and how once i'd looked at a thread it changed colour until someone new posted in it and how new posts bumped that thread to the top. i liked all that stuff way more than this. this is kinda frosty despite the pink. me sad.

love that ignore function though, holy mac.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 16 2006, 11:13 PM
Post #317

QUOTE(doodlebug @ Jul 16 2006, 10:15 PM) *

polly, I don't think that the person named as the thread-starter IS necessarily the thread-starter, so maybe it wouldn't make sense to allow them to delete those threads?

It's just that I've noticed my name listed as the thread-starter on several that I KNOW I didn't start....I've actually started very few threads. I think the person listed as thread-starter must be whomever's post was the first left standing after a thread-cleanup...in some cases, anyway.

I realize that issue, doodle, I'm just talking about all these threads started by newbies, where we know who started them. There's a forum I go to (here) where when you start a thread, you have the option to delete it, like if there's no replies, it's in the wrong place, etc., but the option only appears to you when you're signed in- no one else sees it. I'm thinking that if this were possible on this board, we could email the person, explain that we like to keep threads to a minimum, could they please delete their thread and post in the appropriate thread, wherever that may be.

I know, it freaked me out when I saw that i allegedly started a bunch of threads, too....funny, I don't remember starting the "I'm gonna miss 'em" thread. huh.gif

P.S. I just watched Eddie Izzard's "Dress to Kill" tonight- brilliant!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jul 16 2006, 08:58 PM
Post #318

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

polly, I don't think that the person named as the thread-starter IS necessarily the thread-starter, so maybe it wouldn't make sense to allow them to delete those threads?

It's just that I've noticed my name listed as the thread-starter on several that I KNOW I didn't start....I've actually started very few threads. I think the person listed as thread-starter must be whomever's post was the first left standing after a thread-cleanup...in some cases, anyway.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 16 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #319

Yeah, and they said there's a feature where you can send a form email about posting thread ideas in the Community Forum and the Newbie thread...anyone find that yet?

Do we know if threads can be deleted by the person who starts them?

Yeah, bunnyb, if I could save my settings for font/size/color, that would be nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
indiechick
post Jul 16 2006, 01:11 PM
Post #320

Hardcore BUSTie

what happened to the idea that newbies can't start new threads? the boards are getting swamped with threads by people who have never posted before and whose topics could have easily fit elsewhere.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 30, 2014 - 12:09 AM