The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Change Is Good: All About The New Lounge
LoungeLady
post Jul 10 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

Welcome to the new-and-improved Lounge! We carefully reviewed all of the features you said you wanted in an upgraded Lounge, and just about all of them are included. Here's where to find 'em and how to use 'em:

Before you read the instructions below, make sure you are logged in (your old username and password will work), then check out "My Controls", and "My Assistant", both found in links at the top of the forum, and play around with then a bit. My Assistant can be particularly helpful, and don't forget to move it around on your screen by dragging it around to the place you like best. Okay, on to the features:

I WANT TO SEE THE NEWEST POSTS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD, JUST LIKE INTHE OLD LOUNGE
The new Lounge is set to show posts in "descending Z-A" order, so the new posts will always show up at the top.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO POST INTO A QUICK REPLY BOX AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD
Just click on the "Fast Reply" in the leopard-print bar at the top of each thread, and a box will open up for you to post a quick reply. If you would like that box to always be open in each thread, you can set that in My Controls-> Options-> Board Settings and set "Open Fast Reply automatically when available?" to "YES" under Posting Settings.

I WANT TO BE SURE THAT MY EMAIL IS HIDDEN FROM OTHER USERS
The default board setting hides your email from all other users. If you'd like people to contact you directly via your email, you can make your email available (My Controls-> Options-> Email Settings And unclick "hide my email address from other members." Members will be able to contact you, but only via a forum.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO IGNORE CERTAIN POSTERS
You can do this! Just go to MY CONTROLS-> OPTIONS-> MANAGE IGNORED USERS
type in the username of the poster you'd like to ignore, click "Update Ignored Users," and the offending troll is as good as squashed.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO VIEW THE BOARD WITHOUT HAVING TO SEE EVERYONE'S SIG FILES AND AVATARS.
No problem. Just go to MY CONTROLS-> OPTIONS-> BOARD SETTINGS and set both "Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?" and "Do you wish to view members avatars when reading topics?" to NO.

I WANT TO SEE MY POSTS BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE TIME THAT I POSTED THEM, IN MY OWN TIME ZONE.
Yup, this too can happen. Just go to MY CONTROLS-> OPTIONS-> BOARD SETTINGS and set the clock to your local time. This is the time that will show up with your posts.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO BUST AT WORK, BUT THE PINK LEOPARD PRINT LAYOUT ALWAYS GIVES ME AWAY
We have a "work safe" skin so you can BUST at work without being detected. Just select the skin from the drop-down box at the bottom of the page, and the Lounge will magically be transformed into looking like just another boring bulletin board.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO EASILY JUMP FROM ONE FORUM TO THE NEXT
Just use the drop-down box at the bottom of the page to go directly to another forum without having to return to previous menus.

I WANT POSTED LINKS TO OPEN IN A NEW WINDOW
Don't worry, they will.

-----------------------------------
THINGS THAT ARE COMING SOON:
-----------------------------------
Automatically send a personal message to new users, advising them to introduce themselves in the "For the Newbies" thread and asking them to raise their suggestions for new threads in the 'BUST Community Forum' forum, which has been moved up to a more prominent position.

Post editing is currently not working, but when it does work, you will have the ability to edit your own post forever.

More stuff too....

--------------------
So mod!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 20, 2014 - 12:04 AM