The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Grey's Anatomy.. Bad Medicine We're Addicted To
SuzanneArmstrong
post Feb 2 2012, 08:30 AM
Post #1

I say it is one of the greatest TV shows that was created for all the women of the world. It is just amazing and I eternally love it!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stargazer
post May 26 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #2

brown delicious

OMG!! April!! I so wanted her to be killed this epi and I know that it is sooooo wrong for me to think that.

I am glad that the show didn't drag out the whole "Will the Chief be killed or live?" They let us know that he lives and the shooter dies. I think he will resume reign of the hospital again. I think Derek was bratty in his assumption in how the hospital should/is run. I do not think he enjoyed handling the responsibilities associated with the position. So, I wonder if he will step down from the position next season.

I felt bad for Meredith. I think I've read that Ellen Pompeo is leaving the show after next season. I wonder if the miscarriage and the whole "the place I used to love" might be her entry way to being at the hospital differently.

I agree, Syb, that the whining has stopped on the show. I see Izzie's exit as being a big contributor to less neurosis being on the show.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
sybarite
post May 22 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #3

it's cards on the table time

Good god. I have been 'meh' about GA for a while but the finale was wrenching.
I somehow knew that Stupid April was being set up to do something colossally wrong all season, but I thought she'd just make a pass at Shepard or something. I feel sad for Mark of all people, although Lexie has always annoyed me. Loved the resolution of the Christina/Owen thing--not what I was expecting at all. Callie, unsurprisingly, was awesome.

It also occurs to me that there is less of the endless discussions of earlier seasons and more being communicated non-verbally--which is a nice change.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post May 20 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #4

brown delicious

I hope there is someone around here who watches this show. Tonight's season finale is TOO good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rogue
post Oct 19 2009, 05:06 AM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

I know that Izzie isn't gone for good but is anyone else glad that she might have disappeared for a while? I'm so tired of her character. I was really hoping that she was going to die at the end of last season. Bah.

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 30 2009, 07:22 AM
Post #6

sassygrrl

GO THE FUCK AWAY!!!!

+Quote Post
rogue
post Sep 29 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

I personally had to put up with my mother screaming, "IT'S NOT GEORGE! HE ISN'T DEAD! NO ONE PROPERLY IDENTIFIED HIM! IT'S NOT HIM!" for the entire two hours (which I agree about; I don't think it needed to be two hours long - by the end I was grateful it was over). Does anyone else think this, too? Like maybe he will be off the show for a few seasons or one season or something but then he might come back? I think it's doubtful but my mother seems to be convinced and she is usually eerily correct about these things.

I have to be honest, I really like Cristina and Owen (whom I like to refer to as McArmy, hehe). I really love Kevin McKidd. Seriously, him and Patrick Dempsey in Made of Honor just kill me (in a good way). I was pretty excited to see that McKidd had joined the cast last season. I just hope that this turns out to be another decent season this year. Season three was really lacking to me but they have picked up since then (in my opinion) and I hope it stays that way. I'm still tired of Izzie, though, and definitely wouldn't mind if she left the show. When she was laughing at George's funeral I thought it was pretty unrealistic and ridiculous. When they all started laughing it was a little much. I don't think that really would have happened IRL.

Wow, sorry for being long-winded! I didn't know I thought this much about the show! laugh.gif

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 28 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #8

sassygrrl

Star, I did. I do agree with your thoughts.

I thought it did not need to be two hours. My favorite part was the elevator scene between Bailey and Derek. I also liked the ending. I did like the subject of grief, and how it impacts everyone in different ways. Izzie is still getting on my last nerve. Yet, I think George dying will have the impact on her the most.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 26 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #9

brown delicious

Did anyone watch the season premiere of Grey's?
I liked the theme of people dealing with grief in their own way. But, they definitely dragged things out. I don't think there was a reason for a 2 hour episode. I wish they would've started with the elevator scene again for this episode. I think it was a little cruel to have us doubt for a second the bus accident victim may not be George.

