The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> Taking Up The Whole Damn Bed!, In Praise of Singledom
stargazer
post Feb 17 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #1

brown delicious

thanks for the bump (and grind) sixelacat!

actually, about a week ago, i was meaning to post in here. instead of being frustrated and down on myself, i'm trying to enjoy my freedom. posting in here would be some symbolic gesture for me. i have alot i want to accomplish for myself.

it was alot of fun traveling on my own when i was interviewing for my internships. just doing what i want to do. trying new things. the more things i do on my own, the more i know what i want in a partner.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anna k
post Feb 17 2007, 01:38 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

Tonight in the student lounge in my dormitory I kept getting hit on by this French guy who seemed drunk or high or dazed. He kept saying, "You seem like a really cool chick," touching my arm, putting his arm around me (it felt like a dead weight), and wanting my number. It was flattering, but he seemed intoxicated to me. Plus I don't like being touched by guys right away, while he was a happy drunk ready to stroke me. I'm fine right now being single to ward off dudes like that asking me to go to some bar named after a Shakespeare play:

Him: You've been to the Tempest?
Me: Yeah, I've seen it before.
Him: You mean the play?
Me: Yeah.
Him: Oh no, I meant the bar a couple of blocks down. It's real cool, we should go there tomorrow night. It's real cool and laid-back, you seem like a chill person. What are you doing?
Me: Um, sleeping in and probably will do something else.
Him: Oh OK. But next weekend, we'll hang out there.
Me: Yeah, OK (not really meaning it).

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post Feb 11 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #3

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

*bump (and grind)* for stargazer....

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Jan 6 2007, 10:20 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

She is a troll, she's been here before and attacked pepper, i believe with multiple personalities. I have her on ignore so I didn't even see what she'd written.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jan 5 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #5

new highs in personal lows daily!

i think i smell a troll.....

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Jan 4 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

i agree... der.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jan 2 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #7

Big Fat Bitch

This was so unnecessary.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Jan 1 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

Bumped for a new year.

I was happy that I got to spend new years alone last night. I was sick and tired and needed the break. Too often I've been sick and a guy I'm dating doesn't get it, like I'm just pretending to feel like crap and they expect me to make out with them while I'm really just struggling to keep my eyes open.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pepper
post Nov 6 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #9

oh my, even though i am newly preggo i can NOT WAIT to be single. the papa is off to another city for at least 2.5 months and i am so looking forward to it. of course i'll miss the snuggling and the shagging but not the rest of that crap. i LOVE spending time just me, making things, tidying and rearranging the house (yes, i am that crazy) arts and crafts, little kid stuff, nothing. i do a lot of that stuff but not when he's around, he's so NEEDY, grr. single, the word never sounded so good to me.

+Quote Post
edie52
post Nov 6 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm really into being single these days... especially the fact that I do things for my own enrichment, SO much more than when I was in a relationship, and I love knowing that I'm learning things and building character and confidence that can help me form friendships (and a new relationship, when it comes). That's another thing- I like that I'm available for when someone really great comes along (knock on wood). Not that all I'm doing is waiting around...

+Quote Post
anna k
post Nov 2 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

I also like being free to accept or decline dates as I please and investigate any possiblities that interest me, letting my impluses be my only guide and not having to feel restricted by previous commitments (and then later wonder "what if"...)

I turned down a date today because the guy looked kinda ratty. I felt bad later on, thinking I should've accepted, but it was my gut reaction to say no.

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Nov 2 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(_octinoxate @ Nov 2 2006, 02:12 AM) *

When I'm single I love being able to have terrible hygeine if I feel like it: nobody there to notice if my breath smells funky, if I'm overdue for a shower, if I haven't bought a razor in months... not that I ever let it get to shocking levels, but still, I can be much less meticulous.

Heh, I haven't shaved my legs since the beginning of October. I'm actually not sure if I've gone this long not shaving since I started. First it was just laziness and now I'm seeing how long I'll hold out. Right now is a time when I need to NOT be in a relationship. And i'm really liking that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
_octinoxate
post Nov 2 2006, 01:55 AM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

When I'm single I love being able to have terrible hygeine if I feel like it: nobody there to notice if my breath smells funky, if I'm overdue for a shower, if I haven't bought a razor in months... not that I ever let it get to shocking levels, but still, I can be much less meticulous.

I also like being free to accept or decline dates as I please and investigate any possiblities that interest me, letting my impluses be my only guide and not having to feel restricted by previous commitments (and then later wonder "what if"...)

(Maybe I should get single again.)

Great thread title, btw.

+Quote Post
anna k
post Oct 24 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm so used to being alone that I would feel too territorial in sharing my bed every night with somebody. I like taking off and finding things to do on my own and not having to hang out with someone all the time like it's a chore or a duty when I'd rather run free and alone.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Oct 24 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #15

sassygrrl

Heh Fuego, I did that (eat cookies in bed) last night!

Raisingirl, I agree with you as well. I love that I have freedom. smile.gif

+Quote Post
fuego_lento
post Oct 23 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

I love that I can eat cookies in bed (like right now) and not need to apologize to anyone for leaving crumbs on the sheets.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Oct 23 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #17

PANTIES! ew.

Yeah, Erin! Awesome that you restarted this. I hope it is more popular this time around and we can keep it going.

This has to do with the feeling of freedom that comes from not having a live-in boyfriend: I loooooooove coming home from work and being able to have the choice of enjoying the silence and being alone with my own thoughts OR going out and not having to report to anyone where I'm going and how long I'm going to be gone for.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Oct 23 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #18

sassygrrl

With you on that stargazer, but you knew that. smile.gif

I love sleeping in my own bed (although it is quite small right now)....

And, I love having my time.

And Erin, it's great to flirt isn't it? Heh.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Oct 15 2006, 10:19 PM
Post #19

brown delicious

thanks erinjane for restarting this thread! i remember it from the old lounge.

yeah, i like sleeping with both pillows in my bed. i like having my own time. me time. my own schedule. i like my freedom.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Oct 15 2006, 04:12 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

(I meant to restart this last week but as usual, life got in the way, but here it is now!)

I missed this thread. I only recently became single again but I was missing this thread for a while because it was nice to come in and see that people were still having fun being single.

For me, it's really nice right now because I have so much on plate and it's such a relief to just go home and be by myself after classes and work and not have to worry about scheduling a significant other into my busy life.

Also, I was out last night with friends, and it felt good to take flirty glances around the room.

--------------------

+Quote Post
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30, 2014 - 02:33 AM