The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

31 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For The Newbies...., ...post here before anywhere else...
BikiniKiller
post Dec 3 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #501

Hi, I'm new :] I'm kate, don't really know what else to say but hello!

--------------------
kaaate
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Dec 3 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #502

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi edithdumplings! Check out the UK Bustie thread in the Friends & Family section, I think we're going to have a bit of a meet-up at the craftacular.

And welcome from a fellow newbie!

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Dec 3 2008, 08:44 AM
Post #503

(o)(o)

Welcopme Newbies!

*throws sprinkles*

A few things for new posters. Please please please do not start new threads with out consensus from the community forum, which can be found here. We are a mainly self moderated forum and new threads just take up space. Further, what you are looking for may have already been created and just slid out of view. Someone can bump it for you. Or, explore on your own and see if you can find it.

Plus, we don't like new threads, some are a little useless and silly...SO, Happy posting and ask away!

*snaps fingers, cart of goodies appears*

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
edithdumplings
post Dec 3 2008, 06:57 AM
Post #504

Hi! My name's Gemma, I'm 23 from London.

I'm yet to buy my first copy of Bust! I used to live in Australia and became a big fan of Frankie magazine, but it's difficult to come across in the UK. I tried to find a magazine in the UK that is somewhat similar to Frankie, and I found myself at the Bust website after seeing an advert for the London Christmas Craftacular. I have rather enjoyed the website so far, and I will be popping out tomorrow to buy a copy!

I'm an illustrator and a bit of a crafter, fairly new to London and wanting to get involved a bit more.
See you at the Craftacular. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nova
post Nov 28 2008, 12:48 AM
Post #505

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Nov 12 2008, 11:43 PM) *
Hey Nova! I see you're in NW Indiana- you should swing by the Midwestern Mamas thread in the Friends & Family section. Most of us are from Chicago and get together pretty regularly. I don't know what your transportation capabilities are like, but maybe you can join us sometime!

Thank you for the invite:)

+Quote Post
lorraine
post Nov 26 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #506

i'm lorraine, new to these boards but not new to the mag. been reading it off and on for about 5 years. i'm an old lady, relatively speaking- i'm 45, married, the mother of two boys, ages 14 and 2 (second marriage-second kid syndrome...). i'm a veteran of several other message boards, primarily two dedicated to pearl jam- they are very political and so have forums on their boards that are devoted to political talk. however, since this divisive election season began (and really before that), the climate there has been almost intolerable as there is a handful of ultra-right wingnuts who tend to hijack the board and generally shit on anyone who disagrees with them. i haven't bothered with them since obama kicked republican ass on nov 4th. i figured, what more can i say? we elected a center-left, feminist, half-black democrat for president- my work here is thru. the rest is up to him. and i'm pretty confident that he's up to the job.

soooooo, here i am, desiring some girl company. hello everyone!

peace,
lorraine

+Quote Post
deschatsrouge
post Nov 24 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #507

A symphony of atrocities.

Welcome y'all please have some rocky road brownies and a mudslide. Please post on any existing forums, and if you'd like to start a new one please suggest it first in the Bust Community Forum. Cheers!

--------------------
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." -Exodus 22:18

+Quote Post
Carrpet
post Nov 22 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #508

I started reading Bust a few months ago after spotting the issue with the Gossip's Beth Ditto on the cover. I thought 'Hell, if there's a magazine cool enough to use Beth Ditto as a covergirl, they're cool enough for me.' Next thing I knew, I was in love with Bust. As soon as I realized there was message board [today, about an hour ago] I HAD to join.

My name is Carly [or call me Carrpet, either one is fine], I'm in my late teens, and I'm from the Chicago suburbs.

I really look forward to getting to know everyone!

