The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> Video Killed The Radio Star, Post Your Favorite Music Videos
crazyoldcatlady
post Jul 30 2007, 06:13 PM
Post #1

the moistiest

cause i wanna take you downtown

i heart peaches. and it pains me that that fat fucking gariputo perezhilton is ass-buddies with her.

and can i just say this thread rocks? i'm still going through all the vids here...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jul 30 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #2

sesame -

that family guy video is soooo funny. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

+Quote Post
sesame
post Jul 29 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #3

BUSTie

I think I found my new thread addiction. Thank you Pugs!! That A-Ha video...classic! Do you ever watch Family Guy? Being a child of the '80's, and a fan of that show, this makes me laugh EVERY TIME.

LOVED the Bjork, All Is Full of Love video. As soon as I saw this thread I thought of her old stand-by, and one of my all-time favorites, Human Behavior.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jul 28 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

I feel just like Martha Quinn!

here's my fav Smith's song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2tdF6ziim7E

another reason to love the eighties

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GmUTyyR8nLs

As if we needed any more proof about how PJ Harvey is a total Badass

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cq3FlgXGTd0

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jul 27 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #5

the moistiest

ooooo i am mad crushing on this thread already, will be back later to post more but i wanted to say i love that dresden dolls video smile.gif

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 27 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #6

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Oh, missladyj, I forgot about that video. Reminded me of how much I love the Basement Jaxx video, Where's Your Head At- ha ha, evil monkeys!

And Fatboy Slim's Weapon of Choice video with Christopher Walken...did you know the only time they used a stunt double was where he jumps from the table onto the marble floor because the marble would be too hard on his knees?

Another favorite: The Rentals, Friends of P. Yes, that's the guy from Weezer, the drummer, I think.

Sleep Now in the Fire by Rage Against the Machine

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
anna k
post Jul 27 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

Buffalo Stance! I love that song, I like imitating Neneh's accent and keeping up with her raps. "wearing padded bras, sucking beer through straws."

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jul 27 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #8

Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity is so freaking cool. That's one of Mr. Pug and my's favorite videos. We had to watch it when we found it on ondemand.

Fuck Me Pumps was great. My sister likes her and I showed her the video.

Gorillaz rock. I love Feel Good Inc.

Here is another one of my favorite videos

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jul 27 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

Pugs, you rule for starting this thread. My favorite Janet Jackson video is for Pleasure Principle. Her ass looks so great!

sixel - I Love the fuck me pumps that is funny as shit and true!!

swedishchick -The Bjork video was absolutely stunning. Who directed it? the video for Hunter is also super cool.

anna - I totally agree about George Michaels Father Figure

Here are some of my faves.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3EQCOshGwPI Huh ? Sucka? Who remembers this?

I love the Gorillaz their videos always rule being cartoons and all

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KCy928QJCDE

and this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gJmX1z1NY2c

+Quote Post
anna k
post Jul 27 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

I liked Ciara's Promise too. The song reminds me of Prince's Adore and Aaliyah's One in a Million, and I like Ciara's style and sophiscated looks. She's only 21 but she's a very cool pop singer.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jul 26 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #11

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

So it's pretty sad that I *really* had to think about the last music video that really "wowed" me. Like, who's showing music videos anymore? Oh yeah, YouTube.

I feel like a dork for not knowing about The Dresden Dolls sooner, but that I know about them now is what really matters, right? Right?
Coin-Operated Boy
Coin Operated Boy, version for the Buffy fans
Girl Anachronism (where was this song when I was 15?!?!)

Thanks for that NIN video, catlady- reminds me of what a sexxy mutha Trent is. oh, and at least you *can* narrow down your favorite Tori video. I have about 6 that I love...maybe 8...okay 12....

This is just a small sample of what I like. It's been so long since I actually thought about it!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jul 26 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #12

crazyoldcatlady- Nine Inch Nails is fucking sexy.

swedishchick - i really liked that bjork video.

QUOTE(anna k @ Jul 26 2007, 09:53 PM) *
Janet (orgasm sounds in Throb), but I loved the sensuality in the music videos

Metallica's Turn the Page

Kylie Minogue's Come into My World: This video is incredibly hypnotic, and I can't resist her cuteness.

Missy Elliott's Lose Control

Aaliyah

George Michael Father Figure (I find this one really romantic and dark and sexy and creepy all at the same time)

Christina Aguilera- Dirrty

Anna K -

I too like Throb even more now that I actually get it.

Metallica's Turn the Page is a great song. I don't listen to them as much as I used to.

Missy Elliott's great, I like the song The Rain

Ciara's Promise Get Up Like a Boy Oh

Aaliyah - Oh God!!! Don't get me started listing her great songs and videos. My favorite is More Than a Woman. She's so beautiful. I miss her so.

I agree that Kylie Minogue is very, very cute and I've never seen that video. It's pretty freaking cool. Although, I think it was starting to affect my vertigo. tongue.gif *getting dizzy, seeing more then one Kylie*

Okay, I'm getting carried away. That's it for now. smile.gif

OH, OH!!! One more!

Pat Benatar

+Quote Post
sixelacat
post Jul 26 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #13

Creating demon-radical feminist hybrids since 1974

This video is just really amusing me lately. It's Amy Winehouse looking, well, about as healthy as you're likely to ever see her. And EVERYBODY'S got a bar full of these girls in their town somewhere!

eta: Oh, and here's a CLASSIC I never ever ever get tired of!