I'm glad they kept Meredith and Izzy both strong and not becoming these shrills. I guess I wonder if they will continue to have George's death affect any of the characters in future episodes. But, it seems like the new focus is the merging of Seattle Grace with another hospital. I wonder if that may introduce new characters this season.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Feb 15 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

I am getting so *sick* of the damn Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice crossover. I wish they'd be done with it already, and I wish they'd never done it in the first place. 1) I really HATE to see McDreamy's god complex and I really don't like his character much when he gets that way (whether it's with the Pvt Practice crossover or on Grey's Anatomy alone). 2) I'm SICK of Private Practice and their attempts to jerk the audience's emotions around with their baby fever antics, and I don't want them to infect Grey's Anatomy with it. I stopped watching Pvt Practice after the first episode this season when the baby mania just got out of control (I mean, I *get* that the Pvt Practice clinic is a fertility clinic, but sheesh, enough already with the "will they or won't they save the baby!" drama and "babies are amazing, they bring families together" blah blah blah), and it's bad enough that they continued the crossover thingy with Addison sticking around to help one of McDreamy's pregnant patients (more overused "will they or won't they save the baby!" drama). Gah! Enough already! Go home, you damn Pvt Practice doctors!

Also, with the Izzy thing, she was having the blood tests done to check for any illnesses. Remember, she'd figured out that she was seeing Denny because he essentially had to give her a message that she's ill. So she had her interns do blood tests and CT scans under the guise of 'teaching' them, but it was really to see if she had any undiagnosed illnesses. If you remember in that episode, her interns found that one of the clinic patients' tests came back with cancer results, and Izzy's results came back clean, which she was ecstatically happy about. I think the interns accidentally switched the results and Izzy has cancer, while the patient does not. I'm sure that will become a plot point in later episodes.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
ketto
post Feb 14 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

There seems to be confusion about whether they're actually leaving. Apparently Shonda Rhimes says no.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20...ss-topheadlines
http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_11700850

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Feb 13 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #12

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I was a bit meh about it too. I prefer the well-roundedness and even vibrancy of the Private Practice characters. I want more Sloane/Lexi and Callie/Arizona and even more Christina/Major (I say even more as they are currently featuring quite prominently).

Izzy dying will probably be dragged out until the finale. Poor Alex.

I'm interested to see how George will exit ... he's been so absent this season that I won't miss him much but I used to love George. Izzy I loved too, I've never been a hater, but this season's idiocy has bored me. I hate the writers for what they did to such great characters.

Meredith came across as stupid; why does she bring everything down to the superficial and what's with her beady, watery, red eyes?

One of the best things was the chemistry between Bailey and Sam; they worked well together.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Feb 13 2009, 11:29 AM
Post #13

brown delicious

any thoughts about this week's episode?

i felt a little, meh, about the episode. they are gonna drag out the whole izzy ill thing especially since i saw in the news that katherine heigel is leaving the show. i wonder how george will make his exit.

it also looks like they are focusing on the ego of mcdreamy with the whole g-d/doctor thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Feb 9 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #14

brown delicious

i really liked the interaction between ptsd doc and christina in this epi. it was so touching to me. as for the izzy tip...i was confused by the blood work part, but my mom said she thought it was to disprove she was preggers. i wasn't thinkin' about pregnancy. who knows. i'm hoping meredith doesn't freak out on derek since she found a rose petal in their bed.

i agree ketto. this epi was better. i don't watch private practice, but i liked the overlay. i probably won't watch it after these next 2 episodes though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ketto
post Feb 9 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

Are peeps still watching? I thought this weeks episode was pretty good. Still confused about the Izzy thing...if Denny showed up for no reason that would just be stupid. There better be something else going on and they'd better tell me soon.

I didn't watch private practice because i don't care about it but I hope it doesn't interfere with Derick and Meredith too much. I'm sick of seeing people almost be happy on this show and then have it stolen away.

