The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

31 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For The Newbies...., ...post here before anywhere else...
pollystyrene
post Nov 12 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #521

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Hey Nova! I see you're in NW Indiana- you should swing by the Midwestern Mamas thread in the Friends & Family section. Most of us are from Chicago and get together pretty regularly. I don't know what your transportation capabilities are like, but maybe you can join us sometime!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nova
post Nov 12 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #522

Hi. I am new.

I just graduated with a BA in Women's Studies. Woo! Who knows what that means or what it will get me... but yay for feminism anyhow!

I've been wanting to join this lounge for a long time, I just haven't had the time until now. I look forward to great discussion.

Cheers!

+Quote Post
eleanorrigby2008
post Nov 11 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #523

BUSTie

Thanks a bunch. I'm gonna go play around with it a bit more smile.gif

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Nov 11 2008, 05:32 PM
Post #524

Hardcore BUSTie

that's your "avatar" and you can add it by going to the avatar section of "personal profile" under "My Controls" when you're logged in. Hope that helps!

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
eleanorrigby2008
post Nov 11 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #525

BUSTie

I meant the pictures that show up on the left, like yours.

+Quote Post
Christine Nectar...
post Nov 11 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #526

Hardcore BUSTie

pictures used to show up, but now you will just see the link - this measure was created to deter spammers who were bombarding the lounge with pictures of aborted foetuses and other offensive/annoying images not too long ago.

+Quote Post
eleanorrigby2008
post Nov 11 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #527

BUSTie

Maybe someone on here can help me...

Why isn't my picture showing up?

+Quote Post
radishpits
post Nov 9 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #528

QUOTE(bunnyb @ Oct 10 2008, 02:29 AM) *
radishpits, I'll bump the travel thread for you in ATWT and if you read back a good few pages I'm sure there's some info about Flagstaff eta: it's already in use so should be near the top this time.

cool, thanks!

+Quote Post
eleanorrigby2008
post Nov 4 2008, 11:56 AM
Post #529

BUSTie

Yeah, I saw other people getting chewed out for that reason. And I did find what I was looking for, so hopefully someone will help me out.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 4 2008, 09:05 AM
Post #530

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

The board doesn't allow newbies to start threads until you've made 10 posts. And it's for good reason- because we're self-moderated, we really don't want redundant threads. Most busties here think 10 posts isn't even enough. We've been around long enough, chances are, a thread already exists for whatever you want to talk about.

So, for the love of cod, don't start a new thread unless you bring it up in The Community Forum thread. You don't want to see us when we're angry.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
eleanorrigby2008
post Nov 4 2008, 01:00 AM
Post #531

BUSTie

Hello, everyone smile.gif I'm brand new here. Well, I've actually been reading these forums for a while (I fell in love with Bust when I saw the Flight of the Conchords/ Elijah Wood issue). Now that I'm out on my own and starting my life, I decided it was time to officially join.

Does anybody know why I can't post new topics? I need some advice on a few things.

+Quote Post
howerental2008
post Oct 28 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #532

QUOTE(billybonka @ Oct 28 2008, 09:22 AM) *
A big welcome to all our newbies. Pinkdiva, Culturehandy has pointed you in the right direction for your business posts... please take advantage of that and become a regular poster here. We're glad you're here. Howerental, if you're going to live in Texas, Austin is the place to be. I'm in another part of Texas and we can generally be a RED state in so many ways, but Austin is an oasis of BLUE. I think you'll like it there. UT is a great university.

Thank you so much! That's really helpful. I'm in the beginning stages i.e. don't have the job situation figured out yet, but I am searching.

+Quote Post
NewYorkLA
post Oct 28 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #533

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum... I love that the default text is pink! smile.gif Im excited to meet everyone here!

+Quote Post
billybonka
post Oct 28 2008, 09:22 AM
Post #534

Hardcore BUSTie

A big welcome to all our newbies. Pinkdiva, Culturehandy has pointed you in the right direction for your business posts... please take advantage of that and become a regular poster here. We're glad you're here. Howerental, if you're going to live in Texas, Austin is the place to be. I'm in another part of Texas and we can generally be a RED state in so many ways, but Austin is an oasis of BLUE. I think you'll like it there. UT is a great university.

+Quote Post
howerental2008
post Oct 28 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #535

Hello,

I just registered to the forums. I love BUST and its readers. I'm planning to relocate to Austin, TX from NY. I plan to transfer to UT at Austin next fall. What's Austin really like? The farthest from NY I've been is New Haven, CT and that place is...ugh.

Thanks and I hope I'm not doing this forum thing wrong.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Oct 26 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #536

(o)(o)

PinkDiva, the reason it was brought up is because, as of late, we've had problems with spambots.

Welcome to the boards, if you want to promote your businesses, there is a link, I can bump it for you.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
pinkdivawonders
post Oct 26 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #537

QUOTE(girlygirlgag @ Oct 24 2008, 12:41 PM) *
Stefani, (if that is your real name) it's pretty gross to spam message boards. I am assuming you work from home and got this great idea to work for a company that pays you on hits.

Here's the deal. Knock it off. If you want to post and be a part of this community, go for it. If not, die in a fire, spam bot.

Yes Stefani is my REAL NAME! AND NO I was not spamming message boards. I also do not get paid on the number of hits to my companies.

I do work at home trying to support my two boys. If you looked at my companies they are home-based businesses where you actually have home parites and I come and do the demonstration. Premier Designs is a high fashion Jewelry business and Fun Lovin Parties is a romance products company.

I am extremely sorry if I offended anyone else on this board.

+Quote Post
Caryn
post Oct 25 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #538

Hi. I used to post here a long time ago (regularly from 1999-2002ish) as chrissy. I've been gone for a loooong time, and not much looks familiar around here now...guess that makes me a noob again. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now, and thought I should go ahead and re-register. smile.gif

I live in the midwest. I'm 27, married, with a toddler. I am currently on a craft binge (just taught myself how to knit), and have been getting creative in the kitchen lately as well, so I think I'll be warming up over in AbFad.

+Quote Post
Christine Nectar...
post Oct 24 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #539

Hardcore BUSTie

hello lalumiere! if you are so inclined, you can check out the "pardon me, i'm canadian" thread in the family and friends forum.

endofthetrack, no need to be nervous! as long as you are respectful of other busties, and avoid pushing spam and other such annoyances (not so subtle HINT to others) i'm sure you will have a fine time!

now, fuzzy navel any one? *holds up the peach schnapps*

+Quote Post
pinkdivawonders
post Oct 24 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #540

Hello all. I have been here for a while. Just couldn't remember if I had posted in here.

My name is Stefani. I am a SAHWM of two boys. I am looking for friends, networking, and new ideas.

I sell Premier Designs Jewelry and Fun Lovin Parties (romance products).

If you are interested you can check out my web sites for more information on me and my products.

http://www.adultpinkparties.com

http://www.wondersfamilyweb.com

I look forward to meeting new friends! Have a Great Weekend!

+Quote Post

31 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 05:01 PM