The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "the List": Things To Do Before I Die....
thenewrussia
post Feb 1 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #1

BUSTie

1. Swim with Dolphins (i stole that from your ^^^ list)
2. Own a 2 seater fast car
3. Go to Fiji
4. buy my mom a huge house
5. Meet and hang out with my Favorite Celebs/Icons (I.e Oprah)
6.Speaking of Oprah i wanna make it on her show!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
olivarria
post Feb 1 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

Sorry BunnyB....i completely forgot about the top five thread. i can understand how all these threads can clutter up the boards. Isn't there a movie coming out called "Bucket List" (with Jack Nicholson)?. At first i wasn't sure what you meant by bucket list but then i thought of the movie. I originally made a list in my teens and kept adding to it, and some i have crossed off already (like i met my biological dad). There is a great movie called "My Life Without Me" that made me think of this also. personally i think my list is kinda lame but it can be modified of course as i grow older.....

--------------------
"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin

+Quote Post
sexysandee
post Feb 1 2008, 08:33 AM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

I always try to stay away from things this morbid, but I think it's a good one.... I would post here and change my mind and post again...and so on

--------------------

"This could be the very minute
I'm aware I'm alive
All these places feel like home"

+Quote Post
dusty
post Feb 1 2008, 08:27 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

I think this is a great idea for a thread...I would have approved it!

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Feb 1 2008, 06:48 AM
Post #5

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

olivarria, it could be a fun thread but please in future run any thread ideas through the community forum first to generate interest. That's the way we've always done it and some of us are stuck in our ways. You'll find that a thread idea can often be incorporated into an existing thread, rather than take up more space (we can't delete threads). For instance, this list could easily have fit into this thread (you could have made your list longer if you wished or whittled down your list to the five main things you want to do before you die). I may have to add my own Bucket List. Oh, and you should totally come to Glasgow; it's a great city.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
olivarria
post Jan 31 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

This is a question i think about a lot....at the end of my life what do i want to have accomplished? Not just career or family-wise, but where i want to travel, what i want to do artistically, and what i want to experience. So far, I have:

1. Get my masters' degree and devote my life to being a librarian.
2. Ride on a train across the country.
3. Get a shiatsu massage.
4. Have (at least) one art exhibition of my own.
5. Publish my novel and short stories.
6. Go whale watching and swimming with dolphins.
7. Build a nest egg and buy my own house in Central TX.
8. When i have a real yard, adopt my own bullmastiff.
9. Read all the books on my list.
10. Find a man I love enough to marry him. Hopefully have a child.
11. Take pottery lessons.
12. Travel to all the places on my list: Marrakesh, Morocco, Portland, Oregon, Mexico City, NYC, London, Glasgow, New Orleans, Italy, and Holland.

That's all i have so far, but i thought it would be a fun thread and I was curious what other people would add to it.

--------------------
"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 23, 2014 - 03:55 AM