The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm Holding Out For A Hiro!, The HEROS appreciation association...
rogue
post Nov 14 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

I gotta say, I think I like this show so much because I've always hoped that my strangeness actually meant something cool - like that I had an ability or something. Mostly when I was growing up, not so much now, but it makes me identify with the characters a lot on the show. I was that kid that never really fit in and I still kind of feel like that now, but it's more or less chalked up to social anxiety and stuff these days. Obviously I can't hear people's thoughts or travel through time or never die, but you know - that would be cool. laugh.gif

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 13 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #2

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I have to admit that I lost all interest in this show after last season. Maybe watching it all at once would be the better way to do it.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
rogue
post Nov 13 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi Syb! I hear a lot from people who find Hiro/Ando goofy. I don't mind them but I get it - sometimes I'm like, okay guys, what tomfoolery can your get yourselves into now? But I can't help the love because I find James Kyson Lee ridiculously attractive. Like I said in the Starfucker thread, I'm not usually into Asian men but Oh Mah Lawd, he's delicious.

I definitely have love for angsty Peter Petrelli, too. Milo Ventimiglia is awesome. Loved him as Jess on GG and love him now. He can do no wrong.

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Nov 13 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #4

it's cards on the table time

Rogue, I'm currently catching up on season 3 and am almost done, so I hope to join you here before too long... I find the Hiro/Ando stuff a bit too goofy and I am beyond sick of Claire's angst, but on the other hand I'm always curious about what Mrs Petrelli is up to and it is always a pleasure to watch the Sylar.

+Quote Post
rogue
post Nov 13 2009, 06:22 AM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

So I know that this thread is all but dead (as it hasn't been written in in over a year!) but I have to say - I just started watching Heroes this year and I've finally caught up to this season and I LOVE IT. It seems like some of you were becoming disenchanted with it this year but I can't help it. I think it's such a kickass show! I've been watching it online and I can't wait to find out what happens, ever. I watch many, many episodes in a row - good thing I'm a pretty boring person in my everyday life, hehe.

Also - I love Sylar. L.O.V.E. him. I think ZQ does a great job with him and he's delicious (see Starfucker thread, haha).

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Oct 13 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #6

Pacifism kicks ass!

Kitten, I totally agree. This show is becoming a little too fucked up.

So, what happened to Sylar's super-duper-hearing power? Has he somehow lost some of his powers? And why doesn't he have that so-called "hunger" to cut into people's heads lately?

That thing with Ando & Hiro ... seriously. Shit like that makes me want to give up on this show. I'm sure it'll all be okay, but please. Gimmee a fuckin' break.

+Quote Post
.eilleen.
post Oct 13 2008, 08:13 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

Yatta! Currently watching...

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Oct 13 2008, 09:38 AM
Post #8

So apparently the theme for this year is, "That was one seriously fucked up episode!" I am really liking it, though. Although I wish Peter would regain some of his sense of humor. He is just boring as hell when he is all moody.

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 23 2008, 08:52 PM
Post #9

Very Bad Reception ruined my viewing pleasure. i can't watch online because i am in canada. i missed the whole last season so i am totally confused about EVERYTHING! *pissy*

+Quote Post
.eilleen.
post Sep 23 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

I loved that man on GG. I knew he was going places when he left (though I was so sad). Bedford Diaries was not good enough for his acting nor stage presence.

le sigh

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Sep 23 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #11

Pacifism kicks ass!

eileen, I soothed my Peter Petrelli needs by watching old episodes of Gilmore Girls. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
.eilleen.
post Sep 23 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

All I have to say is: thank the heavens that Peter Petrilli is back in my life.

I may have gotten my fella hooked on the thanks to last night's episode. biggrin.gif

Anyone else getting a sexual vibe between Peter and Claire? Umm, they are niece and uncle, remember? I know they are dating/living together irl, but still. Leave the sexual chemistry at home and off the set. Unless Nathan isn't really her father?!?

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Sep 23 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #13

Pacifism kicks ass!

So, did anybody else watch the new episode last night? I think it's available on the NBC website in case you missed it.

Here are my thoughts ...

I can't say I'm surprised that Mohinder shot himself up with the serum. I could tell that he would jump at any chance to be special like everyone else. I hate what it did to his personality, though. Did he have to have sex with that death-eyes chick? Please.

I found out over the summer that Peter was the shooter. Now I wonder what's going to happen to the real Peter from this time period? And how did the scarred-Peter "hide" him in the body of that other guy?

I caught on quickly that no one else could see Mr. Linderman but Nathan. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that Mr. L might be able to bring himself back to life since he could do that to everything else he touched. But why & how is he invisible?

Nikki may have been the biggest surprise for me. Not the fact that she survived the explosion or that she has a new personality & can't remember her old one. Rather, I'm surprised by that freezing power she has now! What a gruesome way to kill somebody! I totally did not see that coming.

I'm annoyed with Hiro for taking the forumla out of the safe. What a dumbass thing to do. The super-fast chick seems cool, though, so I'm not terribly upset at this twist in the storyline.