--------------------
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!

+Quote Post
greenbean
post Jul 26 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

This is my favorite vid of the year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggAlODRAarc

This isn't really a "music video", been its awesome cuz I was there, and it was maybe the best performance I've ever seen. I missed bjork to see these guys, they are that rad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nljNEh1aVqI

--------------------
I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty.--John Waters

+Quote Post
anna k
post Jul 26 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

I was big into Janet when I was 10. My mom got me her album, and the sexual stuff went over my head (orgasm sounds in Throb), but I loved the sensuality in the music videos for If, You Want This, Anytime, Anyplace, and That's The Way Love Goes.

I've liked recent videos by Feist, Peaches, Scissor Sisters, and The White Stripes.

I watched Bruce Springsteen's Human Touch, because that's my dream slow-dance song. It combines sexuality with rock and a downhome barroom feel to it. I always wanted to wear a 1940s-style dress and get down to that song on the dancefloor in a roadhouse, like "you're my woman and I'm your man" kinda thing. The video's kind of cheesy, with Bruce rocking out on his guitar under a bridge with his leather vest open to show that he's still hott. I like the train scenes, because I like the use of watching people on the train going home late at night.

Beck's "Girl," a video where the scenery folds up Mad Magazine-style to reveal hidden phrases. It reminded me of old Michel Gondry videos, and the song itself sounds happy, but is depressing. It was a really fantastic video that fell under the radar in 2005.

Metallica's Turn the Page: Watching this, I didn't think the woman was an actress, I thought she was a deadbeat stripper for real. Finding out she was Ginger Lynn was a surprise, it's a completely real and heartbreaking performance.

Kylie Minogue's Come into My World: This video is incredibly hypnotic, and I can't resist her cuteness.

Missy Elliott's Lose Control: I found this really fascinating as a video, and loved the sepia-toned section with the prairie dresses and square-dancing to hip-hop. It sounds really simple, but I thought it was really unique.

Favourite Music Videos of All Time

U2 - All I Want is You
Tupac - Temptations
The Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank (Sofia Coppola as a gymnast)
Aaliyah - One in a Million (my favourite song by her, and what introduced me to her style and look of sunglasses, big jackets and sporty pants, and the diamond in her navel when she danced with Ginuwine)
Chris Issak - Wicked Game (Helena, the black sand on her, the beautiful photography), Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing (Laetitia Casta and voyeurism)
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979, Today (reminds me of my grunge days and getting into rock music), Tonight, Tonight (gorgeous and beautiful and hella creative)
George Michael - Freedom 90, Too Funky, Father Figure (I find this one really romantic and dark and sexy and creepy all at the same time)
Christina Aguilera- Dirrty
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Warped
Garbage - Queer (Shirley in b&w just owning the words) Push It, The World is Not Enough (grand and really fantastic)
Meatloaf - I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) (I fucking loved this video as a kid, and adored the Beauty and the Beast glamour factor)
LL Cool J - Around the Way Girl (This video feels so natural, as if LL really went to Queens and videotaped random girls hanging out in the street. They have these cute big grins on their face, and the date in the corner, October 1990, was my birth month, so that made me beam)
Tricky - Christiansands
Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way (Shit, it's been 12 years, but I still think this: at the 1993 MTV Movie Awards, they played this song during a clip of Harrison Ford jumping out of the pipe in The Fugitive, and this song always makes me want to bungee jump or do acrobatics or something really athletic and cool)

+Quote Post
swedishchick
post Jul 26 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #16

BUSTie

Björk - All is full of love is since forever my favourite music video.

It's just so beautiful and yet has amazing special effects.

+Quote Post
octobersky
post Jul 26 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

Crazy - thanks for posting, haven't seen it in a long time but I've always loved the merging of Ed Gorey/Tim Burton styles.

I was watching Duran Duran videos the other day - wow am I showing my age!

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jul 26 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #18

the moistiest

oh my cod, everytime i see THIS video, i fall in love all over again.

and, i think some toriphiles will vehemently disagree, but i think THIS video is ms. amos's best.

+Quote Post
catsoup
post Jul 26 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #19

Sarcasm is the refuge of losers.

That whole album had a bunch of good videos. If was pretty good too if I remember correctly. She does (or did I guess, haven't seen one in awhile) good videos - must be the Jackson tradition.

Love the idea of this thread.

Okay, fuck. I keep trying to post my favorite Janet video and it ain't working. It's Got Til It's Gone.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jul 26 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #1

Okay, I'm not that good at starting new threads. This is only my second one so here goes.

This is a thread to post or discuss music videos that you like or dislike or what not. Thanks to pollystyrene for the thread name.

I'll start.

I haven't seen this video in forever. I found it the other day and remembered how much I really liked it growing up and still like it now. It's Janet Jackson's Anytime, Anyplace video that came out in 1993. The song is off her janet album. My favorite of all her albums. I was 11 years old when this video came out and it was one of my favorites. I realize now that I probably didn't understand and shouldn't have been watching it so young. Probably why I'm such a lusty hornball now. As you can see my parents didn't really keep track of what I watched on tv.

+Quote Post
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 25, 2014 - 10:19 AM