The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> Halloween!
treehugger
post Aug 16 2006, 04:05 AM
Post #1

cryostat bitch

QUOTE(falljackets @ Aug 15 2006, 08:14 PM) *

we're trying to think of something alternative to do. like band members. or a librarian and hipster slacker kid. even those just seem so played out. we've never actually attended this theme of the party and are only going because it's a last hurrah, as some couples are moving away.

the party is in two weeks. anyone have any suggestions? oh, and this party is for the um, "morally relaxed crowd" if that makes a difference.

I don't have any pics, but years ago I went with my best friend to a party and we dressed as a turd and a roll of toilet paper. I was the turd. Heh. Brown sheet and everything that stuck out (hands and face was brown.

Toilet paper was a little more involved...we had to make a whole cylindar shaped tube thing, did it all in white, put the brand on it, etc.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dani837
post Aug 15 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(falljackets @ Aug 15 2006, 09:14 PM) *

i am so tired of the played-out school girl crap.

omg tell me about that! I had to wear that darn uniform for 12 years. I don't know why people think it's a good halloween costume dry.gif

+Quote Post
zora
post Aug 15 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #3

I've finally settled on a costume. I'm going to be:

CARMEN FREAKIN' MIRANDA.

Just cause it will be tons of fun to make the fruit hat. Sweeeeeet.

I'm sick of the "Sexy" halloween costumes in general. Sexy Witch, Sexy Nurse, Sexy Maid.

And frankly, dressing up as something so guys will be all up ons, I think is silly too.

+Quote Post
falljackets
post Aug 15 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #4

crush groovin'

oh maimy, preach on sister!

i am so tired of the played-out school girl crap. but the worst part is that a group of friends from orlando have a long tradition of throwing themed parties a few times a year. the favorite? a fucking "back to school" themed party. so everyone shows in the same white button shirt tied at the waist, short plaid skirt and maryjanes. ugh

we're trying to think of something alternative to do. like band members. or a librarian and hipster slacker kid. even those just seem so played out. we've never actually attended this theme of the party and are only going because it's a last hurrah, as some couples are moving away.

the party is in two weeks. anyone have any suggestions? oh, and this party is for the um, "morally relaxed crowd" if that makes a difference.

--------------------
to love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides - Viscott

+Quote Post
maimy
post Aug 15 2006, 05:25 PM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

Aw, Bunny and Raisin, I didn't even remember posting my Diana pics. Thank you, though! Ophelia, I actually prefer Greek mythology, but there is a connection to Diana in particular that kept me in Rome last year. The costume was specifically late-Roman-republican era, with only the bow as a "magical" element. I kept the chiton and pallium, because I made them, and I was so proud. I may wear the chiton alone without the tunic underneath this year, and go as a foxier goddess of some sort. Not sure.

Oh, and see my avatar for Clara photo. *Grin* People thought my burgundy and black wig was actually my hair (people were, I believe, rather drunk when they inspected my tresses ...).

LowRed, I've done the Freudian Slip! Hee. I always think of Meg Ryan in DOA, glued to Dennis Quaid ...

Hm. Must think about this year, though. Especially if I go to Chiller Theatre over Hallowe'en.

Can we post costumes we're SICK OF SEEING too? Just for fun?

So sick of: Skanky goth schoolgirl, Skanky stripper schoolgirl, Skanky ass-showing schoolgirl, and Skanky schoolgirls-in-a-QLT-roaming-pack. Ugh. I did actually go as a Catholic Schoolgirl one time, but I did it with brogans and bobby socks, a cashmere sweater-set, grosgrain ribbons in my plaits, a stack of books (with a Frederick's catalogue stuck in the front cover of one), chewing gum and a skirt long enough to (*GASP!!*) cover my ass. Also bored with: Skanky fairy with her ass out, Skanky fairy with wings bonking everyone as she gets drunker and drunker, Skanky "tourist" (only skanky one night a year, and spent three dollars on the ho-ish costume), and "Elvira". Nobody out-Elviras Cassandra Peterson, and it's too "easy" anyway ...

EDITED to add - Dang, Polly, you certainly kick inordinate amounts of bootay. Too awesome! I'd love to go as Alexis ...

+Quote Post
polly_esther
post Aug 15 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #6

BUSTie

Last year my friend & I went as Krystle Grant Jennings Carrington (her) and Alexis Morrell Carrington Colby Dexter Rowan. After the catfight.

Clicky to see me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/polly_esther/Me.jpg

We had to ham it up a bit of course.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/pol...tyinDynasty.jpg

This year we're going to do the deuce costume again as John Waters & Divine.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Aug 15 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(dani837 @ Aug 15 2006, 04:46 AM) *

Last year I went as a belly dancer. I got so into it, I bought a REAL costume, pretty sexy! Ladies, you should def think about this option! Guys LOVE it.

I AM a bellydancer, so last year I just wore my bra and belt and went as that.

+Quote Post
lowredmoon
post Aug 15 2006, 11:22 AM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

last year i was in the middle of midterms and flat broke, so i went as a freudian slip--laziest. costume. ever. i've been wanting to go as a cigarette girl for a few years now, but i never had the time to make the costume. i think this year i'm going to go for it. the actual outfit will be pretty simple--a black skirt and a black or burgundy sleeveless top (and maybe a shrug because NJ in October is cold). i just have to make a bowtie, cuffs, and a hat, and rig up a little cardboard tray filled with candy cigarettes. which i suppose means i should get started...

--------------------
"Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."
--Margaret Atwood

+Quote Post
dani837
post Aug 14 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

Last year I went as a belly dancer. I got so into it, I bought a REAL costume, pretty sexy! Ladies, you should def think about this option! Guys LOVE it.

