The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Invasion Of The Pod People, your favorite podcasts
grrrlyouwant
post Feb 19 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

hear hear! i'm still waiting on how i can change itunes' default download folder.

--------------------
and with her step, i move my feet and with her hand, i feel my skin and with her need, i find i'm saved
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Feb 19 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #2

(o)(o)

There must be more ipod discussion!

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Feb 9 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #3

Has anyone checked out the 93.3 WMMR's Preston & Steve Podcast yet? They are really funny. You won't regret it.

+Quote Post
grrrlyouwant
post Feb 9 2007, 02:15 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

i did download itunes last night, and oh my god, so much fucking content, i love it! but it's not compatible with any other player than an ipod on a windows system, as far as transferring content. i figured out i could go get the files from the folder they save to on my computer, and transfer them that way using my player software's 'add media', which allows me to add files from anywhere on my computer. but that's tedious. and i can't use the zencast podcast software, because it won't download the new casts for the shows i'm subscribed to and half the time won't allow me to subscribe to the ones i want. itunes is just so much easier as far as finding and subscribing to new casts. what i'd like to do is change the settings on my itunes so that the files are downloaded to my zencast folder, which automatically loads new material as soon as i connect my player. i can't seem to find an option to to change that on itunes though. anyone who knows how to do it, please post!

--------------------
and with her step, i move my feet and with her hand, i feel my skin and with her need, i find i'm saved

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Feb 5 2007, 02:37 PM
Post #5

(o)(o)

You can get all sorts of cool stuff with iTunes. There is a whole lot with HBO and NPR.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
grrrlyouwant
post Feb 5 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

all right, this is a great thread you guys! i've got so much new content to go through my little head is spinning. i found something on virgin radio's site call the geoff show. it kinda sucks that they edit out the music, but geoff and anna belle are funny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Feb 5 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #7

(o)(o)

Grrlyouwant, what a great thread title!

I have subscribed to Bill Maher's shows, some NPR stuff, and National Geographic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Feb 4 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

The This American Life podcasts are available for free for a week--however, once you download them, they stay on your playlist for as long as you like.

I know, because I love them so!! They are the best work out accompaniment I know.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
mornington
post Feb 4 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #9

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

I like the ones from BBC radio four... I get women's hour, from our own correspondant, and usually the topical comedy quiz as well. Here

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Feb 4 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #10

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

fab thread title! I'm not that au fait with podcasts, preferring good old fashioned music on my ipod, but Ricky Gervais's podcasts are amusing.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
sidecar
post Feb 4 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #11

Queen of the underground

I listen to The Sound of Young America, Sound Opinions and BBC News. I liked Tim Gunn's podcast a lot.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Feb 4 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #12

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

You can can subscribe to podcasts of This American Life through iTunes. I think that they only stay on your playlist for a week, though.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Feb 4 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #13

Pacifism kicks ass!

Great thread idea! I was just about to "third" the nomination in Community Forum when I saw that it was already here. Yay! Great title, too!

I am a bit of a grammar geek, so I really enjoy Grammar Girl's podcasts. You can listen to her stuff on her website, but I think it's available for free on iTunes, too.

When I remember to, I also listen to Dan Savage's podcasts. Note that this is not just an audio copy of his regular sex advice column; he answers additional questions on the podcast.

I used to listen to some knitting podcasts, too, but I lost interest after a while.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Feb 4 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #14

Preston & Steve WMMR podcasts. Hysterical!!

+Quote Post
grrrlyouwant
post Feb 4 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

yay, my first bust thread! biggrin.gif post your favorite podcasts or places to get cool content.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 19, 2014 - 07:21 PM