Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When The Food You Love Hates You
pollystyrene
post Aug 8 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #101

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

So far (((knock on wood))) I don't have any food allergies, but there's a little commercial that plays on The Food Network for this woman's website with gluten-free ideas. Hope it helps someone!!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Aug 8 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #102

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I randomly come out in hives and don't know if it's food realted or not.

I also think I'm intolerant to MSG (chinese restaurant syndrome) and have done for years. The boy hopes I'm not as he misses chinese food and I've been fine the last couple of times I've eaten any (I cut it out for a long, long, time) but last week a friend made chinese fajitas (yeah I know it's an oxymoron!) and I reacted. Also, does anyone know whether soy sauce could be linked to MSG intolerance? For a long time I thought that I may have IBS or similar condition but now I'm thinking it's the food.

Has anyone had allergy testing done? I have other allergies and have asked my doc to put me on waiting list to get the patch test done by a dermatologist, it's very specific, I think, so will tell me what foodsa -if any- I'm allergic too although think it's a long waiting list.

Sixelacat, thanks for starting the thread! As a cheese fiend I really feel for you on the cheese.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post Aug 8 2006, 05:11 PM
Post #103

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

Wheee! My first thread!

This thread is for any/all BUSTies with food allergies and/or intolerances. Personally, I'm lactose intolerant, which of course means I LOVE cheese, in a very Wallace and Grommit way! (There are currently 4 different types of cheeeeeeese sitting in the fridge, and that's pretty low for me). Instead of going on prescription medication, I prefer to think of my digestive system as differently abled. I'm lucky enough that my intolerance is not a full blown allergy, so I can survive with loads of Lactaid and diet modifications. I know that there are many BUSTies who also have differently abled GIs, so please, share your stories, tips, meds, and of course, feel free to vent about last night's culinary transgression!

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 31, 2014 - 02:17 AM