The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This Blood's For You : True Blood Fans Of The Tv Show And The Books, TrueBlood Fans of the TV show or the books or both :)
auralpoison
post Sep 18 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #1

Big Fat Bitch

OMG! A TB fan with a life! That thing went viral about three months ago, I'm glad somebody out there has something more constructive to do than just watch high camp tv!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
foryoursplendor
post Sep 18 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

Has anyone else seen this yet? It's a tribute to True Blood by Snoop Dogg. Super funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8tODhvb47s

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Sep 18 2010, 12:49 AM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Is it ok if I stop posting everything in spoilers? I think there's only the three of us here anyway, and we've all seen the finale now.

It does make more sense if I think of it as a transition season. This season has been setting everything up for season 4 (and possibly later?) rather than the finale. But dammit, that's ages away!

I'm re-watching seasons 2 and 3 to see how it changes in the light of what I know now, and noticed something in the first scene with Tommy. Sam comes up to him, notices the 'Tommy' on his shirt, says "Hey are you Tommy?". Tommy, without knowing who Sam is, says "Congratulations bro, you can read". Heh.

The first thing that Jesus says to Lafayette is "Can I help you?" Yes, Jesus, yes you can, in many ways.
There were a lot of hints that Lafayette had magic: the bad juju in the food at Sookie's gran's funeral, the reading of the tarot cards for Tara and Eggs, the comment to Maryanne "I's feeling you, and you is a soulless bitch".

Bill's outrage at Eric tricking Sookie into drinking his blood seems....more than a tad hypocritical now.

Some points that I'd forgotten about:
- who is Jesus's boss? I really don't think it was someone from the care home.
- what's going to happen with Hadley and her son Hunter? Presumably she's had the queen's blood, so she can't hide from her. And I notice from the Stackhouse family tree in Bill's file that Hunter's on there, so Sophie-Anne must know about him.
- I wonder if we'll ever meet Arlene's ex, the father of Coby and Lisa? Sam said he was called Dwayne and had Arlene's name tattooed on his chest. Ooh what if he turns out to be supernatural and therefore so are Coby and Lisa?? That's be a challenge for Arlene. And in an exciting twist, Rene's baby is totally normal.

I have a feeling that the events of this season will look very different in the light of later seasons.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 17 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #4

brown delicious

Ugh. I feel like Season 3 is obviously a transition season. I think the only thing I liked about this season was the introduction of Russell and Alcide. I do not think they knew what to do with Alcide, but, his screen time was fully appreciated by me. I love Russell! He is such a great villain. Burnt Russell was one of the most hilarious things ever.

I'm really over Sam and Tara. Like Persi, I don't get why they made Sam do such a quick turnaround. It would've made sense if we saw a gradual descent of his madness. Tara is like an emo song that has been played too long. I would be ok if she didn't return next season.

I agree, AP, Alan Ball better step it up next season.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Sep 15 2010, 02:42 AM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

Agreed. I'd kept the faith all season that the loose ends would come together and have a MASSIVE pay-off, but they.... didn't. Unless it's all being set up for next season? It does seem like the groundwork for season 4 has been laid a lot more thoroughly than season 3 (which was mostly set up in the last 10 minutes of season 2).

Things I liked:
The crazy Sookie laugh when she ground up the remains of poor Talbot! I assume some of that was from having drunk so much vampire blood, but it was a nice change.

The chemistry between Bill and Alcide. "If you two are done eye-fucking each other, can we go?"

The fact that Arlene's pregnancy was set up in the first episode of season 1! That level of forward planning gives me confidence that the unresolved threads from this season will be worth it later.

Hoyt's intervention. Bless poor, crazy Summer. And thank you for bringing the funny back.

I didn't like Tara's non-acceptance of Sam, and Sam's storyline in general. How can he have become so much of a dick so quickly?

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 13 2010, 06:32 AM
Post #6

Big Fat Bitch

Okay. That was kinda shitty. It's like since they killed off all the new characters last season, they decided they better leave a lotta loose characters/ends this season. Tara driving off into the distance, Sam being a total dick that either killed/didn't kill the illiterate kid, Hoyt & Jessica decided to get married & cohabitate/Mama Fortenberry bought a gun, Jason became the new savior of the Hotshot inbreds, Lafayette's boyfriend is a brujo, Sookie finally dumped Bill, etc, etc, etc.

