The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Return Of The Vintage Busties, over 35 & fabulous,dahling!
sybarite
post Aug 9 2007, 07:07 AM
Post #81

it's cards on the table time

Bump?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jul 24 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #82

Hardcore BUSTie

I just went to my girlfriends 40th birthday weekend bash and it was awesome.

I think most of my women friends are in their 30s and I don't think it's just older women who can be catty and competitive. I had a girlfriend call me up to complain that she had to hang out with these really uptight women who were out at a park in the middle of summer and had to bust out blotting tissue. She couldn't understand it. I told her it's cuz she is not used to hanging with women who are constantly concerned about their looks or only concerned about getting a man. I am fortunate that my women friends are all smart, confident, strong women. Just like you Busties!!

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jul 23 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #83

uh huh.

I definitely have to agree with Sybarite and Stargazer, I feel like I have so much more in common with people in general (male and female) who are in their mid to late twenties and early thirties than I do with people my own age (ugh, I can't bring myself to say my actual age, but late 30's)

I honestly don't mind saying my age per se, because I know that chronological years have nothing to do with anything, but I guess it's more of the rest of the world's perception of what someone in their late 30's is that makes me reluctant..

I have some friends my age, but most of my friends tend to be anywhere between 5 and 10 years younger than me. And as far as dating goes, I'm really not that interested in guys my age. Seems like when they get to be in thier late 30's, they're either bitter about some past relationship, if they haven't been in a serious relationship I start wondering what the hell is wrong with them that they've never had a serious relationship by that point in thier lives, or else they are divorced with kids and I have no desire to be insta mom. I have nothing against kids, I like kids. I just don't personally want to walk into a relationship that has that extra challenge to it. And like I said, I don't want to be insta mom.

It's funny, in the last year I've ended up having the "do you ever want to have kids" conversation with a few friends, both male and female, who are in their 30's, so I've been thinking about it a lot. I think that for me, in the past it would have been a deal breaker if I knew my (at this point, imaginary) partner didn't want to have kids. But now, it's not so much of a deal breaker. I've had to be real honest with myself and realize that I'm pretty happy with my life the way it is. I kinda like being able to pick up and go whenever I want to. And to be able to spend my extra money on stuff I want to buy for me or as gifts for friends, etc. Plus, there are a couple of people just getting into my industry that I've been kind of mentoring - I get so much out of it, and I wouldn't have the time if I had kids. So I think that there are other things that I can give my time to that are just as important.

That said, if I was to get pregnant I would have it - but I just don't see myself trying at this point to go out of my way to have kids. I'm not really disturbed by that. It's honestly never really been that much of a deal breaker for me, and it is becoming less so. I do agree that other people seem to have more of a problem with that outlook than I do.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jul 23 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #84

brown delicious

oh so glad for this thread. but, didn't the thread use to be for people 30 and over?? i'm 31 (going on 32)...can i join??

about the competition thing...i only sense that when i'm the only single gal in a room full of married/coupled people. i feel like that scene in bridget jones where she goes to dinner with all of those couples. yuck.

i don't feel older at all. i only feel older when people remind me that i'm unmarried and should settle down soon if i want to have kids. you know, the whole biological clock ticking thing. yeah, that doesn't make me want to rush into things one bit.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Jul 23 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #85

it's cards on the table time

Silly, what you describe doesn't surprise me. I don't like to be so reductive, but since I got into my 30s, most the women I meet are (at least initially) kind of chilly, territorial and look me up and down, whereas when I get talking to women in their 20s they're so much more relaxed and you can just have a normal conversation. I hate this idea that when women reach their 30s they somehow get competitive with each other but I do seem to see this play out alot.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jul 19 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #86

Hardcore BUSTie

Cool!

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Jul 18 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #87

cryostat bitch

Hmmm....well I believe that the Red Hat club allows younger members in, but they wear pink hats instead. wink.gif You can be our resident "lit'l squirt"... smile.gif

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jul 18 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #88

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey ladies, I will be turning 34 in September. Do i still get to hang?

+Quote Post
sassafrass
post Jul 14 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #89

BUSTie

Hey Silly, I'm s'prised you experienced that. I'm always s'prised when women are catty, etc. I'm 37 and I'm still friends with many of the girls I went to high school with, despite the fact that we've all moved to different states. We were really lucky in the sense that we all were loving and supportive: true friends. So I didn't grow up with the idea that female friendships would be competitive or mean. I feel sad for women who have no girlfriends b'cuz they've only experienced the negative and lump all women in the same category. Anyway, this could be a good forum; I hope more busties pipe up!

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Jul 13 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #90

cryostat bitch

Heh...and here I thought I had to be one of the only Busties to remember (and to have owned) Pong! I'm 39, will be 40 next february. I'm glad to see this thread!

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
sillygrrl13
post Jul 12 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #91

BUSTie

(Guess who's back? Silly's back. tongue.gif )
Been meaning to restart this thread... ya'll jump back in. Let's get caught up,dolls!

Here's a "Who-da thunk it?"
I joined a Meet-Up group for "women over 40." It started out kinda fun, but turned into a festering snake-pit of attitude & back-biting. Well, being that I worked out all my high school issues in high school (!), I jumped back out. Joined a "Girl's Night Out" group (gotta find gals to hang with that aren't completely about hubby & kids,know what I'm saying?), & even though I'm at least 10 years older than most of the members, it is WAY more fun & WAY less drama! I really didn't expect that at all. Any thoughts?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 26, 2014 - 04:53 AM