The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

128 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reel Life: The Movie Thread
mopamopa
post Sep 15 2012, 05:06 AM
Post #1

Media whores? what about these young teens girls going wild naked in front of their webcam www.undergx.com ? Is is the actual teens world? Can it do some positive or negative effects?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pronto
post Aug 20 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Oct 29 2010, 02:54 PM) *
Jendobrei Ghengis cunt (sorry about the spelling, I speak pa-russkie nyet polska...but my beloved roomate of many years was Polish).

he sucks big time

--------------------
aloha

+Quote Post
soniaverma
post May 29 2012, 12:27 AM
Post #3

This is suck a good website wonderful

--------------------

+Quote Post
jguo713
post Nov 13 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #4

ok

------------------------
stop pre ejaculation

+Quote Post
genghis cunt
post Oct 29 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #5

BUSTie

Thanks, k! I have no idea either, my dad was a foster kid and never learned a lot of Polish. I speak French, randomly enough.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Oct 29 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

Jendobrei Ghengis cunt (sorry about the spelling, I speak pa-russkie nyet polska...but my beloved roomate of many years was Polish).

I watched The Stoning of Soraya M. this week...based upon a true story with a photo of the real Soraya...an emotionally gripping, heart wrenching, rage inducing piece...I think this is a must-see for women everywhere.

Persi, yes, I think you'd like Dinner with Andre...the whole thing is shot in a restaurant, its a riveting conversation between two men that covers life, death, freedom, love, the universe and everything in between.

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
genghis cunt
post Oct 27 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #7

BUSTie

We are neflix subscribers, and last weekend we watched Blind Chance. I wanted my boyfriend to see communist Poland, as my dad's family is Polish and it's a part of our jokes, etc. Great movie, despite the boring sex.

I rarely go to the movies anymore, but a 20-minute drive to another part of town has a small one-screen theater that shows indies, classics, etc. Last Saturday we saw Psycho. Tonight they are playing the remastered Metropolis, but I am too tired.

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Oct 14 2010, 02:21 AM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

Ooh no, koffewitch, is it good?

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
postiemuse2
post Oct 13 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #9

BUSTie

I saw The Social Network in a preview last week and was really impressed by it. I loved the 'greek tragic' overtones and the humor.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Sep 23 2010, 07:38 AM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

So... I'm kinda one of those Criterion/Sundance/film festival goers, but I definitely don't think I'm a movie snob.
Life is short; I just like watching GOOD movies. And I kept hearing all over the fucking place (but not from any actual real people) that the new Star Trek movie is hotter than shit in a microwave. So I got it from the library...and it was one of the most godawful, pedantic, mindless wastse of my time that I've seen in a long time. I'm even a Treknerd for god's sake, but I hated it, hated it, hated it. They even used the old "guy-trips-and-falls-and-accidently-grabs-woman's-boobs" routines. I was actually embarassed for them; the cast, the director, poor Gene Rodenberry.

SO unless you inhabit the body of a very immature 12 year old boy, you might want to skip this one.

(P.S. Persi: Glad you got to see Harold and Maude. Have you seen "My Dinner With Andre"?

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Sep 23 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah there is the character dedication, but so far his characters have all been extremely one-note innit? Damn, maybe I won't see it after all, I don't want to see Cohen every time I listen to their albums. sad.gif

+Quote Post
pants
post Sep 23 2010, 03:33 AM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

I think Sascha Baron Cohen may be good as Freddie, the look isn't far off and his dedication to character is immense. I'm going with catious optimism about this decision

--------------------
I am not a reliable narrator
This is a place where I talk about other stuff, and try to make it interesting.

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Sep 22 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh I heard about that on the radio the other day. I was sad too - he seems to have the looks and energy/chutzpah for the role...but couldn't they have found someone else? Maybe he'll surprise us. I know I'll still have to see the movie anyway, eventually.

In other news, was anyone else pleasantly surprised by Shamalyan's Devil?

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 17 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #14

Did y'all hear that Sacha Baron Cohen is to play Freddie Mercury in the upcoming 2011 movie about Queen? I could have cried when I heard this sad, sad news. If he pulls it off I'll be amazed. Guess I should just hope for the best. I just really don't want to have to see that guy's ass again...
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/2010/09/...ie-mercury.html

+Quote Post
imike24
post Aug 29 2010, 02:47 AM
Post #15

ok

[SIZE=1][FONT=arial]__________________
"traction devices patches enhancement pills female libido
pills volume pills antiaging HGHs pe guide devices weightloss webhosting"

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Aug 14 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sybarite @ Aug 10 2010, 02:27 PM) *
I loved Inception; philosophically engaging, great premise, cool cast... and yes, very moving. I was in tears when they finally 'took the train' and at the end, when the kids turned around. (...assuming that was real life... blink.gif )

Splice looks really interesting, although it's been a while since I've seen any kind of horror on the big screen. I'm getting soft!

Splice wasn't really scary or even particularly gory...but it was pretty gripping and suspenseful. I definitely wanted to know what was going to happen next.

There were little things that nagged be about Inception that made me go back to figure things out.Like why would LD's traumatic projections come through in the dreams, but no-one else's? There's no way that only 1 out of 6-7 people would have had something traumatic troubling their subconscious. But I thought this was a pretty compelling theory about what was going on in that movie
* Spoilerific * http://halphillips.tumblr.com/post/822919795/inception

For some reason I still haven't seen Harold & Maude Persiflager

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Aug 10 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

I recently saw 'Harold & Maude' on a random trip to a local cinema, and wow! I can't remember the last time I saw such a good film, or was so engaged.

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Aug 10 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #18

it's cards on the table time

I loved Inception; philosophically engaging, great premise, cool cast... and yes, very moving. I was in tears when they finally 'took the train' and at the end, when the kids turned around. (...assuming that was real life... blink.gif )

Splice looks really interesting, although it's been a while since I've seen any kind of horror on the big screen. I'm getting soft!

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Aug 10 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm bumping this in the hopes that people will start posting here again *stares prolong-edly at girltrouble like a creepy person on the train*

The last two movies I saw onscreen were Splice and (of course) Inception (3x).

And I really hope Splice gets some wider release. It was billed as a horror movie, but it was more along the lines of a thriller, or even (and I hope I can say this without tarring it with any hint of twee, which this movie is definitely not) fantasy. I only got to see it once so I'm hoping for a DVD soon or 2nd release.

Inception....I found it moving the first time I saw it. But then I kept going back, almost compulsively, like returning to the scene of a crime or traumatic accident. I actually could watch it again if I could fast forward through the snowy part.

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jun 13 2010, 09:18 AM
Post #20

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been seeing movies lately with the Bechdel Test in mind. Anyone heard of it? There are three questions for a movie to "pass":

1. It has to have at least two women in it
2. Who talk to each other
3. About something besides a man

you can read about it here:
http://bechdeltest.com/

I've been trying to avoid the 3-D Alice in Wonderland to the point where I just ended up seeing it on DVD. I liked it a lot. Not sure why it's being panned. It is definitely not the crummiest Alice out there and surpasses a lot of them when it comes to altering the story in unexpected ways. I wish it had been longer and gone even deeper into the world they created.

Just saw Please Give which stars Catherine Keener (yay) and she justified my love, once again.

+Quote Post

128 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 21, 2014 - 02:08 PM