And I was soooooooooo pissed off with the way they showed Callie dealing with being single even though she said she wanted to be. She acted like it was the worst thing that could have possibly happened. I really enjoyed the time when I decided to be single and I was disappointed that she can never seem to be happy on her own.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
rogue
post Jan 27 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

I just realized that Jackson's Mom was Samantha Mathis when I watched last week's episode, Bunny. And what's funny is that I recognized her slightly but what really got me to notice that it was her was because last weekend I watched The Mists of Avalon and she plays Guinevere in that movie. Because I had seen her so recently I was like HEY I KNOW HER!

And I too am so pumped that they finally got the Denny-Izzie story revealed. I can't stand Izzie either way but the whole thing was just annoying the crap out of me.

And Eric Stoltz's story was so sad. I don't know for sure, but I think I would pretty much be in the same boat as Meredith. Sympathy for the Devil, you know. I often find myself playing Devil's advocate, so you know. And I just used way too many metaphors for Satan. tongue.gif

Is there a new episode this week what with the Private Practice crossover or no?

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Jan 24 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

I'd agree. As much as I love Miranda, I think her reaction to McDreamy's decision to save the killer's life (well, yeah, so he could make it to his execution) was a little overblown. I get that she was very emotionally involved in her case with the little boy and really wanted the killer's organs, but I still thought her reaction was overdone.

Eric Stoltz, though... gah. Another guy I could watch read the phone book. I have a thing for red heads. Why I'm probably liking the McArmy character, too. I hope he and Christina get it together.

The Denny thing...yeah. That issue should have been done with a long time ago. And I hate that they used him to get Izzy to realize that she's sick. It's taken up way too many episodes, and it seems like the writers don't know what to do with Izzy's storyline, so they're making her sick. Lame. I'm sure they're trying to win back some sympathy for her character since she lost favor last season for sleeping with George. ...That kiss, though...whew. HOTT. I would certainly not mind having to take and re-take that scene with Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

I was happy to see Merideth talking with Christina at the end. I hope they resolve their issues.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 24 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #18

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Yeah I don't know if that is actually what's going to happen but I said that over two months ago! they really have dragged it out and it's been so ridiculous.

The episode really annoyed me; I thought it was overblown and the characters were hyperbolic. Even Miranda; it was so overly dramatic that it was laughable ... until the last five minutes, when Eric Stoltz was executed McDreamy brought Mer to Christina - I actually cried!

The Lexi/Mark situation was some comic relief and it's just an obvious way to bring it home to him that she cares and he needs a proper relationship.

I liked Melissa George (can't remember her character's name) in last couple of eps and it annoys me that they are getting rid of her.

Christina and McMajor are the best part of the programme for me just now. I will keep watching because I doubt it can get any worse and I don't give up so easily. Does anybody else watch Private Practice? It has what GA is missing just now - strong, thought-provoking storylines (around the patients) and some well-acted characters.

rogue, it's funny you should mention Little Women as Samantha Mathis, who played the older Amy in the film, was Jackson's mother.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jan 24 2009, 12:26 AM
Post #19

brown delicious

thanks rogue for the spoiler. bunnyb said the same thing about a potential brain tumor.

ketto, i agree that things have been stretched out. the communication and intensity was great this episode. a nice change of pace.

what about mcsteamy's broken member? do you think it will teach him to relate differently to women? i mean, it is kinda obvious.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rogue
post Jan 23 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #20

Hardcore BUSTie

From what I understand about the whole Denny storyline is that he is in Izzie's imagination and what I have heard (although it was never confirmed) is that she is going to end up having some kind of brain tumor or something along those lines. Again, I don't know if that is the truth since I heard this over a month ago and nothing has come of it yet, but I do agree - I think it has been going on waaaay too long and I am pretty happy when they barely focus on Izzie. I keep waiting for it to end and it never does!

I'm pretty intrigued by the whole Yang and McArmy (haha, is that right? I can't even remember his name on the show!) and I really like the story arc with Eric Stoltz as well! I know he did the Mask movie but I will always remember him as John in Little Women with Winona Ryder. =) I missed last night's episode so I will most likely watch it on the CTV website tonight when I get home from work! I am actually liking this season a lot more than seasons 3 & 4.

Oh and I put the spoiler box up there just in case people wanted to be surprised. Hope that's okay!

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 20, 2014 - 04:06 PM