+Quote Post
opheliathemuse
post Aug 14 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

Maimy, I'd love to see your Clara pictures. Also interested in Artemis; I particularly like her. I dressed as a Greek in 7th grade. I remember being so excited about it!
I kind of wanted to be really vampy and do a half dominatrix half schoolgirl thing, but that's only for the right party and under the right circumstances. I really like the Artemis idea.

--------------------
There is a willow grows aslant a brook,
That shows his hoar leaves in the glassy stream.
There with fantastic garlands did she come...

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Aug 14 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #11

PANTIES! ew.

Oh yeah, Maimy, I remember those pictures as well. You looked awesome.

I don't know what I'm doing this year, but I do know that I need to make some new friends around here, people who ACTUALLY CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN IN ALL ITS GLORY and don't think it's a holiday "just for kids." I just find that to be so wrong.

I'm going to ask my pagan friend if she's going to throw a new year's (Samhain) party. A couple of years ago I went to a Day of the Dead party and it was an interesting change of pace. Hmm.

I was/am kind of toying with throwing a party for my bunny, actually, since he's all black and I got him on Halloween a million years ago. So, you know, he's a kitty bunny! I would of course serve carrot cake.

Zora, I sooooo want to hear how your night went while you were dressed as a guy!

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Aug 14 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #12

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

OMG crazyoldcatlady, I love you so much right now ! wub.gif

We are having a work's Hallowe'en party for charity and I usually don't go (it's a few days before Hallowe'en) but as I'm a member of the commitee this year I should really show face. besides, it's in a rocking venue with very cheap booze. So, I'm thinking Rainbow Brite or the choices I've always wanted to go with: Dorothy Gale, Holly Golightly or Cleopatra.

Last year I went to a murder mystery party and dressed up as a crazy Alice (American McGhee) lookalike and the year before I was a gangster and wearing my favourite red trilby.

fina (if you're lurking) is your friend F having a letter themed party this year? what you going as?

maimy, I remember seeing photo of you as Diana and you were fabulous!!!

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Aug 14 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Hmm, I never thought about incorporating the box into my costume but I DID plan on wearing red socks and shoes.

Now I have to think about whether I want the box. It seems a lot less comfortable, but would probably make for a much better costume!

+Quote Post
maimy
post Aug 14 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

FallJackets, I think the Wonder Twins costume would ROCK. Many "pairs" costumes are so much fun. The only time I've ever tried a couple-costume was with a girlfriend who was going to be Betty to my Veronica. But then she flaked, so I had to alter my ideas at the very last hour. I did some fake bruise makeup, messed up my hair into a huge 80s wreck, wore mismatched clothing, and some horrible shoes from my own 80s bimbo days, and called myself a Fashion Victim. It was exceedingly lame, and I had a miserable time. But my circa-1960s Ronnie Lodge outfit was SO comic-strip cute. Boo.

Went as Diana, Goddess of the Moon last year; that was fun. I made the pallium and chiton myself, enveloped in a huge iridescent veil; carried a golden bow and one arrow; created a crown, etc. For two years before that, I was Clara Bow. THAT was awesome; my own aunt swore, seeing a pic of the costume, that it could not be me. Guess it was a good "disguise" for the demons-that-be!

*Tempted to change my icon to one of my Clara photos*

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Aug 14 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #15

the moistiest

For you children of the 80's:Rainbow Brite

and zora, now i'm contemplating dressing up like a man. think of the shit i could get away with ;-)

+Quote Post
falljackets
post Aug 14 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #16

crush groovin'

oh yay! zora started the thread before i could get around to it! thanks girl!

so we might have figured out what we're doing: the WONDER TWINS! do you guys think it might be too arcane? will people have a clue of who we are??

bwahahahaha! the tampon idea is awesome. and the RED SHOES? even awesomer!

i'm so glad this thread is here! YAY! halloween can't come fast enough.

--------------------
to love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides - Viscott

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Aug 14 2006, 04:09 AM
Post #17

cryostat bitch

Hmmm...this year I'm wanting to do something creepy and bloody. I'm torn between going to a thrift shop and finding an old white prom/bridal gown, either that, or regular surgery scrubs, splattering with red dye to look like blood. The bridal gown thing would sort of look like a zombie bride or a Carrie thing (dead flowers for a prop?)

And the scrubs, the intent is to be a mad surgeon. (would have a prop of like a fake butcher knife or a machete).

Hmmm, just typing it out is making me lean more toward the scrubs. Seems much more comfortable.

Hellotampon, are you going to wear red shoes? For some reason I keep visualizing that..

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Aug 13 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

hellotampon, check out this costume that my best friend made two years ago. So detailed, she even put the french writing on the box.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/cel...ds/faa6ccbf.jpg

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Aug 13 2006, 03:27 AM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm going to go as a tampon, I think. I'll just wear all white, with a white cap with a string on my head.

I actually just thought of this a few hours ago as I was drifting off to sleep (only to wake up 2 hours later because of this miserable bitch of a cold), so I have to think about it more.

+Quote Post
zora
post Aug 13 2006, 03:16 AM
Post #1

I've been thinking about Halloween a lot lately, trying to come up with a good costume. Last year I went as a Man and it was totally awesome and kind of creepy. I won third place at work for the costume contest. This year I plan to win first, and I have NO ideas. The problem is, I keep coming up with blond characters and I look hideous in blond. I have brown hair and eyes and am kind of dark.
How's everyone else's planning going?

+Quote Post
20 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30, 2014 - 05:29 PM