Alcide is hot & all, but whatevs. There is absolutely NO chemistry between Al & Sookie. Eric, on the other hand . . . damn. They could dip ASkars in the dreaded peanut butter & I'd lick him clean as though my life depended upon it.

So the whole, 'tossing Talbot's gory remains down the insinkerator' was fucking awesome, though, right?! Maniacal laughter & all, about time Sookie seriously lost her shit! Liked the little bit of the battle royale with Bill & Sophie, too. And Russell. LONG LIVE . . . um, LONG UNDEAD RUSSELL! Dennis O'Hara better be back to chew up some more scenery next season!

All in all, it was an extremely uneven, hodge-podge season. I'm hoping Ball gets his shit together & actually comes up with cohesive story arcs that tie up all the loose ends & jacks up the camp back up again.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 5 2010, 09:53 AM
Post #7

brown delicious

We have to wait until next weekend for the season finale of TB. Until then...

I wonder if Jesus is a demon. I am probably wrong here. I read there are demons in the Southern Vampire Mysteries series. I also did some reading on wiki about demons. I'm going to rewatch that epi where Lafayette and Jesus tripped on V. I just feel like Jesus is hiding something.

I read online that all of the new characters this season will be on Season 4.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vibrator
post Sep 3 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #8

BUSTie

I thought the episode was pretty good. They do have some strange scenes with strange reactions, like when sookie and bill almost got taken out by the king vampire and then they make love right after, thats a little strange.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Aug 29 2010, 07:56 AM
Post #9

brown delicious

I did not find the last episode all that interesting with the exception of Pam...

"Blah blah vampire emergency blah"

Gosh, I love that woman. wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Aug 17 2010, 02:19 AM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh. Well, that was a massively disappointing episode.* Every other line of dialogue was setting up plot for the next three episodes, so I hope they're amazing. The extended Bill/Sookie conversation was particularly annoying.

Oh, and Bill? Could you possibly stop lying for just 5 minutes? As Sookie is back in touch with Hadley, she's going to find out the truth soon enough - last night would have been a very good time to own up. I'm going right off you, Mr Compton.

*Except for the last 5 minutes, obviously, which were enjoyably insane.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Aug 10 2010, 04:48 AM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

Ohohoho, True Blood!

I hope Eric has a plan, 'cos he's going to be in VERY bad books when Russell gets home!

Do you think Hadley's message from Eric was just 'Russell's coming, Don't trust Bill', or did it include the warnings afterwards about what horrible things they're going to do to her? Eric was very specific about not adding anything to the message...

Speaking of that message, I hope it wasn't deliberately left vague just to create DRAMA! I hate it when characters don't take the time to fill in useful details. And why would Eric expect Sookie to trust him over Bill?

I am just so happy that Jessica forced Bill to finally be a proper maker. "Way". The training scene and the werewolf fight were awesome sauce. I wish he had told her that she was good enough for Hoyt, instead of being all angsty about his evil vampireness, and passing that on to her.

Why didn't Debbie go wolf to attack Sookie? It seems a better fighting shape than skank...

The Sookie/Alcide chemistry still feels a bit forced to me. Like "Hello, I'm the new love interest! Um. should we flirt now?" He is tasty, though.

Eric and Talbot - yummy. Thank you, Alan Ball.

Star, I think the last scene was partly caused by all the vampire blood Sookie had had (which also helped her in the fight).

I have my concerns about Jesus too - I wonder who his boss is, the one that called him?

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Aug 9 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #12

brown delicious

Anyone watch last night's epi? unsure.gif

I wonder if Lafayette's mother was prophesying the coming of witches in her psychotic rant. Besides Lafayette's love interest, does anyone think Jesus will play another role in his life?

Lots of nekkid Eric!

