Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

59 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Just In..., The News Thread
auralpoison
post Apr 2 2010, 02:32 AM
Post #41

Big Fat Bitch

Great. On more thing to worry about with our lady parts: micro tumor on woman's ovary makes her insane in the membrane.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 1 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #42

Big Fat Bitch

Hah! Next time your fella asks you to fetch him a beer during a game you can regale him with this: Ancient Mesopotamian broads brewed the first beers.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 31 2010, 02:33 AM
Post #43

Big Fat Bitch

Ricky Martin is a homosexual. Just thought I'd give you all the 411. rolleyes.gif

In other homosexual news, Fred Phleps & the Westboro Baptist Church have pretty much mastered the appeals process. It really, really bothers me that these hateful "people" share my oxygen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Mar 20 2010, 05:09 PM
Post #44

It's Calamity Jenn

QUOTE(ketto @ Mar 20 2010, 04:09 PM) *
Sounds like a big stretch. I mean, MAYBE that's a skull, but really, what are the chances that you would just happen to accidentally take a picture of a body. I would highly doubt an in tact skeleton would even be found since fish and animals were probably taking bits and pieces over the last 5 years.

See, that's what I think. It's a long stretch, a very long stretch. And no matter how I look at it, if I turn my head sideways and squint my eyes, I still can't impose a human form on that image.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
ketto
post Mar 20 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #45

Hardcore BUSTie

Sounds like a big stretch. I mean, MAYBE that's a skull, but really, what are the chances that you would just happen to accidentally take a picture of a body. I would highly doubt an in tact skeleton would even be found since fish and animals were probably taking bits and pieces over the last 5 years.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 19 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #46

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I guess I see what could be a skull on its side in the upper left quadrant of the photo (there's sort of that round part with what looks like a jaw bone coming out of it.) Not sure I see an entire skeleton, though. Still worth checking out, though, and I hope it turns out to be her, just so there's some closure for her family and maybe a solution to what happened to her.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Mar 19 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #47

It's Calamity Jenn

Photo of human remains? It isn't gruesome, so don't worry about clicking the link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010...ains_in_wa.html

The photo was taken by snorkelers. They think that the mass to the right is human remains, and they allege that everyone to whom they show the picture agrees.
But I just can't see human remains... all I see are rocks and marine plants. What about you all?

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
ketto
post Mar 16 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #48

Hardcore BUSTie

Hmmm...I'll have to look at what the options are on ours. I'm curious now.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Mar 16 2010, 09:05 AM
Post #49

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Well, you can indicate the sex of each person in the household is and they ask what the relationship is (can't remember how it's worded exactly) and there's an option for "unmarried partner" as well as "spouse" and "roommate" (as well as some other options- I don't have the form in front of me) so it could be deduced that two same sex people, who list themselves as married or unmarried partners would be gay.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
ketto
post Mar 16 2010, 08:00 AM
Post #50

Hardcore BUSTie

Does the US census not provide any data on same-sex relationships? I think our 2001 census was the first to start collecting information on this.

Love the stickers.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 15 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #51

Big Fat Bitch

Thanks! That's so cool. I just sent away for mine, I just got my big bad scary census form today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
anarch
post Mar 15 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #52

Hardcore BUSTie

for those filling out the US census:

the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force wants us to "queer the census" by adding a special sticker . . . to seal the back of the census envelope. The sticker allows a person to record their LGBT status. It's also worth noting that there is a box to tick if you are a straight ally, so even if you aren't LGBT yourself, you can record your support for the LGBT people in your life - your brothers, sisters, parents or friends - and their right to be counted.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 7 2010, 10:53 PM
Post #53

Big Fat Bitch

YES! THE FIRST FEMALE BEST DIRECTOR OSCAR WINNER! CONGRATS TO BIGELOW & HURT LOCKER!

Hopefully this will open the door for more female directors!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sageykins
post Feb 28 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #54

Hardcore BUSTie

Both of the kids (teens) are ok! Thanks for the positive thoughts and vibes, they've talked to Tyler in Chile- his dad said he sounded a little shaken but ok. Mary in Hawaii is also all right- no big tsunami to worry about. Thanks busties!

+Quote Post
sageykins
post Feb 27 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #55

Hardcore BUSTie

Hawaii-kiddo ok- they heard from someone who oversees the group she's with- they're safe. No word from Chile-kiddo though.
I'm always amazed by my kids- the things they have done with their lives and are doing now.... Mary (Hawaii) is 19, and Tyler (Chile) is 18. Unbelievable to me they are where they are now.
(sorry, random aside).

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Feb 27 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #56

It's Calamity Jenn

Looks like the tsunami is expected to hit Hawaii at 3:20p Central. It's great, though, that they have warnings so far in advance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Feb 27 2010, 08:36 AM
Post #57

brown delicious

I hope you hear from these kids you worked with, sageykins.

*~*~*be safe vibes for Chile and Hawaii*~*~*

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
sageykins
post Feb 27 2010, 07:58 AM
Post #58

Hardcore BUSTie

Earthquake in Chile- one of the teens I used to work with is there, and another one of my kiddos is in Hawaii which may be hit by a possible Tsunami... Send prayers/love/good vibes please... Tyler (in Chile) and Mary (in Hawaii)...
Thanks Busties.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Feb 25 2010, 10:39 AM
Post #59

Hardcore BUSTie

jsmith, not only that, but this is the third trainer that this particular whale has killed - one was killed by this whale and two others in 91 and a man who snuck into the tank was killed in 99 by this whale alone.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Feb 24 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #60

It's Calamity Jenn

Sea World Orca Kills Trainer
How sad. It's sad that these animals are kept in captivity, and it's sad that this woman was killed. Bad deal all around.

--------------------

+Quote Post

59 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 20, 2014 - 05:36 AM