The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Sleep In A Bed Of Lettuce...the Dream Thread
candycane_girl
post Oct 15 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

musicfit, there's actually already a thread called "why did I dream of so and so naked?"

I don't usually visit it but a lot of people like to just go in there and analyze dreams and whatnot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
musicfit
post Oct 14 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #2

I had to resurrect my dream thread. I had a really cool really wierd one last night.

It all started with me walking into a long defunct coffee shop I used to frequent my undergraduate years at Western Michigan U called the Comet Cafe. All the hipsters sitting and talking were looking at me like I had no business there. Then I went to order my coffee and they were out of cups. The last ones (paper ones) were dirty and stacked in a small stack. I was disappointed, so the barrista said, "But we do have another thing, do you want to try to put coffee in it?" I said, "sure," He immediately put this chicken in front of me, pulled its head off and started pouring the coffee into it (oddly, there was no blood). Then he had a little crack of a smile at the humor of me accepting a drink of coffee from the neck of a chicken. I looked around me, and all these gaunt hipster guys were looking at me like I was the most uncool person they'd ever laid eyes on. I grabbed my chicken, feeling the warmth around its stomach, where the coffee was. I walked over to sit on a comfy couch and was trying to get a thought out of my head about this artsy guy I had an obsessive crush on my undergrad years (the one who had introduced me to said coffee shop). I was wondering, 'Is that him over there?' I fought an embarrassing thought, 'I will always be looking for him.') Then I sat down next to a little girl and said hi to her. She looked at me, said, hi, then looked away. I realized she was watching television. I decided to take my last shred of dignity home with my chicken full of coffee. It was alive...squirming in my arms and I thought about how crazy I was thinking I could drink coffee out of a chicken and how strange it was that the coffee was down there? How would I drink it? I took my disturbed self home and once I was home, I realized it was now just a container, since I pulled the head off and it was actually a stopper top with a plastic base. So I poured the coffee out of the chicken into a coffee cup and drank it.

Then a slew of events having to do with my in-laws and my mother-in-law's woes about my father-in-law no longer living with her and having to sell a kitchen table in order to afford something. I remember I was doing something fun with my cousins-in-law, but I don't remember what it was.

The next part was also bizarre. I was in my parents' home and my dad told me he found a turtle in my old closet. I saw it, it was huge (like sea turtle size) and was all covered in black dirt from being in my closet all these years. I remembered that we had found a turtle that big in my closet back in 1988. My dad told me it was the same one, it had been in there the whole time. I saw it lumbering around...all slow and was amazed it was still alive. How could I not have known all those years that it was there?! Wouldn't I have seen it moving around?! Poor turtle! Then my dad said he was going to kill it. I said, no! Don't kill it! I begged him not to kill it, but he was determined. I then saw a pretty little turtle-shaped casket he had made for it. Then I woke up.

Wow. ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 17, 2014 - 06:09 AM