Mrs. Petrelli can see the future ... or potential futures or something. Right? But here's the thing that really gets me: did she say that she is Sylar's real mother?! What the hell?!?!?

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Jan 3 2008, 08:42 AM
Post #14

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Watched the last four eps over the festive period.

So... who's the shooter? any theories? I am DYING to know!

Mama Petrelli is indeed hardcore and her power is extreme persuasiveness.

Pa Bennett returned to the Company because they threatened to take care of Claire (shoot her through head?) 'Nuff said.

I love that he was Stephen Carrington! (psst, sixela: your namesake is my favourite character in a soap EVER!)

I adore Elle smile.gif.

I think Maya is going to start kicking ass and stop being such a sniveling sap.

Agree with the writers' strike but damn it to hell! I want the rest of the season, not to mention Origins.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Dec 10 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #15

Apparently Adrian Pasdar keeps a YouTube account with little short clips that he makes while episodes are filming. They are really cute and funny.

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
MaybeSparrow
post Dec 5 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

In response to ya'll

--I also thought Sylar was getting a little cliche in his evilness, I hope that they fix that. Peter is the cliche trench coat wearing bad ass...when hes feeling really bad-ass, he pops the collar. Yuck. dry.gif
--Why doesn't Hiro just effing KILL Adam...stop being such a baby and cut his head off already!
--It does suck that Bennet went back to the company but...hes way smarter then them and I think he will find a way out, or bring them down from the inside. He is my favorite character by far at the moment.

As for my own thoughts,

--I feel bad saying this, but I was excited when Maya was shot. Her story is so boring to me, and I was glad they were ending it. How funny would it be if she married Mohinder and they raised the little girl. You heard it here first ladies!
--How hard-core is Mama Petrelli, I mean, even her own son is a line shes willing to cross!
--I am sick to death of Claire's "almost crying" whispery voice....and how Smallville is that bf of hers...

Anyways, just some random thoughts. I'm really pumped for the show to start back up.

--------------------
"Acquiring knowledge is like biting into a cheese that gets bigger with every bite" --Henry Miller

+Quote Post
pepper
post Dec 4 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #17

damn damn damn!
i can't watch episodes in canada, or at least i can't find them online. and it's been forever since i went to my mom's in the states.
i downloaded some torrents but they are the burn and view kind and i am just not that technically inclined i'm afraid.
so i Won't read all you've written here, as much as i am tempted. i'll exercise some patience and wait 'til i figure out how to watch what's on my computer.
i don't usually like tv but for this dark comic-book-come-to-life i make an exception.
tell me, was it at least good? and how many episodes were there? i found 6 so far.
thanks!

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Dec 4 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #18

Pacifism kicks ass!

I can't believe that was the season finale. Sniff. We need more! Here's hoping the writer's strike ends soon.

I think Niki will survive simply because we didn't actually see her body. I'm always suspicious of explosions on TV anyway. wink.gif

During the whole incident in the safe, I knew that someone was patiently waiting from the sidelines (and that was before they even showed the blinking hidden camera). I mean, when you've got a vault hiding stuff that important, you're bound to have a camera or three on it. And I had a feeling that they were just going to sit back and bide their time & decide what to do from there. And I knew that they'd find a way to stop the press conference. But I was still shocked that Nathan was shot. I know I should have seen it coming, but I didn't.

In my opinion, it didn't seem very Hiro-like to leave Adam in that grave. I don't know ... I can't put my finger on why, but something about that felt very thrown-together-at-the-last-minute. Another writing decision influenced by the writer's strike? Who knows.

I'm upset that Mr. Bennet is back with The Company. I thought he had a stiffer spine than that. I wonder what they said that changed his mind. Dammit, there's too much secrecy. It's annoying!

Sylar is also annoying me. He's being too stereotypically evil. "After you, [heavy pause] Doctor." Ugh. Gimme a break.

Here's the thing that really confuses me: Peter's girlfriend, Caitlin, is stuck in the future where the virus has killed most of humanity. But now that version of the future no longer exists. So what does that mean for Caitlin? Is she still stuck in the future, but in a new non-virus version of the future? Or what?

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Dec 4 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #19

Well I am going to miss this show until it comes back. sad.gif Did anyone else laugh when Sylar just yelled out "Ouch" when Mohinder stuck him with the needle? Big bad serial killer, felled by needle fear.
Nice to see Peter start thinking and stop behaving like such a himbo. I now wonder if Adam was manipulating his mind or something. Adams resting place just freaked me out. I cannot belive that Hiro did that to him. You know he will be getting out and I guess that Hiro just isn't a killer, but god did that just mess with my head!
I kind of thought that things were going to end for Nathan the way that they did. It seemed that his story was over and now it is time for Peter to be the head of this crusade. As for Niki, well dammit, I actually liked her and would have liked to see her do more. And poor little Micah. What is he going to do now.

And when will Nichell Nichols start doing something? They cast her for a reason, right?

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Dec 2 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #20

Hardcore BUSTie

I have been so distracted and busy I have missed the last four or five episodes, sad.gif I think I am going to have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

*runs out before I read any spoilers*

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 03:52 PM