The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

31 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For The Newbies...., ...post here before anywhere else...
enfermera
post Jul 18 2010, 06:24 AM
Post #141

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ocean @ Jul 14 2010, 09:39 PM) *
hi! this is ocean; new to the "bust" site! Thanks so much...hope this gets easier with practice!

hi, ocean smile.gif you'll get the hang of it. just jump in, and ignore the current nonsense.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anne_Ecdote
post Jul 17 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #142

BUSTie

i was talking about YOU girl power

your girl power must run on a potato

or else you are very very thick

i cannot decide which

you are not here for feminist discourse

you do not want to be part of the community

the community respects each other

you obvs respect no one

+Quote Post
Anne_Ecdote
post Jul 17 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #143

BUSTie

this way to the egress

please do not feed the narcissist

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jul 16 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #144

brown delicious

GirlPower, I think you will be doing your self a disservice in this online community (read: no one will read and/or respond in your thread) if you begin your relationship with this site with a complete disregard for the culture of the Bust site. If you are willing to trust a site which has been running for over a decade and post your interesting topic in the community forum, I think it will be a good way to establish support for your topic. Again, if you want to do things your way, I wouldn't expect much fanfare for your alleged topic that we must read about dealing with equal rights. You will not last long here if you go with that approach.

Just trying to help you. Don't hang yourself in here.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 16 2010, 05:44 PM
Post #145

Big Fat Bitch

And for my next great feat, I will teach punning & playing card prestidigitation to my loyal companion Mr. Bitey!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 16 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #146

Big Fat Bitch

We are a self-moderated board. We all work together to keep confusion & clutter at a minimum. If you take a long look around the Lounge, you'll notice that it is unlike many other message boards in that there are not a lot of miscellaneous threads, vanity threads, repeat threads, troll threads, etc. It's fairly easy to navigate & has very little fat because we all work together to make it so. Again, this is why we have the Community Forum. It keeps everybody involved.

I don't doubt that you could liven things up, but you're just going to have to wait until you have enough posts. Because of past abuses by arses, them's sadly the breaks.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 16 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #147

Big Fat Bitch

Unfortunately, when we switched software for the board the "Bustie" general ins & outs (As opposed to the Lounge Guidelines at the top of the page) got lost in the shuffle, so it basically falls to us Busties to give the newbies the 411 as best we can (The "Bustie" rules are reiterated in posts by Busties in several places as handy reminders both in here & in the Community Forum ). All in all, it pretty much comes down to "When in doubt, ask a Bustie FIRST". That's what the Community Forum is for after all! smile.gif

If you want to see if there is interest in whatever it is that you want to post, basically you just go into the Community Forum & explain what you want to start & see if there is any response. I suggest perusing the archives to see how it's done.

As far as how many posts you require to begin a new thread, since the last drama I do not rightly know. I would wager that one would need a bare minimum of at least twenty-five posts in order to start a new thread. But I do believe that number has been upped considerably.

I really wouldn't be surprised if your topic did already fit in somewhere. Since you're new to this, it's likely that there are HUGE swathes of threads you haven't seen simply because you don't know how. Because of how dead it's become here in recent months, forums like the F-Word are only showing the six most active threads when in reality there are actually thirty-six in total.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 16 2010, 03:06 AM
Post #148

Big Fat Bitch

Welcome, newbies!

QUOTE(Girl Power @ Jul 15 2010, 09:53 PM) *
I am hoping to post my topic soon, once I become more familiar with how things work around here.

If by 'posting on your topic soon' you mean starting a new thread for whatever it is you'd like to discuss, you should know it is going to take a while. Because of past abuses, there is a post requirement in effect. But I'd encourage you to take a really good look around because I can almost guarantee that there is a thread that likely touches on your topic already. If you're having trouble finding it, you can always PM me & I can probably root it out for you.

Also, a little 411 on thread starting: The Lounge is a self-moderated board, it is standard operating procedure for one to go to the Community Forum to submit one's idea for a new thread for vetting by the Community. This is done because we discourage vanity threads/most topics already fit into a preexisting thread. This solution was reached by the Community as a whole to keep from gumming up the works around here. We all try to work together to keep the clutter to a minimum. One of the nicest things about the Lounge is that you don't have to wade through forty useless threads to find the one you are looking for. So if you have an idea, do drop on by & pitch it. If there's any interest, we'll let you know!

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 15 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #149

Big Fat Bitch

Welcome, Ocean! A little practice & you'll have it down in no time!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ocean
post Jul 14 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #150

QUOTE(Persiflager @ Jul 14 2010, 02:20 AM) *
*bump*

hi! this is ocean; new to the "bust" site! Thanks so much...hope this gets easier with practice!

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jul 14 2010, 04:20 AM
Post #151

Hardcore BUSTie

*bump*

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
Love
post Jul 7 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #152

Hellow kitty.

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jul 7 2010, 07:08 PM
Post #153

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi Love :-)

+Quote Post
Love
post Jul 7 2010, 07:06 PM
Post #154

Bump.

Love is back.

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jul 2 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #155

Hardcore BUSTie

*bump*

--------------------

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jun 23 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #156

Hardcore BUSTie

Welcome to the forums guys!
Bubblegum, welcome back - start posting already! :0)
MetalSmitten, maybe me and you will revive the "Crafty Handmade Business" thread one day.

+Quote Post
emmy_
post Jun 22 2010, 07:36 AM
Post #157

QUOTE(Persiflager @ Jun 22 2010, 06:45 AM) *
*waves*

Hi Emmy from a fellow Londoner! I'll bump the UK Busties thread fo you in case you ever fancy meeting up.

Yarr, the weather be frighful dry.gif

*waves* Avast!

Hoped there might be some fellow Blighty Busties on here... even better to find one who is fluent in pirate rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jun 22 2010, 12:45 AM
Post #158

Hardcore BUSTie

*waves*

Hi Emmy from a fellow Londoner! I'll bump the UK Busties thread fo you in case you ever fancy meeting up.

Yarr, the weather be frighful dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 21 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #159

Big Fat Bitch

Yea! Hello, Emmy_, RoxieRage, MetalSmitten, Bubblegumtrash, & Toasterbottom! Welcome newbies! So glad to see some fresh faces around here! *passes out crisp Mojitos & trays of empanadas*

--------------------

+Quote Post
emmy_
post Jun 21 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #160

Hello one and all...

I'm Emmy, from London in the UK.

I'm also pretty appalling at introductions, as will no doubt become apparent shortly!

I'm 25. I work in marketing. I live in the London suburbs with two fancy rats named Elvis and Costello and an unhealthy addiction to anything that displays an utter lack of taste. I quite like knitting and sewing but I'm not very patient so it's usually a long, drawn out process which involves a lot of swearing and gin if its ever going to be successful. I like people, especially if they also blaspheme and drink gin and knit slightly wonky scarves as a result.

I find myself slightly ridiculous at times.

I like music with handclaps, analogue photography and Really Bad Hats. I'm exceptionally clumsy. I can usually be found drinking Diet Coke and saying the wrong thing.

I've lived abroad in the Middle East and South East Asia, and travelled heaps too. This is why I have a mishmash of an accent that noone can ever place, have a love of spicy food, get chronic wanderlust every 3 years or so, obsess over shisha and clove cigarettes and, of course, why I've heard of - and subscribe to - Bust!

Anyway, the above has more 'I's in it than is probably healthy for one post... anything else, you'll have to ask!

Hope everything is fine and dandy with you all - it's bloody miserable here in London... The Great British Summer?! Hmmm. Notsomuch.

Emmy x

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 18, 2014 - 08:02 PM