The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

31 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For The Newbies...., ...post here before anywhere else...
vermilionkiss
post Oct 8 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #261

BUSTie

Hello!

How are you all? I am back to this site after a very long hiatus. Looking forward to getting reaquainted here.

Let's see. A little about me? I am 36, married, my husband is in the military and currently deployed. We have 3 kiddos - Gunnar 4, Karma 2 and Hiromi who just turned 1. 3 kids in 3.5 years... yep, I am insane. lol. We live in TX.

I am an artist to the core. Currently I am taking online classes working towards getting a photovoltaic intallers license in order to install solar panels on my artistic playhouses. My long term goal is to make my playhouses into a business.

Hobbies... anything that I can create with my hands interests me. I love salsa dancing, good food, interesting people, traveling and any new adventure that comes across my path. smile.gif

Well, I am going to start poking around. See ya all around!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 6 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #262

Big Fat Bitch

I bumped both the Survivor's Space in the F Word & the Gen Sex in LTAS for you, Circledot. You'll find the best advice there for your partick issue.

QUOTE(circledot @ Oct 6 2009, 10:37 PM) *
Hi-
I'm not technically new as I used to visit this site a lot a few years ago. Love the site, love the magazine. I'm back because I need some advice from smart ladies-
but I'm not sure which thread to post in.... it's about dealing with problems I'm having with my partner, in the bedroom, which I think are linked to their having been molested as a child and abused in a past relationship. Should I post under the Mating Game? Start a new thread?
thanks in advance
x

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
circledot
post Oct 6 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #263

Hi-
I'm not technically new as I used to visit this site a lot a few years ago. Love the site, love the magazine. I'm back because I need some advice from smart ladies-
but I'm not sure which thread to post in.... it's about dealing with problems I'm having with my partner, in the bedroom, which I think are linked to their having been molested as a child and abused in a past relationship. Should I post under the Mating Game? Start a new thread?
thanks in advance
x

+Quote Post
rubyvroom
post Sep 29 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #264

hey my name is ruby and I have been a Bust reader since 1996. I had a collection of every issue since then but it got lost in a move, I was soooo pissed. Anyway I love writing, reading, music, crafts, and anything Bust-y. I'm a 31 year old mama who loves the feel of this zine, and the vibe it creates, so I try to live my life by the creedo "what would Joan Jett do?", because you know what she'd do? She'd ROCK OUT!

--------------------
"The opposite of war is not peace, but creation"

+Quote Post
kittyrocker08
post Sep 29 2009, 02:18 AM
Post #265

Hi, my names Charisse, and I'm an Audio Production student in Seattle. I love Bust magazine, and I buy it everytime I see a new one on the newsstand at the grocery store by my apartment. I am also a huge nerd and entertainment junkie, so if anyone wants to see my blog its Native Audio Grrrl

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 27 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #266

Big Fat Bitch

Holy moly! A whole buncha newbies! WELCOME! The bar is open, the food is being passed around & the music is swell. Have fun!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
etch_detch
post Sep 27 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #267

Hi, all. My name's Emily, and I'm a first-year student in college in a totally unfamiliar part of the United States. I enjoy reading, writing, gardening, um.... Bright colors? Badminton? Dance music? I don't know, I'm never sure what to put in introduction posts. Anyway, I started reading BUST a few months ago when I decided that I needed to expand my magazine-reading horizons, and so far I definitely like what I've seen.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Sep 22 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #268

Hardcore BUSTie

I happened to notice a lot of crafty, DIYers here. I hope you join us over in the She's Crafty...forum. Just jump right in; the waters are friendly...

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
Knitpip
post Sep 22 2009, 02:34 AM
Post #269

Hi there!

I am new here, but I do read Bust for a while. About me: 28, from Amsterdam (Netherlands/Europe). Love to read, discuss and DIY-projects.

+Quote Post
meadowlark
post Sep 21 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #270

BUSTie

Hello,
I posted here infrequently under another name but it's time for a change. I'm starting over and hoping to be less of a lurker. I'm 31, love to knit and read.

+Quote Post
bookworm72
post Sep 21 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #271

Hi. I'm Tanya, and I came across BUST and loved it. I am 37, married, and I love to read, write, garden and antique. Hope to make lots of new friends here.
Peace

+Quote Post
MsSassyPants
post Sep 18 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #272

Hi. New here. My name's Carly. I'm a mom of two boys, work with Del Monte and live sunny California! I'm into movies, fashion, fitness and writing. Looking foward to joining the conversation here!

+Quote Post
AbleDanger
post Sep 16 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #273

BUSTie

Hi everyone, I am in my late 20s, love to sew, knit when I'm bored in courses, and actually, well, am just generally very bored in my life! Not too sure what to do about that but I ended up here. In the daytime I work with children and youth, and in the night revel in my recent singleness. Actually, revel so much that I might post a list of all the brilliant things of single life in your great in praise of singledom thread!

Welcome everyone else new, I'm so glad to have found this forum!!!

+Quote Post
justF
post Sep 15 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #274

Hi Ladies (and others), I hope you will let me join your uber-fun community!

I am 33, I cook, sew, knit, read, complain and try to find peace in my world. I love quilting, comic books and video games. I am married, with 2 kids and in my spare time, I am pursuing a Master's degree in psychology. I live in Toronto.

I just started reading BUST and stumbled across this forum. I am hoping to find like-minded individuals to explore ideas and sometimes just to rant.

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Sep 15 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #275

A symphony of atrocities.

QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Sep 15 2009, 04:10 PM) *
I started out cabaret and moved into a tribal style as I learned more. It's such a beautiful art form; wish I was more proficient. I still grab up books/dvds etc. when I see them, I just haven't devoted as much time to practice in the last 2 or 3 years. I'm looking to startup again as the weather gets colder. Besides just having had a baby, I tend to feel a little down in the winter months and bellydancing is a wonderful antidepressant.

How about you?
Do you do a lot of public performances/belong to a troupe or do you use dance as a more personal expression?

I am a classically trained cabaret dancer, but I have had a minimal amount of tribal training. I have taught a very little bit. I have been dancing for seven years. I don't do any regular paying gigs anymore, but I have in the past. If there is a festival nearby I will go. I do take class semi regularly, both at private schools and at my university. I also host Haflas in my home on occasion. OPA!

--------------------
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." -Exodus 22:18

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Sep 15 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #276

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deschatsrouge @ Sep 10 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Hi all (passes around coconut punch and macaroons) Nice to meet all of you.

Hey Kofee, I belly dance too. What style do you focus on? Cabaret or Tribal?

I started out cabaret and moved into a tribal style as I learned more. It's such a beautiful art form; wish I was more proficient. I still grab up books/dvds etc. when I see them, I just haven't devoted as much time to practice in the last 2 or 3 years. I'm looking to startup again as the weather gets colder. Besides just having had a baby, I tend to feel a little down in the winter months and bellydancing is a wonderful antidepressant.

How about you?
Do you do a lot of public performances/belong to a troupe or do you use dance as a more personal expression?

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
LuLu*Gazoo
post Sep 14 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #277

BUSTie

hello there, i'm new here my name its LuLu*Gazoo and I like ....zebra print? smile.gif

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 14 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #278

the moistiest

welcome back mouse! we got u.

and koffeewitch: "O-H..!"

+Quote Post
mouse
post Sep 14 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #279

Most Likely Procrastinating

hi old friends & others...i took a break for a while. i'm back for some help.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
jammybitch
post Sep 14 2009, 10:33 AM
Post #280

Hello everyone *waves* New here and wanted to say hi and thank you for having me wink.gif

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 22, 2014 - 04:03 PM