The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

31 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For The Newbies...., ...post here before anywhere else...
snarky7
post Aug 15 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #121

Hardcore BUSTie

Hello Busties - it's been a long time since I've hung out here, but I am back and wanted to say hi. I once felt a kinship with some of you and and hoping to feel that again. laugh.gif I'm a 30-something-super-woman and single-mom-of-one. I have a real job too, but just recently completed Zumba instructor training and am loving my new possibilities in life. Looking forward to seeing you on the forums!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 14 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #122

Big Fat Bitch

Let us not take the proffered obvious bait. I Miss You is just trying to disrupt things.

Welcome, Legit Newbies: If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating & you won't see their posts anymore!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 11 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #123

Big Fat Bitch

Let us not take the proffered obvious bait.

Welcome, Legit Newbies: If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating & you won't see their posts anymore!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
Anne_Ecdote
post Aug 11 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #124

BUSTie

here

we

go

AGAIN

+Quote Post
mabbygirl
post Aug 11 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #125

tongue.gif me me me! Hey everyone! i am looking for a place to chat and chill. hoping to find some time in my life to get with others other than my normal daily peeps and my facebook friends. I would like to start some topics and try for some good ol discussion, so............. my name is mary beth, i live in florida, and i love to discuss everything! I read briefly about the trolls and i'd prefer not to be preached to, but not to say there cannot be open discussion on all topics but i have serious issues with close-minded people! hey, that's why we're at BUST!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep an eye out for my topics, i love to start discussions! i am totally new to the blog world of BUST, so hand in there with me!
xo
mary beth

+Quote Post
enfermera
post Aug 8 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #126

Hardcore BUSTie

bump!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 6 2010, 10:21 PM
Post #127

Big Fat Bitch

Oh, son of a bitch! I hope it was an accident & a not an intentional thing. Disagreements happen & lord knows we need a place to hash shit out around here. The times when we haven't used it to run somebody out on a rail (I'm lookin' at that asshole Funk.) it has worked wonderfully for Bustie conflict resolution.

Well, 'cept that one time, but that was pretty much a foregone conclusion long before it headed into TIO. It wasn't a good fit & it never was.

A thousand pardons to Totomoto as I was unaware that they'd locked down the TIO thread. I propose we table it until we get the TIO back, which probably won't happen until Monday. I do not wish to gum anything up if we don't have to even if fuckstick has already spread his magic in her thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
enfermera
post Aug 6 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #128

Hardcore BUSTie

hi new busties! just bumping AP's handy info. ignore the mess, and don't click any suspect links.

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Aug 6 2010, 10:28 PM) *
Most beautimous Bustie newbies, please excuse our dust & the clusterfuck-ery. Our resident troll has returned & is bringing the bullshit in a BIG fucking way.

If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts (IE: God Talk) go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating (IE: God Talk) & you won't see their posts anymore!

(AP, Take It Outside is locked; i think it happened when they were cleaning up GP's mess. when it rains, it pours, i guess.)

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 6 2010, 09:28 PM
Post #129

Big Fat Bitch

Most beautimous Bustie newbies, please excuse our dust & the clusterfuck-ery. Our resident troll has returned & is bringing the bullshit in a BIG fucking way.

If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts (IE: God Talk) go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating (IE: God Talk) & you won't see their posts anymore!

Totomoto, you're not new. Why are you addressing this in the Newbies thread instead of the Take It Outside thread where it belongs? By posting it here you just confuse the newbs & give a poor impression of the Lounge overall. And who has/where have you been compared to God Talk? Please, Take It Outside, thank you very much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
totomoto
post Aug 6 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #130

Hardcore BUSTie

Let me introduce myself. This is my regular board:

http://boards.fool.com/BestOf.asp?topwhat=rat

If you scroll down you will see that I am #19 of the Top Recommended Fools, Totolapse1. But here I am considered a troll and my Home IP is banned. Now how can I be considered a valuable contiributing member at the Moldy Fool and a Pariah here?

How am I classified in with God Talk here?

AP - that post was not meant to be offensive. At work they actually block the photos so I choose blindly, and normally they are just nasty little notes that people post to each other. I was surprised by that one. Ohh Well, that is what happens when you ban my IP.