Btw, I did not understand that last scene with the angrysex scene between Bill and Sookie. :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Aug 4 2010, 03:30 AM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, I've seen that about too - fans of the books are very spoiler-happy! I've had to stop looking elsewhere on the internet so I don't get any other plot points spoilt.

Tis cool though. I really want to know what the implications are of her being whatever-she-is. It can't be that common, or Russell would have recognised her / thought of it as a possibility. And why does it make her so appealing to vamps?

I've just caught up on the last three episodes after being away on holiday, and wow! This season has just got so much better!

Sookie - Admirably ballsy (if stupid) when it comes to standing up to skanks.
Tara - winning the 'survival instinct' prize by a mile.
Everything about Franklin and Tara.
Everything about Lafayette and Jesus.
Jessica.

Some questions:

How on earth did Sophie-Anne ever get to be Queen?
Why does vampire blood send some people high and horny, while other only get convenient extra senses or strength?
(Only a spoiler if you haven't seen Sunday's episode) How can the King marry Sophie-Anne if he's already married to Talbot? And does Talbot know about this plan?Was the mention of Lorena's maker deliberate? He sounded suitably monstrous - I wonder if he'll show up at some point.
The Magister mentioning Tiffany's was an odd note; somehow, I don't see him being a big shopper.
As Jason mentioned Crystal being extra-warm, does anyone think she might be a were of some sort?

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Aug 2 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #14

brown delicious

Did anyone watch last night?? Major spoiler based on what I read online.
I think Sookie is a fairy. Read wiki about the novel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Aug 1 2010, 09:34 AM
Post #15

brown delicious

QUOTE(sukouyant @ Jul 16 2010, 11:04 AM) *
I don't know how much credit the writers get (should get?) for self-awareness in the script. I felt like the murder of the stripper at the end was so cliche and vulgar it was intended to be horror camp, but it was crafted in a way that might make people sympathetic with her, despite the fact that she's a depressed and fallen woman who likes to party. Anyway it was painful to recognize that trope.

I feel like this season is showing us what the culture of being a vampire/wolf in its politics and gore is really like (well, as real as fantasy can be). We had the first season attempting to convince us they are civilized, wanting to be integrated into the community. There is alot of corruption and complex relationships within these subcultures. It seems even more complicated in the relationship with humans (the selling of V).

What does everyone make of Sookie's powers? I didn't read the book series, but, do they mention her character having powers in the book series? If you know, use spoilers so we don't ruin for the lurkers in here. Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jul 16 2010, 11:04 AM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

Would someone other than her cousin please have Tara's back? Why she gotta suffer like that? And what's with all the crazy-ass vampires in Bon Temps and abroad? Do they just live too long?

I don't know how much credit the writers get (should get?) for self-awareness in the script. I felt like the murder of the stripper at the end was so cliche and vulgar it was intended to be horror camp, but it was crafted in a way that might make people sympathetic with her, despite the fact that she's a depressed and fallen woman who likes to party. Anyway it was painful to recognize that trope.

The image of Pam being tortured on the St Andrew's cross - I get that on the campier end the horror metaphor demands sexualized violence, but this episode was haywire with it.

I know that verybadthings have happened to Sookie too, but with the danger and assaults so rampant everywhere it's like her feet don't touch the ground, it's weird.

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jul 13 2010, 09:02 AM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

(omg, eric)

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Jul 12 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

Have to agree with you Sukouyant, while i love this show and I agree with Persi too that it was definitely exciting, it's becoming a little much for me. Just all the female-centered violence. I don't watch rape/sexual assault scenes in movies or anything, i just can't watch them. so i've found this last episode to be a little hard. but i love the show too much to stop watching now, and eric is just too hot...

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Jul 12 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

Ha! True.... though not as bad as the Queen.

I am having SO MUCH FUN with True Blood this week! I'm glad they've shuffled along some of the obvious plot points instead of dragging them out - thank you, Miss Sookie Exposition! Can't wait for next week. This is the first episode of the season where I wasn't bored during any of the story lines.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 12 2010, 11:59 AM
Post #20

Big Fat Bitch

How in the hell did Eric Northman manage to live so long when he can't lie for shit to anybody except Sookie?

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 30, 2014 - 10:33 AM