The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vodka Is A Bustie: The Bustie Guide To Vodka And Other Nectar, The Hooch thread
deschatsrouge
post Jul 31 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #1

A symphony of atrocities.

*Bump*

Has anyone ever had pulque? It's a wine made of agave nectar. I'm finding that the stuff in glass bottles made of blue agave tastes better. If anyone has ever had it and knows some good cocktails to make with it, I'd like to be enlightened.

--------------------
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." -Exodus 22:18
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Dec 12 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

I've never had mulled wine! I'm not sure how it would go over in my family.

I'm getting so excited for the holidays and related drinks! I usually make a drink that isn't necessarily holiday-ish, except that it's red. Just a mix of vodka, peach schnapps and cranberry juice. Super girly and very delicious. However, I saw a new recipe from the LCBO that I might just try. It's white cranberry juice and raspberry vodka. Simple but it sounds really good.

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Dec 12 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm having some friends over for dinner and Christmas baking tonight, which gives me an excuse to indulge in my favourite winter drink: mulled wine! I love bringing a thermosful of it to picnics and beach fires and stuff. Mmm. I'm not sure if everyone makes it the same way, but my version is a bottle of cheapo dry red wine, a few cups of water, a few tablespoons of sugar, 2 or 3 cinnamon sticks, 2 or 3 cloves (one clove too many will completely ruin it!), and thinly sliced rounds of orange and lemon. I put it in the slow cooker for a couple of hours until it's all spicy and fruity and perfect. Better go check on it now...

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Dec 10 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Anyone remember the recipe for a Russian Quaalude? Vodka, Kuhlua, Bailey's and Frangelica mixed??

More importantly, favorite sites for hooch recipes, anyone??

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 3 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #5

Big Fat Bitch

Holy shit!

After being left untended for more than a week, this cran/pom vodka is the tits! Deliciously tart, I think I'll add a bit of simple syrup before bottling & making little cocktail suggestion slips.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 26 2009, 06:26 AM
Post #6

Big Fat Bitch

OKAY! So the grapefruit ginger booze is tasty! I used Sobieski vodka since it's probably the smoothest middle of the road vodka I've found.

I've had the cranberry pom going for a few days. I figure it'll probably take longer since cranberries are quite hardy. So far it's faintly sweet & bright what with the pom seeds being so tender. Most of their colour is gone & the vodka is a faint pink.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 12 2009, 07:34 AM
Post #7

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

That could be done...maybe I'll make another one if you come visit us! wink.gif All the cool busties are doing it! (treehugger's visiting us this weekend!)

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 11 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #8

Big Fat Bitch

See now, you should freeze a piece of that horchata cheescake, pack it in dry ice & mail it to me! I made a horchata/toasted almond ice cream over the summer that rocked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 11 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #9

Thanks, AP. I was going to make pumpkin pie martinis for the Bustie get-together this weekend, but I decided last night to switch to horchata cheesecake. But I will keep your info in mind because at some point in my life, I will need it!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 11 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #10

Big Fat Bitch

The best vanilla vodka is hands down the Stoli Vanil, followed by Grey Goose. Smirnoff & Three Olives are good middle of the road purchases.

When buying liqueurs, I usually go with the DeKuyper's or Hiram Walker brands as they are pretty good quality. I always buy the white instead of the dark since most mixed drinks call for the former.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 10 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #11

What's a respectable vanilla vodka? I don't have time to make it myself.

Is there a creme de cacao that's better than others?

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 8 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #12

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jul 26 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Skittles hooch I am fine with. I objected to hot buttered popcorn booze, GT. Thass jus nasty.

I was researching Halloween drinks & came across a recipe that called for *kettle corn* infused gin. The Candy Corn Cocktail.

This week I am going to try my hand at infused vodka. I can't decide which way I want to go, though. Cranberry or pomegranate are seasonal, but I have a yen for grapefruit (maybe with ginger to add some warmth) or maybe even cucumber basil. A cucumber basil vodka & soda is very refreshing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Jul 31 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Aha, takes a bit of liquor to bring Angelle back into the fold tongue.gif I have nothing to add except *hi*

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post
angelle321
post Jul 30 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

I actually just made the skittles vodka this week! It turned out really well. I have only tasted it so far, haven't mixed up any drinks, but it's really tasty while still packing a punch.

I also have some pineapple soaking in vodka, some fresh cherries soaking in vodka, and some maraschino (sp?) cherries soaking in 151. I tried one and it made my tongue tingle. I don't know if I'll be able to handle those.

My next possible experiment is to do vodka with Lemonheads candy. Might be good, right? Think it would work?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 26 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #15

Big Fat Bitch

Skittles hooch I am fine with. I objected to hot buttered popcorn booze, GT. Thass jus nasty.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 26 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #16

new highs in personal lows daily!

i disagree with my hunny bun, aural. skittles vodka is no worse than all the loopy flavors of mad dog 20/20. it just doesn't have street cred.

i don't know about buttered popcorn booze. what would you mix it with? that sounds a bit too jones soda for me.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jul 25 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

How about wine? Any bustie winos in here? What bottles are you liking right now? I really like the Cremaschi Furlotti carmenere. Went to buy a bottle and accidentally bought Casillero del Diablo carmenere and liked it just as much! Cheap and tasty - under $14 here in Saskatchewan. I think the Cremaschi Furlotti is about the same. Made a really spicy veggie pasta tonight and had it with a 2008 Cono Sur pinot noir, and was surprised to find it paired really, really well. It's hard to pair reds with veggies, and I don't usually have much luck with spicy foods, either. I guess I'm into Chilean wine right now.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 8 2009, 12:28 AM
Post #18

Big Fat Bitch

No, no, it fucking wouldn't be right. That is WRONG on so many levels, HT. Buttered popcorn booze? WRONG! And as a confirmed drunk, I say NO!

--------------------

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jul 7 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

That Skittles vodka seems like a fun Christmas present, but they have gelatin in them... I wonder if you can do the same thing with Jelly Belly beans. Wouldn't buttered-popcorn vodka be great?

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jul 7 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #20

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

How did I not know there was a Hooch thread!!!! I know I am gettign in late on some of this conversation but...One of my favorite shots is called a wet pussy. i think it has Baileys, creem and somethign else. It's kinf of warm and nutty tasting!
Also a drink I like to make is called an Alien Secretion. It is I part fo each: vodka, pineapplejuice, malibu rum, midori melon. It's meant to be a shot, but sometime I just make a glass of it. Pretty potent! It also kind of looks like it is glowing becaus eof the midori.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 18, 2014 - 09:59 PM