Anyway, take a good look at The fool boards. We have thousands of people posting discussing argueing, etc., and no one is banned without multiple warnings. Ia dmit we don't have spam bots, but we have trolls. shoot, if you look at my profile you will find I change my name to BringDudeBack, one of my favorite liberal posters. He was supposed to be Permabanned, but we got him back. He is GHDude at the top of the list.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 6 2010, 07:06 PM
Post #131

Big Fat Bitch

Welcome newbies! Please ignore the troll!

To reiterate a helpful tip: If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating & you won't see their posts anymore!

--------------------

+Quote Post
arkadystar
post Aug 6 2010, 06:46 PM
Post #132

Auralpoison - Thank you, that IS awesomesauce! Love that! I am trucking on over to your links right now.

--------------------
Heroism is a matter of integrity--becoming more and more at each step ourselves. - Joseph Campbell

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 6 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #133

Big Fat Bitch

Hi Arkadystar! Welcome to the Lounge! Have fun & we look forward to getting to know you!

I went ahead & bumped the The Scary Playground of Life - The Bullied Thread thread for you. The I'm Mad As Hell! thread might also be a good place to let off some steam since it gets more play than the bullied thread.

And a helpful tip: If you'd like to avoid reading any troll posts go to My Controls. The left hand side of the page shows you your Menu. If you go all the way to the bottom you'll see the Options tab. There is a heading under it that says Manage Ignored Users. Click on it & you can add the name of anybody irritating & you won't see their posts anymore! Awesomesauce, yes?

--------------------

+Quote Post
arkadystar
post Aug 6 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #134

Hi! I have never used an online forum before, so please help me not mess it up. smile.gif I won't be *knowingly* breaking rules. I am looking forward to regular forum-ing (is there a verb for this?) if I can get the hang of the proper etiquette. Let's see, I'm 30, love books, am enjoying some cinnamon graham crackers...gee it's hard to know how to introduce oneself!

I have a specific thing on my mind that prompted me to seek out fellow awesome people on BUST. I have not had luck searching in the forum for this, so if you have any advice on where to look, or search terms, let me know, thanks! My specific issue concerns a coworker, although that part is only relevant because I am forced to see him once in awhile for work things. We're academics so we are competitive, but for no good reason. He's been a jerk to me for years, and I keep trying to forgive or at least forget, and sometimes he does too, but he always pisses me off again before too long. I get really broken up about it, and just had a fight with my husband about it, and this is driving me crazy! He triggers my issues, I trigger his, and I feel so bad about my inability to ignore him.

--------------------
Heroism is a matter of integrity--becoming more and more at each step ourselves. - Joseph Campbell

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Aug 5 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #135

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi candibunnehs, and welcome to the Lounge! May I offer you a gin and tonic, or some ginger biscuits?

*passes round tray*

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
Girl Power
post Aug 4 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #136

wink.gif

The BUST Lounge is a self-moderated discussion board, and members are free to express any and all opinions here. Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, and not necessarily the views of BUST Magazine or bust.com. We pride ourselves on being tolerant of any and all opinions, no matter how stupid and/or offensive. That said, any poster who purposefully tries to disrupt the basic functionality of this board will be banned, and their posts will be subject to deletion.

+Quote Post
candibunnehs
post Aug 4 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #137

hello BUSTIES!
I am new to this forum, and forums in general,
looking forward to learning to navigate through it all!

+Quote Post
enfermera
post Aug 4 2010, 07:40 AM
Post #138

Hardcore BUSTie

bump

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jul 22 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #139

brown delicious

Hi Southernbelle, welcome to the Lounge! smile.gif

Enjoy looking around and posting in here. If you have any questions about the threads and/or posting, please feel free to post them in the Community Forum thread. We hope you can become a contributing member here.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
SouthernBelleTat
post Jul 22 2010, 05:15 PM
Post #140

We are women why cant we all get along??(in regards to the last few posts seen below)
Either way, yes, I am new to Bust. I have ditched out of all social sites/de-friended all of my friends and you know what, I don't feel bad at all. It was quite liberating!! Which it has been a long time since I have left like that. So I am new and YES I plan to stay and get to know others, I promise I play well with and respect others views. Self-expression is very important to me and weather or not others see my view or not. I am not here for that. It is what life is about. PS To the other newbies fussing, please start again and put your nice face on.......madam's biggrin.gif Also I have actually filed out my info if you want to know a little about me.

--------------------
"I want you to know one thing.
You know how this is:
if I look at the crystal moon, at the red branch,of the slow autumn at my window,
if I touch near the fire
the impalpable ash
or the wrinkled body of the log,
everything carries me to you" P.Neruda

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 25, 2014 - 10:01 AM