+Quote Post
dragonflybee
post Nov 21 2008, 04:10 AM
Post #509

Well, hello hello everyone! Another newbie... I discovered Bust mag while tripping along the internet highway tonight (or should I say this morning? Ooooh... Just looked at the clock - I need to get to bed!) and have been reading ever since, enjoying it immensely. This mag is fab! Newly divorced after a 28 yr. marriage, and other than that, I am in dire need of a JOB right now. Can't wait to chat more and become better acquainted with everyone, but like I said... I need to get some zzzz's!!! ~~Sherry, AKA Dragonflybee, AKA The Cosmic Woman (but any one of those will do) wink.gif

+Quote Post
ihateoly
post Nov 20 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #510

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi, my name is Wendy. I used to post on these threads several years ago and then I didn't have a computer for a while, so I stopped posting. I just moved to Tucson, Arizona after living in Olympia, Washington for several years. I sling coffee and bagels until I go back to school in the spring.

--------------------
"Let's go dancing in high heels!"-Liz Lemmon

+Quote Post
Jane Lane
post Nov 19 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #511

Hello all you fab ladies.

I've been lurking around for a few weeks, and thought it time to introduce myself. M'name's Jane. Um... have a BFA in studio art with an emphasis in photography. Hoping to get myself into grad school in the next year.

Nice to be here!

+Quote Post
Lily_Anne
post Nov 18 2008, 02:19 AM
Post #512

BUSTie

Hi Ladies,

I'm a BUST devotee and longtime Lounge snooper. smile.gif
Working on a BS in human development, with a special love for babies, the rural South, and babies in the rural South.

Whee, glad to be here!

+Quote Post
bluebell
post Nov 17 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #513

hi all,

i'm a noob, though i've been reading the mag and lurking on and off for, well, years. i'm a jewelry and knitwear designer, a theater grad student, happily single and just starting to cook again after a hiatus. having a great time, kicking it in new york.

eep! excited to be here!

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 17 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #514

(o)(o)

Teehee!

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 17 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #515

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Nov 17 2008, 09:16 AM) *
Welcome newbies, we have a troll currently going by the name Joansy, his real name is Steve and he likes to quote bible passages and such. You can block him by going to my controls then manage your ignore list and add him. Don't bother engaging, because he's insane.

Also, if there is something that you are looking for but can't find it, just pop over to the community forum and ask, we can bump a thread if it has disappeared.

Welcome and happy posting!!!

She means the "My Controls" button at the top, not her controls tongue.gif Ah, if only we could control CH! laugh.gif

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 17 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #516

(o)(o)

Welcome newbies, we have a troll currently going by the name Joansy, his real name is Steve and he likes to quote bible passages and such. You can block him by going to my controls then manage your ignore list and add him. Don't bother engaging, because he's insane.

Also, if there is something that you are looking for but can't find it, just pop over to the community forum and ask, we can bump a thread if it has disappeared.

Welcome and happy posting!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ana_valentine
post Nov 16 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #517

Hooray for newbies!!

I'm a long time BUST reader. I created my account forever go, and now I finally have the time to keep up with it; I thought I'd introduce myself.

Hello all!

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Nov 16 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #518

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi newbies!

Lemon chess pie:

* 1 (9 inch) pie shell
* 2 cups white sugar
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 5 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup milk
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon cornmeal
* 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
* 3 tablespoons lemon zest

I like to prebake my crust for 10 minutes at 425 before letting it cool and filling it.

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and milk. Add flour, cornmeal, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Mix until smooth. Pour mixture into pastry shell.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until set in center.

Lemony deliciousness for all!!

yum!

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 12 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #519

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Hey Nova! I see you're in NW Indiana- you should swing by the Midwestern Mamas thread in the Friends & Family section. Most of us are from Chicago and get together pretty regularly. I don't know what your transportation capabilities are like, but maybe you can join us sometime!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
Nova
post Nov 12 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #520

Hi. I am new.

I just graduated with a BA in Women's Studies. Woo! Who knows what that means or what it will get me... but yay for feminism anyhow!

I've been wanting to join this lounge for a long time, I just haven't had the time until now. I look forward to great discussion.

Cheers!

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 21, 2014 - 03:54 AM